The wan show 4/19/14

cnapier39428

This was the best episode of the wan show since like November of last year imo... Jerry was an excellent guest, way better than he is on jayztwocents, and his personality goes well with Linus and slick. They should have him on more often he makes for a great show

Oh man Jerry was awesome! I agree one of the best yet. 

I also found it very interesting with the Costco topic , i think linus should do a product managing channel.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

This WAN show was oddly one of the first I saw this entire year and I thought it was great, reminded me of the first "WAN" show.

Well to me its starting to get kind of dull and jerry was the fire it needed

First wan show I've fully watched since they got there new setup with the boxes behind. It was great.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I think part of what made that episode so much better was that they got sidetracked and off topic a lot more, talking about random but still interesting stuff, whereas normally they stick to the list of topics as much as possible, which sounds like a good thing but I guess it makes it seem a bit too dry/formal (still way less formal than stuff like The Tek, which I have stopped watching because it was too long and boring). I have watched all the recent WAN shows, and I definitely agree that this was the best one in ages, at least partly due to Barnacules/Jerry.

HTTP/2 203

Yeah Barnacules was great. And yeah I agree that the geeky tangents they went off on were pretty entertaining. Reminded me of the show slick did with his brother. They should maybe consider having regular guests on rotation. And keeping it casual and not sticking rigidly to topics is more entertaining imo.

I think he was great because he knew a lot about hardware etc, but the only annoying thing was they didn't get through very much. Sure the Costco thing was okay to listen to but it kinda means nothing to me because I'm in the uk...

And there was no better than beiber topic :(

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

I didn't like this one, but I haven't liked the other guest segments either.

It didn't feel like they covered that much in this episode. They just got side tracked and started talking about other crap or just agreed with each other and then moved on. I like it more when for example Linus and Luke have different views on something and start arguing, or when they try to take a different view on something, or when they play devil's advocate and argues back and forth. Just hearing the same opinion in 3 different voices is kind of meh.

Its bit sad that Linus' drive for more professional shows and videos has made them really boring. I can't really remember any good topic they discussed. Few exceptions like Linus' hate on Facebook buying WhatsApp and later Oculus show. At one point I almost quit watching them because of being bored. But luckily there are these bright sparks. The Cosco bit was really good since we don't have it here and only thing I we can get close to is either IKEA or local electronics store Gigantti. And then there was Barnacules joke on Asus UEFI overclocking.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

This was one of the better ones where they rambled a bit

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I enjoy listening to people who have a professional background in software/hardware like Jerry and Wendell from Tek syndicate.  It really shows and makes for great listening was a great WAN show.

Love Jerry

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

WAN show was great i like the more relaxed show. Jerry is also hilarious. I think Linus and Slick should start doing more casual shows like this yea not alot gets covered, but its more fun to watch. Usually i just listen while i play a game or drive, but i actually watched this one

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

Really enjoyed the more relaxed show, i have even noticed the normal youtube vids become a bit more 'formal' and really feel sometimes like he is just reading from a script, i think the WAN show should try and deviate from that but i know sometimes it can be hard to just jump on the internet and start talking about stuff you need to have some structure but again really enjoyed this show and Jerry is a really good quest.

Jerry was great on the show indeed. However the wan show as it is albeit without guests as often is not as bleak as many people make it out to be. The news is given in an entertaining manner, I don't see why people are so up in arms about the current state.

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

The current state is not bad at all personally I just think it could be better.

jerry is good for a relaxed and casual show. but for a more mature and less joke show he is not ideal.