Peak Peek - Apple officially announces new SE, new iPad Air, M1 Ultra, Mac Studio and Studio Display

Lightwreather
Go to solution Solved by DeeKay86,

Summary

My comprehensive notes from todays Apple Special Event.

Here we go...

Apple Special Event - 8th March 2022

— Tim Cook on stage.

• Starting with AppleTV+.
  • Talking about movies on AppleTV+ getting nominated for awards etc.
  • Apple Original Films: Coda, The Tragedy of Macbeth, Spirited, Luck, Argylle - Seems they have recruited every huge actor for these new Original movies. Pretty impressive!
  • “Something Exciting to share” - Friday Night Baseball - coming to AppleTV+. 2 games that you can only see on AppleTV+.

— Lets talk iPhone!

• Worlds most advanced mobile operating system. A15 processor etc.
  • Introducing 2 new finishes for the iPhone 13/Pro… the leak was true. It’s GREEN. I’m not a huge fan.
  • Pre-Order the new Green this Friday. Launch March 18th.

— Lets talk Apple Silicon - iPhone SE!

• Talking about how the current A15 is best in class etc.
  • A15 Bionic is coming to the NEW iPhone SE (The leak was true… again).
  • More new users have been added to using iPhone than any previous generation (pew pew pew Android lol).

— Francesca Sweet on screen now:

• Talking about the iPhone SE.
  • Talking about the A15 Bionic and how it makes the iPhone SE awesome…
  • I don’t need to take notes on what the A15 Bionic can do… the processor is what we already have in our current iPhone 13/Pro/MAX models.
  • iPhone SE is in 3 colours - Midnight, Starlight and Product Red.
  • Toughest Glass in a smartphone, ever - Front and Back.
  • Same glass as iPhone 13/Pro/MAX.
  • It has TouchID.
  • Better battery life than before.
  • 5G.
  • 12MP Camera (single lens on back).
  • Now she is talking about iOS15. We know all this. Stop wasting my time lol.
  • Smart HDR4.
  • $429 - Pre-Order this Friday. Launch March 18th! Wow that’s cheap!!

— iPad:

• iPad AIR update (yay even this was leaked. Is nothing secret anymore?)

— Angellina on screen now:

• Performance: M1 is coming to iPad AIR!! Wow ok nice - this was only on the new iPad Pro before! Badass.
  • Faster than the fastest competitor.
  • 2x faster than the best selling laptop.
  • She’s talking a lot about the M1 processor now. We know all this already, the M1 is not new (still mega impressive though, crushes the competition).
  • 500 nits.
  • Front camera is 12MP Ultra-Wide! Supports Centre Stage! Nice!!
  • Connectivity - 5G.
  • USB-C port is now 2x faster.
  • Compatible with the Smart Keyboard folio etc.
  • Also supports Apple Pencil 2.0.
  • iPadOS 15 - we already have this so I won’t go in to it too much.
  • New release of iMovie on iPad - looks pretty cool - coming next month.
  • 100% recycled aluminium. 100% recycled rare earth elements etc.
  • Crazy how this new iPad Air is faster than my iPad Pro, and now has the same family of processor as my MacBook Pro lol. Ah, what a time to be alive.
  • Space Grey, Starlight, Pink, Purple, Blue.
  • From $599 - 64GB/256GB (damn that’s cheap for an M1 tablet!)
  • Pre-Order Friday, Launch March 18th!

— Mac!

• Talking about how M1/M1Pro/M1Max MacBooks have no equal. He’s right you know lol.

— John Ternus on screen now talking about Mac.

• M1 ULTRA announced! - Jeez man I just bought the M1Max MacBook Pro for gods sake.
  • This is “for the desktop” - phew!!
  • Starts with M1Max… ok let’s see where this is going!
  • M1Max “has a secret!”
  • Wow, M1Max has a die-to-die connectivity feature!! They can connect 2 M1Max chips to make an ULTRA Processor!
  • UltraFusion Architecture!
  • 2.5TB/s!
  • More than 4x performance of competition!
  • Massive bandwidth and efficiency!
  • 114Billion Transistors - Most EVER in a computer Chip.
  • 800GB/s - 10x faster than the latest PC chip!
  • 128GB Unified Memory!!!! Holy crap.
  • 20-core CPU. 16 High Performance and 4 High Efficiency.
  • 64-Core GPU. 8x faster than M1.
  • 32-Core Neural Engine cores.
  • 2x capable Media Engine (wow).
  • Industry leading performance per watt.
  • Uses 65% less power for more performance compared to PC equivalent!
  • This is game changing.
  • Industry leading security.
  • Software see’s the M1Ultra as a single piece of silicon!
  • Developers are now talking about the M1Ultra. They all love it. Surprised? Nope.

— Here we go - Talking about “The Studio”. The leak is obviously real lol.

• Introducing and announcing… the MAC STUDIO!! - and STUDIO DISPLAY.
  • Ok that is pretty stunning. Wow.
  • Uses M1Max and M1ULTRA.

— Colleen Novielli on screen now.

• Design: Exterior is 7.7inches Square. 3.7Inches high. Single piece of Aluminium.
  • Sucks in air at the base.
  • 2 fans at the top.
  • Rear exhaust.
  • It is super efficient and quiet. You will barely ever hear it.
  • Connectivity: 4 Thunderbolt 4 ports.
  • 10GB Ethernet (nice!!)
  • 2x USB-A.
  • HDMI.
  • Pro-Audio 3.5mm jack.
  • WiFi 6.
  • Bluetooth 5.
  • SDXC-Card Reader at front.
  • 2x USB-C 19Gbps at front / Thunderbolt 4.
  • 4x Pro Display XDR support + 4K TV.
  • Performance: 50% faster than Mac Pro with Xeon - Ouch to everyone who bought that one.
  • 90% faster than 16-core Mac Pro with Xeon and 60% faster than the Mac Pro with 28-core Xeon! Wtf seriously wow.
  • Ok we get it, M1Ultra is INSANE lol - this is just embarrassing the competition at this point. Wow.
  • 48GB Video Memory! WTF.
  • Up to 128GB Unified Memory.
  • 7.4GB/s SSD - up to 8TB!
  • M1Ultra 800GB/s memory bandwidth. (400GB/s for M1Max version).
  • 18 steams of 8K ProRes 4.2.2 video. No other computer in the world can do this. Holy hell.
  • M1Max Mac Studio is 3.4x faster than the fastest iMac.
  • M1Ultra Mac Studio is 80% faster!
  • I have to say, the Mac Studio is a stunning bit of kit. It’s so damn sexy! I’m happy with my M1Max MacBook Pro though! Woop!
  • Uses far less energy than competitors. 100% recycled rare earth elements etc.

— Talking Mac Studio Display: Nicole on screen now.

• Design: All screen design - but it has bezels - (pretty big bezels…!)
  • Slim profile.
  • 30 degrees of tilt.
  • You can add a tilt/height stand if you like (extra add-on).
  • VESA adapter option (extra add-on lol).
  • 27” 14.7million 218PPI. 5K Retina!
  • 600 nits.
  • P3 wide colour gamut.
  • TrueTone.
  • Anti-Reflective coating.
  • Nano-texture glass option (add-on haha).
  • A13 Bionic is BUILT IN to the display - surprising. Pretty cool!
  • Camera and Audio system. 12MP Ultra-Wide (same as iPad).
  • Supports Centre Stage (on Mac for the first time).
  • 3 “studio quality” mic array.
  • 6 speaker sound system: 4 subwoofers/2 high performance tweeters.
  • Multichannel surround sound with spatial audio / Dolby Atmos.
  • By far the highest fidelity speakers ever in a Mac.
  • Best combo of Camera and Audio ever in a desktop display.
  • 3x USB-C 10Gbps.
  • 1x Thunderbolt 4 port the provides 96w of power for charging MacBook.
  • Connect 3 Studio Displays to MacBook Pro.
  • New Silver and Black colour options for Magic Keyboard and Trackpad etc.
  • 100% recycled rare earth elements etc.
  • Pair it with Any Mac - like MacBook Pro, AIR, Mini and Studio.
  • Showing off the Mac Studio and Studio Display with a very cool little video lol.
  • M1Max Mac Studio STARTS FROM $1999 / M1Ultra Mac Studio STARTS FROM $3999.
  • Studio Display starts at $1599 - configure it up from there.
  • Pre-Order NOW - Available on March 18th.
  • Mac PRO - Coming SOON - but they will NOT show it today! (Seriously, how much better can it get? This is insanity! The “Pro” is going to be disgustingly powerful).

— Tim Cook black on stage.

• Show close.

Notes by: DeeKay86. I hope you enjoyed my notes! I am a bit of a freak and I do this for pretty much every large event many companies put on. I won't advertise my socials here as I think its not allowed lol.

Heh, more than half the volume of the mac studio is cooler, hopefully that won't be overheating 😛

mg-2f47adf0-w1300.thumb.jpg.69d3a55e748775ee14a61453567e7c87.jpg

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Mac Studio.

Spoiler

B20732FF-8DDB-4097-AA55-684F564AAEA1.thumb.png.da884ab9b2b72c248de6058dee3cfab4.png

Spoiler

AC86525B-20D7-46F8-A058-0FA9DF4BB3EA.thumb.jpeg.8c68099043ffae986d9fa1ec43e6558d.jpeg

I didnt manage to get a picture of the rear IO..

1 minute ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

64GB of VRAM! Holy Crap!

128GB of Unified memory if you go for M1 Ultra IIRC.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

2 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Mac Studio.

Reveal hidden contents

B20732FF-8DDB-4097-AA55-684F564AAEA1.thumb.png.da884ab9b2b72c248de6058dee3cfab4.png

Reveal hidden contents

AC86525B-20D7-46F8-A058-0FA9DF4BB3EA.thumb.jpeg.8c68099043ffae986d9fa1ec43e6558d.jpeg

I didnt manage to get a picture of the rear IO..

128GB of Unified memory if you go for M1 Ultra IIRC.

I thought so, I just didn't remember exactly, so I didn't make the statement.

After the Studio was released, I'm not interested, it's the same pitch over and over for their existing products. Apple's events are too clean, too clinical. I'm excited for the Studio, but that's because I'm a tech nerd.

Studio Display

5K Retina Display

600 nits peak

27”

Has an A13 bionic inside wtf

12MP ultrawide camera with Centre Stage.

Three USB C ports and one Thunderbolt Port

Spoiler

C529D888-921E-40CE-A951-95DA4800B1A8.thumb.jpeg.46b998c115f750fff5bfdff9f833b6d0.jpeg

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

VPN Server Guide

4000$ for the 64GB M1 Ultra version? Not a bad deal at all looking at the current GPU prices. Or do I miss something important?

That Mac pro is gonna cost a fortune.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

A fortune, yes, but imagine how much a system with a i9-12900K, NVIDIA 3090, and 64GB of DDR5 RAM would cost right now, let alone in such a small form-factor case and the substantial long-term power savings on your electricity bill. Doesn't look like a bad deal. 

And even if you built a PC, it wouldn't be that small. Or power efficient. Or cool to the touch. Or able to handle 18 streams of 8K Video of any kind. Or have up to 128GB of Video RAM. 

6 minutes ago, Laborant said:

Or do I miss something important?

That it's only going to be able to run MacOS software... 😕

Their stuff is great technically, but if you don't like the ecosystem it sucks...

Also there are 2 M1 Ultras, the $4000 one has a reduced GPU

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

That it's only going to be able to run MacOS software... 😕

Their stuff is great technically, but if you don't like the ecosystem it sucks...

I think their numbers shown will also have been heavily cherry picked with tons of asterisks at the end of them just like they tried to say the M1 Max was as fast as a 3080 laptop but it was really only as fast as a 3060 laptop.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Well, Hector Martin is preparing the first Linux release for Apple Silicon as we speak - literally any day. Full graphics acceleration bringup will take a while, but it's fast enough for some YouTube on software rendering and plenty snappy in general desktop applications otherwise.

Mac Studio M1 Max - $1999
Mac Studio M1 Ultra - $3999
Studio Display - $1599

Not too bad IMO.. They do pack a lot of stuff.

^

VPN Server Guide

Pretty cool. Not a huge fan of the design of Mac Studio. Looks like a stretched z-axis version of Mac mini. But performance claims look incredible

They seem to have sacked 27" iMac, since Ternus said that only the Mac Pro is left? Hopefully they actually introduce a 30" version later on.

What will the Mac Pro have as they specifically said this is going to be the last M1 chip? This actually makes me excited on what their exact roadmap is

Holy crap they really are stuffing M1 into everything, even the regular old iPad 🤣

M2, you can't come soon enough. Hopefully WWDC will see what next gen M2 silicon looks like.

12 minutes ago, gjsman said:

A fortune, yes, but imagine how much a system with a i9-12900K, NVIDIA 3090, and 64GB of DDR5 RAM would cost right now, let alone in such a small form-factor case and the substantial long-term power savings on your electricity bill. Doesn't look like a bad deal. 

And even if you built a PC, it wouldn't be that small. Or power efficient. Or cool to the touch. Or able to handle 18 streams of 8K Video of any kind. Or have up to 128GB of Video RAM. 

I mean tbh the 3090 is a bad card to compare to anyways since it doesn't have pro level drivers. 32GB VRAM can be gotten on AMD's Radeon Pro cards or if you need 128GB of VRAM the MI250 also exists (with 220 CUs I might add) tho that's an accelerator and not an actual GPU per se.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

I mean tbh the 3090 is a bad card to compare to anyways since it doesn't have PRO level drivers. 32GB VRAM can be gotten on AMD's Radeon Pro cards or if you need 128GB of VRAM the MI250 also exists (with 220 CUs I might add) tho that's an accelerator and not an actual GPU per se.

Besides not being an actual GPU, the price of the MI250 is undisclosed and is only available by quote. If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

5 minutes ago, RedRound2 said:

They seem to have sacked 27" iMac, since Ternus said that only the Mac Pro is left? Hopefully they actually introduce a 30" version later on.

That's my impression. Also looks like they canned the M1 Pro/Max Mac Mini that was rumoured and have replaced it with this Mac Studio instead.

What will the Mac Pro have as they specifically said this is going to be the last M1 chip? This actually makes me excited on what their exact roadmap is

I'm expecting they'll make a custom M2 series chip when the time comes that will be able to address the amount of RAM that 2019 Mac Pro can.

Holy crap they really are stuffing M1 into everything, even the regular old iPad 🤣

M2, you can't come soon enough. Hopefully WWDC will see what next gen M2 silicon looks like.

Rumors aren't looking great, maybe 20-30% better perf but seems like they're mostly focusing on power efficiency stuff. They don't want to cannibalize their M1 Pro/Max and M1 Ultra just yet.

The big M2 thing will be the redesigned products rather than the spec bump i.e. the shrunken M2 mac mini with tons of colours, the M2 MacBook Air which will be more like a MacBook chassis tho the M2 MBP is expected to keep the same chassis for cost cutting reasons.

The Mac Studio is actually very tempting. For $2600, you're getting the top end M1 Max and 64GB of RAM. I'm actually considering getting one rather than upgrading to 12th gen Intel.

6 minutes ago, gjsman said:

Besides not being an actual GPU, the price of the MI250 is undisclosed and is only available by quote. If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Sure but saying M1 Ultra has 128GB of VRAM is somewhat misleading in that you still need RAM to run the programs and operating system. In reality somewhere between 8GB and 64GB of RAM will be used by the OS and apps depending on what you need leaving you with 64GB of VRAM. Something that you can get on Nvidia or AMD accelerators, even if you discount the MI200 series.

Granted getting that in a real GPU is somewhat of a challenge because no company wants to put 64GB of G6 or G6X on a GPU that's already unobtanium. Apple's way of bypassing this/cheating is using LPDDR5 at ridiculously high speeds and on very large memory buses. (iirc M1 Pro is 128 or 256 Bit, M1 Max is 256 or 512 Bit and I believe this will be either 512 or 1024 Bit).

Steve Jobs famously had an obsession with making impossibly powerful miniature computers. Famously they all are regarded as failures. Let's see how the latest iteration fares. Personally I have high hopes for the Mac Studio and will likely purchase one in the coming future.

1959173221_ScreenShot2022-03-08at12_19_16PM.thumb.png.41fb999b35ebaff9776614c767ee3534.png

4 minutes ago, AlexOak said:

This is way cheaper maxed out compared to that other one that was 52k....

This doesn't replace the Mac Pro tho. The Mac Pro supports a lot more RAM which is why Apple will charge you a ton on the RAM options.

Also the GPUs used in the Mac Pro are expensive.

7 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Apple's way of bypassing this/cheating is using LPDDR5 at ridiculously high speeds and on very large memory buses.

If it works, and it works well, it's not cheating, it's good design. Otherwise we'd call every technological advancement cheating. I don't like it when people just hand-wave something as "cheating" to explain it as if that somehow discounts its impressiveness or utility. 

Summary

My comprehensive notes from todays Apple Special Event.

Here we go...

Apple Special Event - 8th March 2022

— Tim Cook on stage.

• Starting with AppleTV+.
  • Talking about movies on AppleTV+ getting nominated for awards etc.
  • Apple Original Films: Coda, The Tragedy of Macbeth, Spirited, Luck, Argylle - Seems they have recruited every huge actor for these new Original movies. Pretty impressive!
  • “Something Exciting to share” - Friday Night Baseball - coming to AppleTV+. 2 games that you can only see on AppleTV+.

— Lets talk iPhone!

• Worlds most advanced mobile operating system. A15 processor etc.
  • Introducing 2 new finishes for the iPhone 13/Pro… the leak was true. It’s GREEN. I’m not a huge fan.
  • Pre-Order the new Green this Friday. Launch March 18th.

— Lets talk Apple Silicon - iPhone SE!

• Talking about how the current A15 is best in class etc.
  • A15 Bionic is coming to the NEW iPhone SE (The leak was true… again).
  • More new users have been added to using iPhone than any previous generation (pew pew pew Android lol).

— Francesca Sweet on screen now:

• Talking about the iPhone SE.
  • Talking about the A15 Bionic and how it makes the iPhone SE awesome…
  • I don’t need to take notes on what the A15 Bionic can do… the processor is what we already have in our current iPhone 13/Pro/MAX models.
  • iPhone SE is in 3 colours - Midnight, Starlight and Product Red.
  • Toughest Glass in a smartphone, ever - Front and Back.
  • Same glass as iPhone 13/Pro/MAX.
  • It has TouchID.
  • Better battery life than before.
  • 5G.
  • 12MP Camera (single lens on back).
  • Now she is talking about iOS15. We know all this. Stop wasting my time lol.
  • Smart HDR4.
  • $429 - Pre-Order this Friday. Launch March 18th! Wow that’s cheap!!

— iPad:

• iPad AIR update (yay even this was leaked. Is nothing secret anymore?)

— Angellina on screen now:

• Performance: M1 is coming to iPad AIR!! Wow ok nice - this was only on the new iPad Pro before! Badass.
  • Faster than the fastest competitor.
  • 2x faster than the best selling laptop.
  • She’s talking a lot about the M1 processor now. We know all this already, the M1 is not new (still mega impressive though, crushes the competition).
  • 500 nits.
  • Front camera is 12MP Ultra-Wide! Supports Centre Stage! Nice!!
  • Connectivity - 5G.
  • USB-C port is now 2x faster.
  • Compatible with the Smart Keyboard folio etc.
  • Also supports Apple Pencil 2.0.
  • iPadOS 15 - we already have this so I won’t go in to it too much.
  • New release of iMovie on iPad - looks pretty cool - coming next month.
  • 100% recycled aluminium. 100% recycled rare earth elements etc.
  • Crazy how this new iPad Air is faster than my iPad Pro, and now has the same family of processor as my MacBook Pro lol. Ah, what a time to be alive.
  • Space Grey, Starlight, Pink, Purple, Blue.
  • From $599 - 64GB/256GB (damn that’s cheap for an M1 tablet!)
  • Pre-Order Friday, Launch March 18th!

— Mac!

• Talking about how M1/M1Pro/M1Max MacBooks have no equal. He’s right you know lol.

— John Ternus on screen now talking about Mac.

• M1 ULTRA announced! - Jeez man I just bought the M1Max MacBook Pro for gods sake.
  • This is “for the desktop” - phew!!
  • Starts with M1Max… ok let’s see where this is going!
  • M1Max “has a secret!”
  • Wow, M1Max has a die-to-die connectivity feature!! They can connect 2 M1Max chips to make an ULTRA Processor!
  • UltraFusion Architecture!
  • 2.5TB/s!
  • More than 4x performance of competition!
  • Massive bandwidth and efficiency!
  • 114Billion Transistors - Most EVER in a computer Chip.
  • 800GB/s - 10x faster than the latest PC chip!
  • 128GB Unified Memory!!!! Holy crap.
  • 20-core CPU. 16 High Performance and 4 High Efficiency.
  • 64-Core GPU. 8x faster than M1.
  • 32-Core Neural Engine cores.
  • 2x capable Media Engine (wow).
  • Industry leading performance per watt.
  • Uses 65% less power for more performance compared to PC equivalent!
  • This is game changing.
  • Industry leading security.
  • Software see’s the M1Ultra as a single piece of silicon!
  • Developers are now talking about the M1Ultra. They all love it. Surprised? Nope.

— Here we go - Talking about “The Studio”. The leak is obviously real lol.

• Introducing and announcing… the MAC STUDIO!! - and STUDIO DISPLAY.
  • Ok that is pretty stunning. Wow.
  • Uses M1Max and M1ULTRA.

— Colleen Novielli on screen now.

• Design: Exterior is 7.7inches Square. 3.7Inches high. Single piece of Aluminium.
  • Sucks in air at the base.
  • 2 fans at the top.
  • Rear exhaust.
  • It is super efficient and quiet. You will barely ever hear it.
  • Connectivity: 4 Thunderbolt 4 ports.
  • 10GB Ethernet (nice!!)
  • 2x USB-A.
  • HDMI.
  • Pro-Audio 3.5mm jack.
  • WiFi 6.
  • Bluetooth 5.
  • SDXC-Card Reader at front.
  • 2x USB-C 19Gbps at front / Thunderbolt 4.
  • 4x Pro Display XDR support + 4K TV.
  • Performance: 50% faster than Mac Pro with Xeon - Ouch to everyone who bought that one.
  • 90% faster than 16-core Mac Pro with Xeon and 60% faster than the Mac Pro with 28-core Xeon! Wtf seriously wow.
  • Ok we get it, M1Ultra is INSANE lol - this is just embarrassing the competition at this point. Wow.
  • 48GB Video Memory! WTF.
  • Up to 128GB Unified Memory.
  • 7.4GB/s SSD - up to 8TB!
  • M1Ultra 800GB/s memory bandwidth. (400GB/s for M1Max version).
  • 18 steams of 8K ProRes 4.2.2 video. No other computer in the world can do this. Holy hell.
  • M1Max Mac Studio is 3.4x faster than the fastest iMac.
  • M1Ultra Mac Studio is 80% faster!
  • I have to say, the Mac Studio is a stunning bit of kit. It’s so damn sexy! I’m happy with my M1Max MacBook Pro though! Woop!
  • Uses far less energy than competitors. 100% recycled rare earth elements etc.

— Talking Mac Studio Display: Nicole on screen now.

• Design: All screen design - but it has bezels - (pretty big bezels…!)
  • Slim profile.
  • 30 degrees of tilt.
  • You can add a tilt/height stand if you like (extra add-on).
  • VESA adapter option (extra add-on lol).
  • 27” 14.7million 218PPI. 5K Retina!
  • 600 nits.
  • P3 wide colour gamut.
  • TrueTone.
  • Anti-Reflective coating.
  • Nano-texture glass option (add-on haha).
  • A13 Bionic is BUILT IN to the display - surprising. Pretty cool!
  • Camera and Audio system. 12MP Ultra-Wide (same as iPad).
  • Supports Centre Stage (on Mac for the first time).
  • 3 “studio quality” mic array.
  • 6 speaker sound system: 4 subwoofers/2 high performance tweeters.
  • Multichannel surround sound with spatial audio / Dolby Atmos.
  • By far the highest fidelity speakers ever in a Mac.
  • Best combo of Camera and Audio ever in a desktop display.
  • 3x USB-C 10Gbps.
  • 1x Thunderbolt 4 port the provides 96w of power for charging MacBook.
  • Connect 3 Studio Displays to MacBook Pro.
  • New Silver and Black colour options for Magic Keyboard and Trackpad etc.
  • 100% recycled rare earth elements etc.
  • Pair it with Any Mac - like MacBook Pro, AIR, Mini and Studio.
  • Showing off the Mac Studio and Studio Display with a very cool little video lol.
  • M1Max Mac Studio STARTS FROM $1999 / M1Ultra Mac Studio STARTS FROM $3999.
  • Studio Display starts at $1599 - configure it up from there.
  • Pre-Order NOW - Available on March 18th.
  • Mac PRO - Coming SOON - but they will NOT show it today! (Seriously, how much better can it get? This is insanity! The “Pro” is going to be disgustingly powerful).

— Tim Cook black on stage.

• Show close.

Notes by: DeeKay86. I hope you enjoyed my notes! I am a bit of a freak and I do this for pretty much every large event many companies put on. I won't advertise my socials here as I think its not allowed lol.

Hello Ladies and Gents! I'm DeeKay86 and I'm seriously passionate about all things tech (not to mention a tonne of other things!)

Part Picker Link: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/8nhXD3