Rules for Twitch Chat? Why was I banned?

Go to solution Solved by ericlee30,

So should I send a message to @Slick or @ericlee30 ?

My username on twitch is GuestForeverX I don't believe I did anything wrong, wasn't posting links, wasn't swearing, wasn't spamming.

Ok You should be unbanned now, please try and let me know, some times it takes up to 5 minutes for it to go through, but most of the time it goes through insistently.

Thank you for the UnBan =)

Your welcome  :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

You didn't?  What does "<message deleted> " add to the conversation?  Dying to know this.

I don't understand the need to justify banning someone for saying such a thing. I'm convinced you've never been in a Twitch stream before, because at the best of times, it's just people regurgitating "kappa" and repeating one-another. Maybe if I had threatened someone with violence or promoted hostility, you would have something of a point. As it stands, you are simply trying to be contrarian. Had you seen that typed in a chat, I am certain you would not have cared whether or not anyone was banned over it, but because I brought it up in this conversation, you suddenly feel the compulsive need to call me out on it. Granted, I cannot prove this, as logic would dictate that if I were to catch you in such a scenario now, you'd be aware of what I said.

What I said, I did not say was "stupid." Once again, you calling it "stupid" is a matter of subjectivity, and not everyone would agree with you. Considering you were not in the chat at the time, I feel no reason that you should have any sort of emotional investment in the matter. I'm certainly seeing otherwise, which is why I find that you're arguing with me for the sake of arguing. To be completely blunt, it's posts like yours that make this forum a far more hostile environment than any arbitrary message I could have posted in the Twitch chat. Trying to seek out a debate with someone just because you feel like it is generating a much greater threat to the forum, by generating negativity that doesn't even need to exist.

I, myself, make Twitch a horrible place? Fair enough, that's your opinion. Just as it is my opinion that you make this forum far, far worse than it already is. So next time if you decide to go spewing your nonsensical discussions with someone, I would beseech you to do one of two things.

1. Be civil about it.
  2. Think before you write.

And you failed to do both.

I will not be responding to any replies you might have for this post. You're going to assume you're right, regardless of what I tell you. I hope you can apply this knowledge to future posts.

*Tips fedora*

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

"I'm convinced you've never been in a Twitch stream before, because at the best of times, it's just people regurgitating "kappa" and repeating one-another."

And that says it all.  Take care!

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Even though it's been answered, basically all twitch chat is full of shit and you shouldn't really bother.  Try saying something on Liriks stream or a starcraft/DoTa tournament.  Bloody nightmare

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

lol I've been banned since I can remember, twitch chat is a waste of video feed space on my display

• 1 year later...

I just got banned again! I said wtf was that and my messages got deleted so i asked the mod what i did wrong and they said I said a bad word for twicth so I said what wtf? as i didnt think it was classed as a bad word and the mod said yes so I apologised then got timed out then waited like 3 mins tried to post and it said i was banned WTF?

Anyway RIP Twitch i wil never support another scummy streamer again.