Quite vs Non-quite Builds ?????

tjrose91

Im all for a quite build but the sounds of a pc fan going is nostalgic as long as its not a blowy-matron with the wining sound for me got my dream PC build 10700k and RX reference 6900xt on custom cooling 120mm+240mm+280mm rads and a D5 pump 

what are thoughts on this topic

That's something that almost always comes down to personal tastes and tolerance for sounds.

I don't really care about noise, but I'm a special case. I'm hard-of-hearing in both ears since birth and don't wear my hearing aids at home (only when we have guests over) - so I really don't care about noise levels that don't reach a certain threshold. I've not encountered any fans that bothered me in the least so far. My current rig seems to be much more quiet than my last one - according to my wife. I couldn't really tell. 😉

i have good noise isolating earbuds and headphones, so i couldn't care less about what noises my PC makes.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Throwing a GPU into a Dell Optiplex is not quite a build.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

simple a fan curve. un audible at idle and about 80% under load. but when i get it on water it will most likely be un audible allow it will have something like 38 fans...or something lost count...

i met someone that is retired and like oc older stuff and sli from what i can tell but hes old school and still uses hdd and install discs even thoe it save so much time going thub drive...but to each there own.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Most important for quiet builds is to not have too many fans, 3-5 at most on the case and parts in it. Second is you need fans with decent motor bearing (that have a Silent IC) to eliminate that noise. and then 3rd it's either Liquid-Crystal Polymer built 120mm ones, so they can run at higher speeds for less noise. Or 140mm fans. 140mm fans spin slower for the same effort compared to 120mm fans, so they are always more useful when going for a silent build (without LCP in play)

After that like @thrasher_565 mentioned just setting up a fan curve / and or having fans running fixed at low speeds. (u can get away with either one depending on your setup). And slowing down the pump/pumps.

Most important for loud build, but which don't have annoying weird sounds, just the air wooshing nostalgia you're looking for, is the same as above for silent builds xD (just faster speeds curve/fixed like @thrasher_565mentioned.

Because again you really want to avoid specific low and high frequency noise, and fans changing speeds too often and too fast. Coil whine to a point, but it won't be a big issue, cause you'll drown it with the pure air going through the case noise.

On 2/12/2022 at 6:48 AM, Needfuldoer said:

Throwing a GPU into a Dell Optiplex is not quite a build.

Right, i have a BeQuite 600 Dark i think its has all solid side panel , and mentioned the rads in my first post, more less i dont want to see the lights on the inside

On 2/13/2022 at 2:08 AM, Dogzilla07 said:

Most important for quiet builds is to not have too many fans, 3-5 at most on the case and parts in it. Second is you need fans with decent motor bearing (that have a Silent IC) to eliminate that noise. and then 3rd it's either Liquid-Crystal Polymer built 120mm ones, so they can run at higher speeds for less noise. Or 140mm fans. 140mm fans spin slower for the same effort compared to 120mm fans, so they are always more useful when going for a silent build (without LCP in play)

After that like @thrasher_565 mentioned just setting up a fan curve / and or having fans running fixed at low speeds. (u can get away with either one depending on your setup). And slowing down the pump/pumps.

Most important for loud build, but which don't have annoying weird sounds, just the air wooshing nostalgia you're looking for, is the same as above for silent builds xD (just faster speeds curve/fixed like @thrasher_565mentioned.

Because again you really want to avoid specific low and high frequency noise, and fans changing speeds too often and too fast. Coil whine to a point, but it won't be a big issue, cause you'll drown it with the pure air going through the case noise.

All my fans are noctuas, only the front 280 rads have industrial 140mm fans that you can hear if its at 100% but i needed the fans as it really helps get air thru the front rads, with this case it has poor air flow in the front rads even took out i think the extra 2 dust filters on the front bezel of the case its has side air vents but the front case bezel has noise foam and the side of the panels i have the top noise foam thing but its solid and would restrict the hot air on the top rad

3 hours ago, tjrose91 said:

All my fans are noctuas, only the front 280 rads have industrial 140mm fans that you can hear if its at 100% but i needed the fans as it really helps get air thru the front rads, with this case it has poor air flow in the front rads even took out i think the extra 2 dust filters on the front bezel of the case its has side air vents but the front case bezel has noise foam and the side of the panels i have the top noise foam thing but its solid and would restrict the hot air on the top rad

the BeQuite 600 Dark is a nice case and was close to the point were case started to go more air flow even BeQuite gave in.

case like that are fine for lower end builds or hdd builds but for higher end builds they suffer alot. witch means the fans have to move faster and louder to be cooler...so in that case an good air flow case even thow more open can be quieter

one other thing is coil wine witch is really annoying and may need a case like that.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

9 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

the BeQuite 600 Dark is a nice case and was close to the point were case started to go more air flow even BeQuite gave in.

case like that are fine for lower end builds or hdd builds but for higher end builds they suffer alot. witch means the fans have to move faster and louder to be cooler...so in that case an good air flow case even thow more open can be quieter

one other thing is coil wine witch is really annoying and may need a case like that.

I was guessing the Case i have the box downstairs and didnt want to get out the box but love the case i got it for the 5.25 Bays as i have a ultra slim dvd drive with the drive adaper bay moded to allow a 120mm case fan, but part of the reason why i went all rads in that case my 6900xt custom i belive is under 75 c under full gaming load like Doom Enternal max settings, my CPU im getting 48-60 idle its on the same loop as gpu CPU 10700k all core 5.0 ghz @ 1.312Vcore

12 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

but my case is solid black with solid side panels i need to watch that video when i get home overall all Rads my temps seem normal even under full cpu and gpu load as everything is custom cooled

12 minutes ago, tjrose91 said:

but my case is solid black with solid side panels i need to watch that video when i get home overall all Rads my temps seem normal even under full cpu and gpu load as everything is custom cooled

ya temps are grate and with in the target i go for 75c on gpu and cpu on air but 85c is more normal for stuff now days

but have to wonder how much lower could it be if i had a air flow / wc case. a test bench is the best as its probably at lest 10c lower then an good air flow case like the torrent. but the torrent is not a good wc case. 

but imo with thows temps its not worth buying another case

Edited by thrasher_565

i guess another thing to note is everyone one wants a peace of the pie  everyone want to be the best but instead of going tow to tow on best cooling per doller each also target a different market. one targets quietest, one targets best cooling, one targets best price, and so on so each have have a peace of the pie.

making the best case out there well it will sell a lot of case and probably at a good proffet but it will be hard to top it kinda like silverstone and the rv02 its was so dam good for cooling it took years for people to top. so everything will have some flaw built in. meaning they can then make a new case addressing that flaw.

not only that they need to make there brand recantation well flowing the top trend.

Edited by thrasher_565

On 2/16/2022 at 10:01 PM, thrasher_565 said:

ya temps are grate and with in the target i go for 75c on gpu and cpu on air but 85c is more normal for stuff now days

but have to wonder how much lower could it be if i had a air flow / wc case. a test bench is the best as its probably at lest 10c lower then an good air flow case like the torrent. but the torrent is not a good wc case. 

but imo with thows temps its not worth buying another case

well i think i may have fixed the CPU situation as it had a clog on the CPU block only time will tell if it actually worked the GPU is the only thing running constantly around 38C Core and 46C Junction