MSI B550 Tomahawk VGA led after bsod

trichard95

So I just built.my new system, with a B550 Tomahawk and 5600X, first it booted up fine, but while installing something, gave me a blu screen of death, so I restarted and ever since it wont boot up, and the VGA led is red. I have a 2070 Super, but it worked fine just yesterday, even today. Could it be that the motherboard ia faulty?

I do get picture when booted, but its just a white line.

Edit: Other PCI-E slot doesnt help either.

Edit: Somehow I got into the BIOS, restarted and now it booted to windows. What the f... i dont even dare to touch it.

IMG_20220308_134110.jpg

IMG_20220308_134117.jpg

30 minutes ago, trichard95 said:

while installing something, gave me a blu screen of death, so I restarted and ever since it wont boot up, and the VGA led is red.

Are you using a M.2 NVME SSD? The VGA light on MSI boards seems to indicate both GPU's AND SSD's (makes sense when you consider they both use PCI-E lanes assuming the SSD isnt SATA)

image.png.df9ee51f09e9f2d00535c33a732ecf47.png

I had a near identical issue with a friends PC a few times, and the SSD was the fault, NOT the GPU.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

5 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Are you using a M.2 NVME SSD? The VGA light on MSI boards seems to indicate both GPU's AND SSD's (makes sense when you consider they both use PCI-E lanes assuming the SSD isnt SATA)

image.png.df9ee51f09e9f2d00535c33a732ecf47.png

I had a near identical issue with a friends PC a few times, and the SSD was the fault, NOT the GPU.

I'm not, but hence the edit, It did actuall, boot up after I got into the BIOS somehow, I have no idea what happened tbh. Installing Windows right now.

1 minute ago, trichard95 said:

I'm not, but hence the edit, It did actuall, boot up after I got into the BIOS somehow, I have no idea what happened tbh. Installing Windows right now.

If it continues to happen, it's likely an SSD issue. What drive are you using?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

If it continues to happen, it's likely an SSD issue. What drive are you using?

All my.SSDs are Sata drives, so I dont see how they could be causing it. It just did it again after a restart,beford I was using it for like an hour, having installed Windows 10. Should I just pray that it boots again?

23 minutes ago, trichard95 said:

All my.SSDs are Sata drives, so I dont see how they could be causing it. It just did it again after a restart,beford I was using it for like an hour, having installed Windows 10. Should I just pray that it boots again?

Okay,.so it is probably my ssd. Had a somewhat old Intel ssd as my boot drive, and after disconnecting it I can go straight to bios everytime. Weird