Gpu pci e led flashes for a split second when i turn off psu switch.

samiur
Go to solution Solved by Nathanpete,

There is a buildup of charge in the system over time. When the PC shutdown, there isn't really anywhere to expell this charge, but for some reason your motherboard have it so that the power is most easily expelled through this LED. 

Nothing to worry about. 

Hello my pc is running fine no issue. I have a asus tuf gtx 1650 supet gpu in my i5 9400 machine. My psu is gigabyte p450b which is connected to my pro link 650va ups. My issue is whenever i turn off my pc and then turn off the psu switch or just simply turn off the ups switch the gpu pci e white led turns off normally after a few seconds but after a few seconds more the gpu pci e white led flashes for a millisecond. 

So why the led flashes even if there's no power on the system.? Is the psu causing the flash?  Is it going to be harmful for the gpu? 

Please specify thanks. 

E.g. : This only occurs when i run my pc for a longer time and then shut it down. But if i turn it on and off the post power down flash doesn’t happen.

There is a buildup of charge in the system over time. When the PC shutdown, there isn't really anywhere to expell this charge, but for some reason your motherboard have it so that the power is most easily expelled through this LED. 

Nothing to worry about. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

4 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

Nothing to worry about. 

Many thanks for providing clarification on the issue.

To add to @Nathanpeteperfect post.
These things are capacitors, and theres big ones in your PSU and some smaller ones on you motherboard.

They kinda act like small batteries among other things. So thats where the power comes from.

Screenshot_54.png

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!