SSD health went down to 99% In a week after purchase??

So i bought a new rig around last wig (Processor , motherboard and ssd) and my ssd is a kingston Sata (not nvme or m2) 240GB SSD.

Last week and the days after were just 100% health and totally fine. Now crystal disk info (All versions) and hard disk sentinel says that my SSD health is around 99% ?!

in a week!! should i be concerned ? given that i don't install things that much nor do i use my SSD for anything just for boot up and stuff.

Any thoughts?

I also must say that i turned my pc on and off quite a lot in that week since i don't normally leave it on can that have caused it ? Tho all programs say that no issues were found at all whatsoever..Sooo what's up?

Which OS are you running?

Dropping from 100 to 99 is not concerning, its probably just burn in. Keep an eye on it and track if it continues falling at that speed, I'd guess it will probably not move again for a long time.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Which OS are you running?

Dropping from 100 to 99 is not concerning, its probably just burn in. Keep an eye on it and track if it continues falling at that speed, I'd guess it will probably not move again for a long time.

I'm running windows 10 Pro 64Bit 

I really hope it doesn't drop below any of that because according to how i am , i am a very paranoid person ;-;

My 256GB SSD dropped several percent in the first few months, now after 5 or so years, it's still at 82%. Your SSD will last you decades imo.

There are a few factors why SSD's will just lose health over time. Like poor ventilation and power adapters. But in your case, everything should still be considered new. If it is still within the warranty period, best to have it RMA'd soon. 

Personal note, if you have an M.2 provision on you motherboard, I suggest for you to get at least a 250gb M.2 Sata instead, if you find NVMe's to be expensive. Those M.2 SSDs are better in terms of speed, reliability and longevity compared to those SATA SSDs.

11 minutes ago, RMTM said:

There are a few factors why SSD's will just lose health over time. Like poor ventilation and power adapters. But in your case, everything should still be considered new. If it is still within the warranty period, best to have it RMA'd soon. 

Personal note, if you have an M.2 provision on you motherboard, I suggest for you to get at least a 250gb M.2 Sata instead, if you find NVMe's to be expensive. Those M.2 SSDs are better in terms of speed, reliability and longevity compared to those SATA SSDs.

The thing is where i live SSD's are extremely expensive. So i guess i'll just keep mine until it goes down to 0% (Hopefully not soon) and get myself an M.2 one after it i guess..i just hope really hope it isn't any time soon.

16 minutes ago, RMTM said:

This is where my ssd is located on the right side of my case , i really tried my best to fit it on the inside of the case beside the motherboard but i couldnt its too wide for the cables to fit. 

IMG20220305111244.jpg

22 minutes ago, FoxyZey said:

The thing is where i live SSD's are extremely expensive. So i guess i'll just keep mine until it goes down to 0% (Hopefully not soon) and get myself an M.2 one after it i guess..i just hope really hope it isn't any time soon.

Understood. But in my own experience, before where there were no M.2's yet, I had Intel and Seagate Sata SSDs and they started to misbehave and malfunction at least 50%(or less) of their health. But it took those drives at least average 4-5 years before they started showing problems and low health life. That's why, if you just got yours, it is unlikely to fail soon. But again, if it is within warranty period, have it returned already for possible replacement. Because, 99% in a week's time; it shouldn't be that soon. If that SSD is a Kingston A400, its MTBF or Mean Time Between Failure is 1 million hours. Which is too soon for your SSD, if it's newly installed.

36 minutes ago, FoxyZey said:

This is where my ssd is located on the right side of my case , i really tried my best to fit it on the inside of the case beside the motherboard but i couldnt its too wide for the cables to fit. 

IMG20220305111244.jpg

Even though, most SSD's can operate up to 70degC, it is still be advisable to place it where there is good ventilation or at least in clearance wide enough for proper heat convection. Like in a drive tray/bay.

It's normal to see a bigger life drop when a SSD is new. If you think about it, you're using it a lot, installing the OS and other software. After that initial phase, your writes will tend to be much lower, so the drop should slow right down. Also note smaller SSDs will see a faster drop, since endurance will be proportional to capacity within the same model series.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it too much, my boot SSD (500GB) also pretty quickly dropped a few percents but now after 15 months it still shows 95% device health. My other SSD (1TB) still shows 100% health. That drive is only used for games so it doesn't see as much writes as the other drive.