I want a game to relax my mind. Can yall suggest any?

Rujdaga

Hey guys, at the start of 2020 i was playing stardew valley, i was listening to music and i freaking enjoyed it cuz i knew nothing about the game, and i beat the game. I finished the forest and i totally enjoyed it again cuz i was not googling about the game, i played a lot of minecraft modpacks, i dont like valheim... Are there any games like stardew valley where i can relax playing, just to listen to music, and explore to find new things. I dont like repetitive games like battle royale etc. I love smth with a story, what is relaxing etc where i can explore things. Thanks yall.

16GB DDR4 Viper 4 Blackout 3200MHZ Ryzen 5 1500X AB350M-gaming3 GTX 1060 6gb Asus dual OC, 1TB hdd seagate 7200rpm, 120gb samsung m.2 ssd

5 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

If you care a lot about the music soundtrack and you haven't played it yet, Undertale and Deltarune.

Never played em. thank you i will check them out 馃檪

16GB DDR4 Viper 4 Blackout 3200MHZ Ryzen 5 1500X AB350M-gaming3 GTX 1060 6gb Asus dual OC, 1TB hdd seagate 7200rpm, 120gb samsung m.2 ssd

I've found myself vibing to music and playing Powerwash Sim more than I care to admit.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Well, I usually go to some of the old school game from 90's and 2000's.

I can recommend you Bejewelled 3 from EA (You can get this from Origin), Peggle (also from EA/Origin), Fairy Godmother Tycoon (Not sure if EA has it, but it is published by Pogo UK, a subsidiary of EA back then). These game really relax my mind, though Fairy Godmother Tycoon do need a little thinking as it is a business management game.

Since you play Stardew Valley, maybe you can try Story of Season? There's also a few simulation games like PC Building Simulator as well.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

I've been playing through Red Dead Redemption 2 and do really like it. If you want to have a game where you can just relax, do all the side missions. The game is beautiful, has an amazing story, and riding through the countryside on your horse is very relaxing personally.聽

Life Is Strange, and its prequel, Before the Storm. Two of my favorite games, period.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

14 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

Well, I usually go to some of the old school game from 90's and 2000's.

I can recommend you Bejewelled 3 from EA (You can get this from Origin), Peggle (also from EA/Origin), Fairy Godmother Tycoon (Not sure if EA has it, but it is published by Pogo UK, a subsidiary of EA back then). These game really relax my mind, though Fairy Godmother Tycoon do need a little thinking as it is a business management game.

Since you play Stardew Valley, maybe you can try Story of Season? There's also a few simulation games like PC Building Simulator as well.

14 hours ago, flibberdipper said:

I've found myself vibing to music and playing Powerwash Sim more than I care to admit.

14 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

I've been playing through Red Dead Redemption 2 and do really like it. If you want to have a game where you can just relax, do all the side missions. The game is beautiful, has an amazing story, and riding through the countryside on your horse is very relaxing personally.聽

13 hours ago, Caroline said:

Touhou 15

just kidding

No Man's Sky is pretty good for exploring or sandboxing, no story though. Red Dead Redemption 2 has plenty to explore as well, Fallout: New Vegas, stock Fallout 4 is a walk in the park if you're looking for something chill, I wasn't looking for that so I installed some mods to make it a nuclear hell worse than STALKER and Metro combined, it took me WEEKS to get to Vault 88 and establish a base that won't get wrecked by hordes of enemies, it's wonderful.

13 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Life Is Strange, and its prequel, Before the Storm. Two of my favorite games, period.

11 hours ago, Toolhead1987 said:

Diablo2 is very relaxing IMO...that Soundtrack is like soul food.

All of you, thank you very much!聽

Project zomboid, you can tweak some settings to make it more casual, while you reading books ingame you can enjoy your music.

Definitely ABZU, although it's really short.

Subnautica is really chill most of the time.

I really enjoyd my time with Vanishing of Ethan Carter but it's another short one (2-3h) and from what I've seen What Remains of Edith Finch seems to have a similar vibe.

I still haven't managed to start my playthrough of Outer Wilds but this ight interest you as well.

Or dive deep into indie titles, there's a shitload of gems in there and ones which caught my eye were e.g. Spiritfarer, Solar Ash, Road 96, Existensis, Dordogne, Sable or some of the well known ones like Gris, Undertale, Papers, please, Disco Elysium

I'm in the same boat as the OP due to Racing thoughts flaring up. I find certain games to really relaxing myself and ease my Mind out of them. I'm enjoying Homeworld: Remastered at the moment. 聽

On 1/31/2022 at 6:59 AM, aisle9 said:

What about LiS2?

1 hour ago, Wictorian said:

What about LiS2?

Haven't finished it yet. I wasn't enjoying it as much as LIS and BTS, but it was still fun. I probably have to restart from the beginning if I pick it back up.

On 1/30/2022 at 8:54 PM, Rujdaga said:

Hey guys, at the start of 2020 i was playing stardew valley, i was listening to music and i freaking enjoyed it cuz i knew nothing about the game, and i beat the game. I finished the forest and i totally enjoyed it again cuz i was not googling about the game, i played a lot of minecraft modpacks, i dont like valheim... Are there any games like stardew valley where i can relax playing, just to listen to music, and explore to find new things. I dont like repetitive games like battle royale etc. I love smth with a story, what is relaxing etc where i can explore things. Thanks yall.

You might enjoy eastward. It鈥檚 a top down rpg with a really good story

Cattails

It's pretty much Stardew Valley + Warrior cats

There's a second game coming out in a couple years

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

聽-Rakshit Jain

55 minutes ago, XcatXboy said:

minecraft because terraria is not very friendly for new players聽

I play minecraft for almost 11 years...

Sprite-based RPG's of old come to mind.聽 FF I-VI.聽 Chrono Trigger.聽 Super Mario RPG.聽 Earthbound.聽 Golden Sun/TLA.

Of course, the "Relax and explore" also works for stuff like Fallout....

p.s.

Why not Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing?

4 hours ago, IPD said:

Sprite-based RPG's of old come to mind.聽 FF I-VI.聽 Chrono Trigger.聽 Super Mario RPG.聽 Earthbound.聽 Golden Sun/TLA.

Of course, the "Relax and explore" also works for stuff like Fallout....

p.s.

Why not Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing?

Chrono trigger is soo good

5 hours ago, Burgerbob said:

Chrono trigger is soo good

It is the best RPG that has ever been made.

On 1/31/2022 at 5:59 AM, aisle9 said:

I'm not sure I'd recommend those games if you want something relaxing to play. Don't get me wrong, they're both great games and I love them but they do get pretty intense and deal with some heavy stuff.

11 hours ago, JR1911 said:

I'm not sure I'd recommend those games if you want something relaxing to play. Don't get me wrong, they're both great games and I love them but they do get pretty intense and deal with some heavy stuff.

There is also one game i really liked as a kid, total overdose

On 2/6/2022 at 4:57 AM, JR1911 said:

You mean like murder, suicide, bullying, rape, that kind of light material?

聽Yeah, might鈥檝e forgotten all that and just remembered how well paced and beautiful the game is, how great of a story it has, and how unusual and engaging the gameplay mechanics are.

16 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

You mean like murder, suicide, bullying, rape, that kind of light material?

Don't forget about drugs聽馃槈. But yeah, I'd definitely recommend everyone to check out LiS, just be prepared for quite an emotional journey.