Youtube ads during Short Circuit?

Video Beagle

I'm watching the new Short Circuit about the OnePlus phone, and when Brandon switched to do the baked in dbrand ad...the feed switched to a Youtube 2 pack of ads (with the press button to skip at 5 seconds)...

Didn't linus in his rant calling his viewers criminals proudly claim they don't have mid-youtube ads because of their baked ins, which he's talked about many times before.

LMG testing on how more they can get money by having ads run...and run during their own ads? Gotta say, that's actually innovative.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

Just now, jaslion said:

They do. It's by their design

OK that's what I was thinking because I've been seeing ads on my own videos recently and I don't even have enough subscribers to be monetized. It's definitely a coincidence the ad interrupted another ad.

I just played through the video a dozen or so times (scrubbing through it). Got a video ad halfway through about 1/3rd of the time, the rest of the time got pop up cards appearing over the top of the video. What's funny is the pop up cards cover the dbrand sponsor bar across the bottom of the screen.

image.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Haven't noticed that, that much, but of you pause a video for long enough (don't know how long) and start it again, you will get ads again.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

I finally caved and bought the YT membership using my daughter's student credentials. Family has no ads anymore - we all use the same Google account. Win!!

11 hours ago, jaslion said:

They do. It's by their design

and since it's monitized, linus double dips on ads, yet he calls his viewers pirates.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

On 2/6/2022 at 1:07 AM, TheGreatestGazoo said:

I finally caved and bought the YT membership using my daughter's student credentials. Family has no ads anymore - we all use the same Google account. Win!!

image.png.f428b6fbc56210db6ba24e11b8d46a10.png

this stupid thing is so nice for watching youtube on tv.   Didnt realize how annoying it was to constantly find the remote and click skip on a 2 hour long ad just to play the next video as I am cleaning the house.   

On 2/6/2022 at 5:26 AM, Video Beagle said:

and since it's monitized, linus double dips on ads, yet he calls his viewers pirates.

So trying to spread out revenue to not have all eggs in one basket is the evil thing?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

18 hours ago, Lurick said:

So trying to spread out revenue to not have all eggs in one basket is the evil thing?

What a curious irrelevant response, as the subject isn't spreading out revenue, but getting paid for ads played during your paid ad spots, with a bit of shame thrown at entertainer who calls his fans criminals.

3 hours ago, Video Beagle said:

What a curious irrelevant response, as the subject isn't spreading out revenue, but getting paid for ads played during your paid ad spots, with a bit of shame thrown at entertainer who calls his fans criminals.

Who said LTT got paid from every ad on youtube placed on their videos?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: