Looking for a dummy graphic cards

PorkiThePig

Hello,

I want to make a computer for a display for people to see. I have all the parts but I don't want to waste graphics card... Can you guys please recommend a store if it exists with fake graphic cards? I know that I can use a dead one but that's also risky. 

2 minutes ago, PorkiThePig said:

Hello,

I want to make a computer for a display for people to see. I have all the parts but I don't want to waste graphics card... Can you guys please recommend a store if it exists with fake graphic cards? I know that I can use a dead one but that's also risky. 

Why don't you buy off ebay a for parts graphics card as most of the time they're dead and cheap and ebay has good policy for buyers

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1660 Super oc 6g
Mobo:MSI b450 tomahawk max

RAM: 32gb ddr4 lpx vengeance 3200mhz

Storage: WD sn550 1tb, Baracuda 2TB HDD (*In use), Hitachi 2tb HDD, WD 0.5tb HDD (both HDD knackered)

PSU: cxm 450

Case: Corsair Carbide Series

Any recycling center. Or just buy card from second hand thats labelled to be dead or for repairs etc. Yes, people do sell them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I need the fans to spin and for the RGB to work, and if this project works I will need more than one. As this is project for a new gaming display for a chain of stores.   

2 minutes ago, PorkiThePig said:

I need the fans to spin and for the RGB to work, and if this project works I will need more than one. As this is project for a new gaming display for a chain of stores.   

Thats not dummy... Well, you can rig fans to use external connector. I'm not sure how RGB is rigged in these newer cards, so you might be out of luck there. Anyway, I'm not sure if there are anything selling such. You might need to order custom built stuff, in which case you pay more than what you would for low-mid-tier GPU that already exists.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 minutes ago, PorkiThePig said:

Would a slot-mounted cooling fan like this be enough to fool the eye? You can always combine it with a dead/for parts GPU.

https://www.amazon.com/anidees-Graphic-GIGABYTE-Addressable-AI-GP-CL/dp/B07Y6CY6GL

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Your best bet is to look on AliExpress, Wish and Alibaba. I’ve already looked on Alibaba, but it seems like they only sell scam GPU’s. Try taking a look.

some people that water cool their graphics card sell the old cooler. I know techsource was selling one on his discord and I don't know if its sold or not

12 minutes ago, PorkiThePig said:

With a little technical know-how, you can get a dead/for parts GPU and rewire it to only have spinning fans and RGB (or add your own RGB is the GPU doesn't have it).

Use a spare 6/8 pin power cable from a modular PSU and just route the cable so it looks like it is connected and route the separate cable, that you will use to power the fans and RGB with, with it.

NZXT S340 | Ryzen 7 5900X | B550 AORUS PRO V2 | TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200 | RTX 4070
Nintendo Switch (2x), Nintendo *New* 3DS, PSP-1000, PSP-2000 (Crisis Core Limited Edition)

MacBook Pro 14 (2021), 16GB RAM, 512GB ROM

15 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Would a slot-mounted cooling fan like this be enough to fool the eye? You can always combine it with a dead/for parts GPU.

https://www.amazon.com/anidees-Graphic-GIGABYTE-Addressable-AI-GP-CL/dp/B07Y6CY6GL

This is awesome, will save this one! 

5 minutes ago, FliP0x said:

With a little technical know-how, you can get a dead/for parts GPU and rewire it to only have spinning fans and RGB (or add your own RGB is the GPU doesn't have it).

Use a spare 6/8 pin power cable from a modular PSU and just route the cable so it looks like it is connected and route the separate cable, that you will use to power the fans and RGB with, with it.

yeah probably will try and do this 🙂

8 hours ago, PorkiThePig said:

new gaming display for a chain of stores.   

With all of the theft from retail displays, you'd be better off just having a display monitor that showcases the actual product in use.  

Does the customer not have specific specs for the rig?  Or certain brand requirements?  

Is it just "gaming PC"?  

9 hours ago, PorkiThePig said:

Then when you're asking for is not a "dummy" graphics card, but a working one.

Unless you want to go through the effort of dismantling a broken GPU, cut all the traces on the PCB to the slot, and then use the PCIe power connector to power the fans/rgb directly by rerouting the wires. This is of course, dangerous.

Basically "RGB" parts rely on a RGB controller on the PCB which is usually communicated over the PCIe SMI or a "USB" device. So if the card doesn't work, then the fans and RGB won't work because there's nothing telling it to operate.

If you really just want anything, try and find a 2060 or a 1650/1660 that has RGB on it, as these parts are the least interesting.

Or go to your local Craigslist/ Facebook marketplace/ classifieds and find an ancient early PCIe ATI or Nvidia GTS card for literally 5 bucks. Those things are beyond useless at this point except for dedicated retro game systems. Wouldn't even be able to reliably playback YouTube.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580