King of the RAM?

Ran out of space sorry. I went a bit brain dead which is why i put the dell joke which i tend to do a lot

No problem. I wish there was an option to allow users to add their own choices...come on Slick get on this.

Nice setup however if one of those 7970 blowers is loud then how loud is two or even three

It should only be a 3db increase for each addded card.

I use 8 GB of Mushkin and another 8 GB of Corsair and I have to say I do prefer the Mushkin only because I really love the low profileness of it. But in terms of quality corsair all the way because when I was putting the Mushkin RAM in my motherboard the freakin heatsink came off so now I'm using a RAM stick with no heatsink. Talk about ugly.

I've got 16GB of that sweet, sweet low voltage low profile Samsung RAM. Too bad they stopped making it. Maybe they'll start making it again in a few months after the demand for the S4 dies down a little. I'd love to have another 16GB.

Not to mention if some thief comes in you house you can use the ripjaws z as a knife. Just sayin????

I can use my Patriot Viper memory as a Bumerang. Its so heavy i throw it at the Oponnent. If hes lucky he will get away with a broken Legs. if he survives np it will fly back and if it won't i have 2 more sticks :3

corsair, looks waranty support, everything corsair

Curently using 2 Corsair sticks but Kingston will prolly be my next choice.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I voted for Corsair and Kingston,  but in my current system I have some patriot ram. You should add patriot to the list.

PNY and Team Elite(a generic brand, but it works pretty well, not overclock friendly though)

Cost aside

Looks aside

Personal preference aside

Technically speaking for a new haswell CPU, overlocked to hell.... whats the best?

also.. i want to see benchmarks for CPU bound games like MMO's.... Wow, SWTOR, RIFT

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

I think Samsung RAM ICs tend to be the best.

Yea they are low profile ram that is very overclockable and budget friendly. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

i see Corsair Vengeance as budget and Corsair Dominator Platinum to be the god teir

Character artist in the Games industry.

I use Corsair Vengeance RAM

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

Yea they are low profile ram that is very overclockable and budget friendly. :)

Not that one, just the RAM chips that Samsung makes. A lot of companies use it.

Corsair's Dominator Platinum series is very attractive and well-performing RAM. For value, I'd choose Samsung's 240-pin DIMMs.

I use an 8gb kit of Patriot Viper 3 Mamba Black 2133mhz 

v3_p.jpg

Got it for $52!

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I like G.skill, I have G.skill in every rig I have and I just love them, for there style , low latency, and wonderful overclocking ability's.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

To be honest, I'll use whatever the cheapest and looks best for the price between Corsair, Patriot, and Kingston.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

My first ram purchase was g-skill they had a lifetime warranty and I never had to use it. I have not had any issues with any ram from them. I am incredibly loyal to companies when I have good experiences with. G-skill hasn't let me down yet. I'll stick with them till they either don't offer what I need or they let me see down.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

I've used kingston since 2006. . . 2 kits of ddr2 and in my new rig im running 2400mhz Kingtston BEAST!!!

I choose AMD but I don't actually use AMD RAM. AMD RAM is made by Patriot Memory which is my favorite.

My favorite is G.Skill. Currently using Ripjaws and I f**kin love them :)

Y69SAt1.jpg

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |