Thread for ShortCircuit Product Suggestions

JonoT

Would be cool if ShortCircuit could check out this keyboard!
image.thumb.png.be61fb40fcd8bb4d05608062ead6a5e7.png

It's a mechanical keyboard in the style of an IBM PCjr keyboard, very interesting.

I'm not affiliated with the company in any way, just recently found out about this from an LGR video.

I would love to see a review of any aftershockz earphones as an audio solution. I've personally had mine for over a year now and have been absolutely loving them as a way to listen to everything i want as well as having literally nothing in my ear.
here is their website on some further details on their rather unique bone conducting audio solution as well as their products.
https://shokz.com/

There's a company named Swiftpoint that has some really interesting mice - the Swiftpoint Tracer/Z/Creator has triggers, and unusual buttons, the ProPoint is a take on ergonomic mice, and the GoPoint series is a mouse/presentation device. https://www.swiftpoint.com/

I'd be really interested in David's take on the Tracer.

tracer_profile_image_840x840_8c7bdb74-4a81-425d-b0f4-9c0626826cdc_2000x.webp

I would love to see Linus's thoughts about The AirJet from Frore Systems 
Here is a video 

Akko B3084b budget hot swappable  Keyboard it has BT, 2.4ghz dongle and wired connection 

So I just watched Dan's review of the Sony SRS-XV900 and I've noticed that Dan is using Deezer instead of Spotify.
I have used both but in recent years I have only had Deezer because of the "HiFi" option and because when I switched, Deezer had more Artists that I liked. 

Video Idea:
Compare Deezer to Spotify in terms of offer and especially audio quality.
Also: Can you voice control deezer via Android Auto? Because I can not.

Another video idea of the same topic: Streaming Kaleidescape (Lossless home cinema streaming) vs Netflix vs Bluray

No idea how useful those ideas are, just something I'd be interested in

• 2 weeks later...

Came across news that Nokia are heading in a repairability / eco friendly direction with at least some of their new phones, seems like perennial favourites and sponsors ifixit are involved and I would love to see either Short Circuit or a full big boi LTT video on how good the repairability is etc.  Although I did notice that it lists official availability as UK, EU, and Australia only so I don't know how much of an issue that might be.

https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_gb/self-repair

10 minutes ago, Fyndir said:

Came across news that Nokia are heading in a repairability / eco friendly direction with at least some of their new phones, seems like perennial favourites and sponsors ifixit are involved and I would love to see either Short Circuit or a full big boi LTT video on how good the repairability is etc.  Although I did notice that it lists official availability as UK, EU, and Australia only so I don't know how much of an issue that might be.

https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_gb/self-repair

Super interested for this.   I loved Nokias pre smart phones, and this is the type of android device that might convince me to switch from iOS

I just found out this. It’s called 4k gamer pro and it should upscale 1080p (mainly Nintendo switch) output to 4k by enhancing the input I don’t know how.

It would be nice if you try to unbox it.

Do some EVGA mice and do some first impression comparisons to g502. 

How about some product reviews on pro audio tech?

like: Studio headphones, studio monitors, audio interfaces, audio mixers/consoles, Microphones. etc...

Many moons linus mentioned in a video the CAT phone. Never saw mention of it since but it did inspire me to hunt for a phone with actual practical features beyond 'does my face look pretty with this filter and how cool is dolby atmos when played through a credit card speaker. So went hunting for a I now found to be called a "rugged phone".

I ended up getting an ulefone 18t armour, with  flir thermal camera, a microscope which does actually work really well, a 9600 battery, mil spec  etc etc 

It is a literal brick and coming from a plus 8 Pro my arm did actually ache for a good few weeks  when using it. 

Any chance of a group review of the various models out there? Would be good to see comparisons of the specs, and not to mention may show the wider world there are phones out there built for 'outside workers'. 

And why my 9600 battery brick still only gets me 2 and a half days of use  🤔 

Would it be possible to see a revival of Handy Tech Under $100? Seems like Short Circuit would be the perfect format for it.

I'd be interested in seeing some more unnatural things about once two months or once a month such as the gamer drinks review that Linus did on Shortcircuit

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

You haven't seem to have reviewed this brand before, and the products seem good. It's a Finnish company that is pretty new, but it competes with many other brands' headphones like the Sony WH line.

These are the new Valco headphones (VMK25). I tried the VMK20 which my friend had bought and they seemed really good, and these have a lot of promise.

https://valco.io/products/vmk25-wireless-anc-headphones

Hey guys, I found some interesting gaming laptop from Axioo Manufacturer that just been released in Indonesia, it has some interesting features, and i hope it got featured in ltt channel or short circuit

It has Removable Battery and Swappable Desktop CPU, it has 3 variant with i3 10100, i5 11400, and i7 11700 all with rtx 3070 gpu, 1 sata and 2 m.2 storage expansion and upto 64gb of ddr4 ram expansion

and the price its quite shocking at $850 with i3, $910 with i5, and $1040 with i7

here's the detailed specs

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-11700 processor (2.5GHz,up to 4.9GHz, TDP: 65W) Desktop Processor
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 Laptop GPU
- Boost Clock 1560 MHz
- Maximum Graphics Power 115W
- 8GB GDDR6 Video RAM
LCD 16,1" IPS 144Hz (16:9)

- 99% sRGB

- 74% Adobe RGB

- 74% DCI P3

- 310 nits

Display / Resolution FHD 1920x1080
RAM 2 x SODIMM DDR4 Dual Channel memory up to 64GB,Frequency up to 3200MHz (Real operation frequency depends on processor)
Storage

1x M.2 2280 SSD,PCIe Gen3 x4 interface
1x M.2 2280 SSD, SATA / PCIe Gen3 x4 interface
1x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors
Camera Front 1.0M HD video camera
I/O Ports
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 port (Type C)
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 port (Type A)
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 port (Type A)
1 x USB 2.0 port
2 x Mini Display 1.4 port
1 x HDMI output port (with HDCP)
1 x 2-in-1 3.5mm Audio Jack (Headphone / Microphone)
1 x 2-in-1 3.5mm Audio Jack (Microphone / S/PDIF optical)
1 x RJ-45 LAN port
1 x SDCard reader
1 x DC-in jack
Power Management Full Range AC adapter, AC in 100~240V, 50~60Hz, DC output 19.5V, 11.8A, 230W
Removable 6 cells Smart Lithium-Ion battery pack, 56WH
Connection Intel AX201 (Bands:2.4Ghz, 5Ghz (160Mhz))
Bluetooth 5.2
Speaker 2 x Speakers
Security Kensington Lock
Intel® PTT for system without Hardware TPM
BIOS insyde
Support O.S Windows® 11 (64-bit)
Dimension 378 (W) x267 (D) x30 (H) mm
Weight 2.7 kg

here the link of the product mentioned from it's official store 

axioo pongo 7 https://www.tokopedia.com/axioo-indonesia/laptop-axioo-pongo-7-ram-16gb-512gb-16-1-intel-core-i7-rtx-3070?extParam=ivf%3Dfalse%26src%3Dsearch

axioo pongo 5 : https://www.tokopedia.com/axioo-indonesia/laptop-axioo-pongo-5-ram-16gb-512gb-16-1-intel-core-i5-rtx-3070?extParam=ivf%3Dfalse%26src%3Dsearch

axioo pongo 3 : https://www.tokopedia.com/axioo-indonesia/laptop-axioo-pongo-3-ram-16gb-512gb-16-1-intel-core-i3-rtx-3070?extParam=ivf%3Dfalse%26src%3Dsearch

and here's some review of it from reputable youtuber although it's in indonesian language

ec127d04-1afe-45bf-9075-4d6abd5dd03a.jpg

19b42992-0d28-4a11-bae0-507c894d93e7.jpg

c2a75c02-479c-4014-b2ab-fd2b451dbedb.jpg

faae000f-b142-491a-b389-c47da12d41c2.jpg

The beyerdynamic dt 1990 pro open/closed back headphone look really interesting plus they are with in a price range that a beginner to the audio scene might look into