3080 lhr hashrate?

what’s a good hashrate for a 3080 lhr, mines only getting 60-70 which is horrible especially at 250 watts! while my 3090 makes 125 at 315 watts! 

it’s so imbalanced as well, completely unstable. i’ve never had this many issues with any gpu that i’ve ever owned.

its like when I use other gpus the 3080 will also have lower hashrate which don’t make any sense. it also has very unstable wattage anywhere from 190-280 while my 3090 is a constant 300-315, 6600xt is always 50 watts.

is there any way to get more out of this gpu? 

2 minutes ago, marcuzx said:

what’s a good hashrate for a 3080 lhr, mines only getting 60-70 which is horrible especially at 250 watts! while my 3090 makes 125 at 315 watts! 

it’s so imbalanced as well, completely unstable. i’ve never had this many issues with any gpu that i’ve ever owned.

its like when I use other gpus the 3080 will also have lower hashrate which don’t make any sense. it also has very unstable wattage anywhere from 190-280 while my 3090 is a constant 300-315, 6600xt is always 50 watts.

Ok i am going to help you out a bit just get a bunch of 1080 tis if you want to do mining its not worth destroying the 3090s 

2 minutes ago, marcuzx said:

also what crypto you mining with the 3080 

Just now, Noxitb said:

also what crypto you mining with the 3080 

etherium on nicehash 

1 minute ago, Noxitb said:

Ok i am going to help you out a bit just get a bunch of 1080 tis if you want to do mining its not worth destroying the 3090s 

I love my 3090

1 minute ago, marcuzx said:

etherium on nicehash 

yeah well thats the problem 

mine one of the ones in the file down below 

Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 8.11.33 am.png

17 minutes ago, marcuzx said:

just get an asic miner and be done with the gpu mining 

2 hours ago, Noxitb said:

mining doesnt destroy cards. Careless mining where youre pushing a rediclious voltage through the core and mem does. Just dont push over safe voltages on the cards and make sure they stay in the 70-80c range and your fine

Op, ofc the 3090 gets double the hash rate, the 3090 doesnt have lhr....

Id not use nice hash, and also power limit both, 315 is a lot while mining, and you can save a lot of money in power for a very little hashrate loss. Also, if you can, overclock the shit out of the memory, and on the 3090 especially make sure its cool enough.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

10 hours ago, marcuzx said:

LHR = low hash rate. Buying something advertised for anything but mining and then complaining about it working as advertised? Solution would be to sell or trade it to something that's not purposely build for being bad at mining.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

LHR = low hash rate. Buying something advertised for anything but mining and then complaining about it working as advertised? Solution would be to sell or trade it to something that's not purposely build for being bad at mining.

yeah this really sums it up. Did you not know what you were buying? your best bet is to use one of the miners which has the partial unlock, it sounds like you already are though as NBminer can unlock around 75% of hash rate for ETH which on a 3080 would be roughly 75MH. And yes, it will be very inefficient, in fact even the 3090 at 315 watts for 120MH is very inefficient. You have purchased a family sedan intending to take it to a race track. No bueno. 

yea I bought the 3080 white strix for 1.35k and was like that’s a decent deal. if I could go back zi would’ve definitely bought another 3090 or 6600xt.

I’m at a stable 66-67mhz at -300 core, +1250 memory, limit power to 65 and yet the gpu still uses 200-250 watts 

I’m using the nb miner I think?

my 6600xt is at 33 hashrate at 50 watts!

3090 is at 315 watts 120-125 hashrate

both are extremely stable unlike 3080 which has been a nightmare so far

do you guys think they’ll unlock the lhr a bit more? possibly 90-100% 

what a joke this lhr is… only good thing about this 3080 is that it’s extremely quiet and really cool compared to both 3090 and 6600xt. but all 3 cards are around 50 degrees celsius 

your problem is limiting power to 65. if you let it go to 85 or 90 then you'd probably reach the 'full' 75ish MH. That and make sure your memory OC is maxed out. I have a 3080 that is stable at 1600, of course ymmv.

next, I'm not sure what causes you to question whether nvidia will unlock 90% of the hashrate. I'm assuming that is what you meant as no one else has the power to make the LHR go away. And considering that's the case, I'm not sure what stupidity would cause them to say 'hmm you know, lets reduce the LHR locking, but not completely, let's say by 90%'. Just seems very dumb. 

6 hours ago, jwwagner25 said:

your problem is limiting power to 65. if you let it go to 85 or 90 then you'd probably reach the 'full' 75ish MH. That and make sure your memory OC is maxed out. I have a 3080 that is stable at 1600, of course ymmv.

next, I'm not sure what causes you to question whether nvidia will unlock 90% of the hashrate. I'm assuming that is what you meant as no one else has the power to make the LHR go away. And considering that's the case, I'm not sure what stupidity would cause them to say 'hmm you know, lets reduce the LHR locking, but not completely, let's say by 90%'. Just seems very dumb. 

oh got it! yea increasing power made it 75. 

anyways yea I mean I’m hoping some new miner like nbminer or something will remove it? 

or I really hope funky ass nvidia add an update that allows us to remove it ourselves!

Novice miner here. 

I bought a 3080lhr last week for gaming. I use nicehash just for simplicity and it hits 46-48MHS usually without any overclocking (apparently thats about 70% of what it could achieve, apparently there's a partial LHR unlock in NBminer, so if in theory it could hit a fairly bit more). Weirdly though my 3070 non LHR has a slightly better hashrate but the return is not proportional in terms of dollars/pounds. Nicehash is riddled with bugs mind you. 

Certainly wouldn't buy 3080 to mine with. Great card and I'm current at 3 dollars a day return which is not brilliant but its still a profit. 

I would be happy with the hashrates the OP has posted. I know I don't mine properly (ie use nicehash) but didn't think the LHR had been completely removed yet as my hash rates are low in comparison and don't think they should vary that much.  I've been trying to sell my 3070 but having ebay trouble so not sure whether to keep it and just mine with those two cards. Should make a little bit even with the ridiculous energy prices here in the UK.

7 hours ago, jwwagner25 said:

oh wow it’s horrible, now it wastes as much as my 3090!

26 minutes ago, irishbeast said:

Novice miner here. 

I bought a 3080lhr last week for gaming. I use nicehash just for simplicity and it hits 46-48MHS usually without any overclocking (apparently thats about 70% of what it could achieve, apparently there's a partial LHR unlock in NBminer, so if in theory it could hit a fairly bit more). Weirdly though my 3070 non LHR has a slightly better hashrate but the return is not proportional in terms of dollars/pounds. Nicehash is riddled with bugs mind you. 

Certainly wouldn't buy 3080 to mine with. Great card and I'm current at 3 dollars a day return which is not brilliant but its still a profit. 

I would be happy with the hashrates the OP has posted. I know I don't mine properly (ie use nicehash) but didn't think the LHR had been completely removed yet as my hash rates are low in comparison and don't think they should vary that much.  I've been trying to sell my 3070 but having ebay trouble so not sure whether to keep it and just mine with those two cards. Should make a little bit even with the ridiculous energy prices here in the UK.

I currently have 5 cents per kw so to me 3090 and even lhr 3080 is more than profitable 

you need to type in commands in order to activate the nbminer unlimiter where it unlocks 68-74% of gpu, in my case it’s like 67% cuz I try n keep it at 215 watts 

believe it or not I actually game on my 6600xt while I mine on 3080 lhr and 3090 but then again runescape is not a very demanding game…

I think they’ll be able to unlock more of the gpu as time goes on

if I was you id keep the 3070 n mine with it. yea you gotta power limit the gpu as well as increase memory while decreasing core fir maximum profit unless you got free electricity then overclock/increase everything

4 minutes ago, marcuzx said:

I currently have 5 cents per kw so to me 3090 and even lhr 3080 is more than profitable 

you need to type in commands in order to activate the nbminer unlimiter where it unlocks 68-74% of gpu, in my case it’s like 67% cuz I try n keep it at 215 watts 

believe it or not I actually game on my 6600xt while I mine on 3080 lhr and 3090 but then again runescape is not a very demanding game…

if I was you id keep the 3070 n mine with it. yea you gotta power limit the gpu as well as increase memory while decreasing core fir maximum profit unless you got free electricity then overclock/increase everything

Thanks,

I have played around with afterburner and I can decrease the power draw to about 80% and increase memory clock by 1300 without any adverse performance. Reducing the clock speed does lower it a fraction though. Noticed this on a couple of cards, maybe its more efficient though. I haven't really researched mining in massive detail. I probably need to soon with the energy costs becoming so high.  I am also looking for a new flat to rent so if I could get one with bills included (highly unlikely) I would probably mine a bit more. Just a small passive income for me

On 3/27/2022 at 8:28 PM, marcuzx said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up. The limiter works by detecting the ethash workload and AFAIK the unlocker works by "simply" changing the workload a bit to avoid triggering it (or at least to a lesser extent). Either Nvidia will remove it, "accidentally" leak another LHR-less driver or we'll be stuck with it.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping an old thread a little bit here but its does seem as tho some clever peeps are making headway on the LHR. My 3080:HR now sits at 60MHS. Should have never got rif of my 3070 as it was hitting 50mhs Using half the powered. Really impressed by the rx580s I bought. 30mhs on 90 watts power draw is very good, Not a good choice i you need quick money though#!

On 4/22/2022 at 1:21 PM, irishbeast said:

Really impressed by the rx580s I bought. 30mhs on 90 watts power draw is very good, Not a good choice i you need quick money though#!

Some RX6700XT can do 46.5MHs with 85-91 W.

Use Trex miner if you arent and most importantly dont mine with your card at stock core clocks and power limits. Here is my 3070L.

lulekek.thumb.JPG.0c0d1b2483197811486437285f2012a3.JPG

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18