King of the RAM?

I'm using Mushkin Blackline right now, but I'm not brand-loyal. With each new build I try to research the QVL find a kit that's been specifically validated, and usually base it off of which brand is most prominently featured in the speed category of the QVL. 

Probably not necessary any more but my early builds back in the S939 days were plagued by finicky motherboards, and old habits die hard

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

RIght now my favorite memory is G.Skill and Patriot. I own a set of Viper 3's, Ares and Trident X. I also own Dominator Platinum's and Mushkin Blackline. I found that g.skill and patriot have much more reliable dimms, including Corsair's but I find that Corsair's are pretty expensive for what they deliver. In my opinion you really pay for the badge "Corsair Dominator Platinum" rather than actual performance benefit. Feel free to disagree with me but yeah...

Dominator Platinums!

Greetings from the Netherlands!

Asus Sabertooth Z77 - Intel Core i7 3770K - Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 MHz 8 GB

I love Mushkin and I'm using it in my current build, but Kingston is just as good in my opinioun.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Corsair is nice, although dominator platinums are freaking overpriced out of this world for just RAM, think about it, you could buy a GTX 680 with the money used to get a 16GB kit

I've heard great things about Muskin from Teksydnicate, although I never have used it

Samsung, no one else could offer such amazing RAM for the prices they asked.

Yeah if ya don't like heatsinks though!

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Vaoh, on 07 May 2013 - 2:10 PM, said:

Samsung, no one else could offer such amazing RAM for the prices they asked.

They have amazing ram and IC and they are very overclockable which is great. They are very low profile too which is great for bulky air heatsinks :D

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Voted 'Other' for Patriot Memory. Using a set of Red Viper 3's @1600MHx 9-9-9-24 that were $80 when I got them. My other option were the Dominator GT's, but at just over twice the money, went with Patriot instead.

Asus X550CA-DB51: 15.6" @ 1366x768, i5-3337U @1.8, 8gb RAM, Intel 4000 Graphics, 750gb HDD

I know Samsung is the beast....but it,s not available in my country..(Romania.)

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

Patriot RAM is #1 in my Heart :P

i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz (1.23v) - ASRock z77 Extreme 4 - ASUS HD 7970 Direct CU2 TOP - Corsair H70 Core - 8GB Patriot Viper 3 2133MHz - Be Quiet! L8-730w - Zalman Z9-U3 - WD Caviar Black 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TB - Crucial M4 128GB

I believe KINGstone because they are more experienced! And not to mention their lifetime warranty!

I know Samsung is the beast....but it,s not available in my country..(Romania.)

Samsung is the best at making laptop memory.

Samsung is the best at making laptop memory.

They are also pretty good in making desktop memory too :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Yeah if ya don't like heatsinks though!

Personally I think there are very few fits that do heatspreaders justice. Mainly Vengeance LP as they offer them in a range of colors.

They have amazing ram and IC and they are very overclockable which is great. They are very low profile too which is great for bulky air heatsinks :D

Ditto, I'll take overclock-ability over heatspreaders any day. I think either my IMC or my motherboard could be to blame as people never seem to get any higher then my current speeds on the Sabertooth. Eyeing the UP7 as that seems to be a beast for overclocking memory.

16GB corsair @ 1600 its good for its money :)

• CPU                         AMD FX8120 @4.3 ghz
  • Motherboard          asus m5a99fx pro R2.0
  • RAM                        16 gb corsair 1600mhz
  • GPU                         msi gtx 970
  • Case                        Cooler master storm trooper
  • Storage                   crucial mx100 256GB and a 2tb seagate
  • PSU                         Corsair RM 850
  • Display(s)               2x 24 inch 1080p60 monitors
  • Cooling                   cooler master evo 212 .and 5 case fans
  • Keyboard                cooler master Quick fire ultimate (brown switches)
  • Mouse                     Logitech g9x
  • Sound                     logitech z906 and turtle beach x12
  • Operating System  win7 64bit ultimate

One RAM to rule them all, One RAM to find them

One RAM to bring them all and in the Awesomeness bind them

Epic2.jpg?t=articleFull&k=2200a0f1

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Yes!! XD

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Come on, it's hands down Corsair or Kingston.

Corsair first came into the market producing RAM... And Kingston is.. well, Kingston.

I'm rockin' Kingston atm, but I was using Corsair before that. Either one is good as far as I'm concerened. It just comes down to which suits my build because I like to match the colours so it looks pretty. ;P

i7 920@3.8GHZ|Gigabyte EX58-UD5 | 12G Kingston H yper X 1600 memory|Gigabyte 560ti SOC |Corsair H70 CPU Cooler|Samsung 840 EVO 500G|Corsair 600T case 

I have the Corsair Xms memory sticks. They feel nice and not cheap despite looking so simple. 

I did have ripjaws and I have to say--they look pretty BA.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yes, okay, as much as I like seeing a list of RAM manufacturers in varying orders...

Which is the best and why. Can we have a definitive answer, not biased depending on which RAM you already spent your money on?

Wouldn't Samsung technically be number one since they are the major supplier for flash that is being used on most of those brands?

What ever is cheapest, has dual channel support and is at least 1600Mt(ddr3-1600).