Apple Makes GREAT Gaming Computers

CPotter
12 hours ago, Just that Mario said:

Seemed like an interesting video, but then turned fast into a "hurr durr apple bad" bs and that's where everything lost credibility. 

Linus Tech Tips never had any credibility to loose when it comes to Apple.

They are just like any of the "Tech Bro" community, it's childish console wars behavior.

11 hours ago, BondiBlue said:

That isn't possible on any Apple Silicon Macs, which was basically the main point of the video. You can't just install Windows on your M1 MacBook Pro like you could on an older Intel Mac, so if it doesn't run on macOS you'll have to find other options. 

Apple are building their most powerful machines in years and you can't use them to game like before? That's a damp squib.
LTT should have made that clearer in their video. 

4 hours ago, 8tg said:

everything sucks

just pick whatever suck you personally prefer 

Advanced Nihilism in the PC space. 

But yeah, you are right to some degree. Thermodynamics make laptops an exercise in breaking physics. Not gonna happen anytime soon. That and laptops are by their very nature a compromise. 

2 hours ago, HenrySalayne said:

Apple are building their most powerful machines in years and you can't use them to game like before? That's a damp squib.
LTT should have made that clearer in their video. 

They did? They literally said that you couldn't get the full performance of the mac, that the library isn't huge, etc. The talk most of the video about how you can't use it to game, in a video about how you can game on macs. What more do you want? Do you want them to snap one in half and sneer at Apple's inferior engineering? Do you want them to rub their nipples and sneer at all of the console peasants?

7 hours ago, 8tg said:

all computers are shit 

every operating system sucks

every company sucks

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

3 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

*snip*

Buggy? Yes(Task Man goes bye bye a lot...) Crashes? Not really, Chrome hates me more lol

image.png.182ca7815ae132da52fda90f59841642.png

Should point out I also have someone using Linux who has had almost no issues, outside of the annoyances that come with it from windows (aka learning curve), system has yet to crash on them.

FYI the ending with the 3 ladies the one being Mac is jealous of/has inferiority complex towards Chrome OS because instead of agreeing with Linux and Windows she stated "I hate that B", and is why Linux looked the way she did at Mac.

22 hours ago, HenrySalayne said:

Absolutely! I gamed 5 years exclusively on a Macbook Pro and enjoyed every minute of it. Just fire up boot camp, install Windows and you're good to go. Who cares if games don't support Mac OS?

idc about gaming on a macbook. it is quite possible, but what gets me is that Linus will cry over every bs non existant issue just because kids will think he's "cool". You know it is f*cked up when you have more intelligent tech discussions on 9gag than technology oriented YT channel.

3 hours ago, Just that Mario said:

idc about gaming on a macbook. it is quite possible, but what gets me is that Linus will cry over every bs non existant issue just because kids will think he's "cool". You know it is f*cked up when you have more intelligent tech discussions on 9gag than technology oriented YT channel.

I don't think he's crying about it, but he's seemingly made it clear he's pro-right to repair and considers Apple's focus on trying to create closed ecosystems and decrease end user control is bad.

1 hour ago, Ultraforce said:

I don't think he's crying about it, but he's seemingly made it clear he's pro-right to repair and considers Apple's focus on trying to create closed ecosystems and decrease end user control is bad.

MacOS is very much not a close ecosystem, in many many ways it's much more open than windows and the M1 hardware platform is also much more open than x86. 

one of the interesting factors is Linus is pro 'right to replace/upgrade' not pro 'right to repair'. When he things about repair what he things about is throwing away a parts that has one broken capacitor on it and replacing it rather than just replacing the broken capacitor or paying someone to replace the capacitor.  For example if you think a removable NVMe drive is good of the envorment then you need to follow through when you replace it by taking the drive to a repair location and having them remove the worn out NAND dies (that cost very little) so that you can keep on using the perfectly good controler and cache on the stick rather than throwing it away.. if you do this you will notice that very very few of these NVMe drivers are easy to repair, most vendors do not provide the software needed to re-set the ssd controler die so the NVMe stick is e-wast even through replacing the NAND dies on the stick is not a complex soldering job and the NAND dies themselves are not that costly.

16 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Only the Avatar, master of all four Operating Systems (Windows, Mac, Linux, Amiga 😛) can save the internet.

Nah, Avatar would have 4 kids, Wamiga, Mindows, Lac, and Ainux, which would argue among themselves and reignite the argument. Even though they are all parts of the same things, they all decide they're better than each other and every other one is wrong. Eventually, sweaty basement dwellers come from their holes and ignite the first galactic war and bring the end times for the universe.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

21 hours ago, Ultraforce said:

He's quite literally crying over everything Apple. The cable is replaceable and right to repair exists. It's just your own problem how you'll repair the devices and machinery. Most of the "right to repair" arguments are so dumb it is even baffling me how people come up with them. You cannot walk to car dealership either and be like "aight, bishes - I want 500 of these ECU chips".

24 minutes ago, Just that Mario said:

He's quite literally crying over everything Apple.

Even in todays video mostly just focused on hating apple there’s not a single tear that shows up. He might be annoyed or making mountains out of molehills(I’d personally disagree but whatever) but he is certainly not “quite literally crying”

On 4/9/2022 at 11:33 AM, WillR said:

Does anyone know what program he used to display wattage used and CPU Temps on the menu bar? 

Hey @WillR we used iStat Menus, a great little program that gives you access to a ton of sensors in your Mac.