King of the RAM?

Seems like most users here have never heard of the Samsung 'Golden' ram.  1.35V @ 1600 with good timings.  Overclocks like a beast.  It was on sale many times last year for $14/4gb @ amazon.com  Sucks for Canadian users, but the smart US enthusiants bought it all up.

I got 16gb of it from Newegg Canada when it was around $40 for 8gb.

Now it's discontinued and ddr3 prices are at an all time high.

the cheapest one in what ever size i need... so poor :(

Seems like most users here have never heard of the Samsung 'Golden' ram.  1.35V @ 1600 with good timings.  Overclocks like a beast.  It was on sale many times last year for $14/4gb @ amazon.com  Sucks for Canadian users, but the smart US enthusiants bought it all up.

I got 16gb of it from Newegg Canada when it was around $40 for 8gb.

Now it's discontinued and ddr3 prices are at an all time high.

Most likely because Linus never got to unbox some and overclock them. But there are quite a few of us who own some and love them.

best RAM maker ?36273978.jpg

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I haven't seen anyone say Mushkin. So why does Linus always use Mushkin Blackline in his reference benchmarking PC?

I've got Patriot RAM in my old build and got some Kingston HyperX Predators for my new build. The blue/black color scheme fits the P9X79 well, and it's cheaper than Dominator Platinums. I do like Samsung RAM alot though, it's just RAM, high quality produced by Samsung. Got 8GB of Samsung RAM in my Vaio and it's rock solid. 

Current build: Antec P180, Asus P8Z68 Pro, Intel i5-2500k, Asus GTX 570 2GB, Patriot 16GB 1600MHz, Corsair HX 650W.

New build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11270-video-editing-workstation-build/

No Patriot ? :(

Intel Core I5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz w/ Hyper 212 EVO Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H 8GB Patriot Viper 3 1600Mhz CL9 Gigabyte Windforce 3X 7950 @ 1100/1550 Samsung 830 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Fractal Design ​Define R4 Seasonic M12II 750Watt

missing patriot. that's what i use. and amd-ram is just re-branded patriot-ram.

No avexir :(?

http://www.avexir.com/

I've used it on a build. Works great.

Then again, for Gaming PC's everyone ends up picking based on looks or speed (even if it is not a factor). In the regular desktop computers it can be pretty much anything depending on the board manufacture or price level of the buyer. It all works, sure I've had people have failures down the road but I've seen them all fail, not one in particular. On my desk now I have the following dead/bad RAM chips:

Samsung (three different ones)

hynix

Something with an i logo, model number HYS72T... (not sure what brand that is)

Should be a thread for each component and cases of bad/defective product X from maker X.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I had some killer Corsair 667Mhz memory back in the pentium 4 days, It ran at 3-2-2-8 timings all the way up to 800Mhz, which leaves me with a warm fuzzy feeling about Corsair memory!

But when It was time to build my new x79 system Corsair's stuff was middle of the road just like most memory now days.

Which left me basing my decision on the best specs with reviews to back them up and mostly pure astetics , and I ended up with some Crucial Balistix Elite kits. They look the part and work.

Than a few months later Corsair released their Dominator Platunims, same specs as mine and oveclock better, and look bad ass!! I was pissed! :(

I own G-Skill and Ive installed and use Corsair and I believe that Corsair has just way higher quality.

The only advantage on G-Skill is price but because of that the chance of getting a faulty kit is high. I have a 1366 system and I have 6 sticks of Ram where 1 of the kits had 1 stick faulty from factory. Another friend of mine the same thing, dual channel kit, 1 stick faulty from factory. The shop replaced it no problem but is allways a bummer have to test it and go replace it.

So I will always go for some vengeance memory in the future.

im using patriot memory. their quality is just sooo good! im using 24gb of patriot ecc memory 2x12 gb kit. even their ecc memory is decent.

patriot ecc memory 24gb 10600... not the best, but for ecc, patriot is awesome!

Samsung Wonder RAM - great price for ridcoulous speeds.

Personal favorite is Corsair Dominator GT

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

I use the corsair XMS3 1333 sticks. I've overclocked them to 2000mHz 1.65 volts. 10-11-10-28 timings. That's pretty good for mainstream RAM, it's not really designed for overclocking.

CPU: Intel i5-2320 @ 3.9gHz

GPU: MSI GTX 670 PE @ 1411/7387

I wanna go fast! :P