Hey Linus, the Ape impressions that you constantly do to mock the supposed haters is pretty condescending. Consider stopping that

BaidDSB

No matter what anyone says, It's not funny. It's pretty aggressive and you constantly make it like anyone who disagrees with you or criticizes is an ape and that's pretty horrible.

Considering the shit you say like adblock=piracy, you of all people don't have the right to do any complaining about criticism, much less do a pretty derisive ape impersonation to show your "haters"

Maybe consider changing

Just stop watching his videos like I did almost 8 years ago. Especially LTT livestreams reek of egomania nowadays.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

How about no.

<removed by staff>

And to the other reply, I watched wan show this week for the piracy discussion. I normally dont

Edited by SansVarnic
Removed content.

28 minutes ago, BaidDSB said:

No matter what anyone says, It's not funny. It's pretty aggressive and you constantly make it like anyone who disagrees with you or criticizes is an ape and that's pretty horrible.

Considering the shit you say like adblock=piracy, you of all people don't have the right to do any complaining about criticism, much less do a pretty derisive ape impersonation to show your "haters"

Maybe consider changing

The people I personally pay the least attention to are the people offended by this or that.  And I'm not even someone who exists in the public spotlight for a living.  Those who do probably care even less than I do--as they get surrounded by haters on a daily basis. 

And just for a reminder:

19 minutes ago, Levent said:

Just stop watching his videos like I did almost 8 years ago. Especially LTT livestreams reek of egomania nowadays.

So why even be on or participate on this forum?  Or is this literally the last tech forum alive on the web?

3 minutes ago, IPD said:

So why even be on or participate on this forum?  Or is this literally the last tech forum alive on the web?

This is a community, not a shrine to worship Linus Sebastian. Just like LTT is a company founded by Linus Sebastian and is not JUST ran by Linus Sebastian. Also:

image.png.d492f7729cd9df7afbd0644cc1cbf919.png

26 minutes ago, Levent said:

Just stop watching his videos like I did almost 8 years ago.

Just because I absolutely hate Microsoft, that doesnt mean I hate Windows or vice versa. I also participate in few other tech forums, not just this one. So, keep that dumb argument to yourself next time.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

6 minutes ago, IPD said:

I personally like the forum for the community, I haven't watched LTT videos regularly for like 5 years, once in a while i'll watch something i'm interested, or the WAN show sometimes, but I don't like the ego Linus has and it seems like he has the entitled youtube celebrity multi-millionare mindset now thinking he can do whatever he wants and post stupid takes on twitter.

29 minutes ago, BaidDSB said:

Sure man, go suck off a rich guy who won't take 2 seconds to compare you to an ape if you criticize him.

lmao if you hate him so much here's a little tutorial for you. Go to the LTT channel. Click here to go there. Click the magic Unsubscribe button that I've circled below. (if you're subscribed)

image.png.5a0bf948dfdf7216758fcfd10f890004.png

Then if a video of theirs appears in your feed. Click the 3 white dots(or black if you're not using dark mode) next to the title and click the 5th option from the top which says "Don't recommend channel". And that's it, you're done, their videos won't appear in your feed again and you won't be offended any more. I've outlined this in the screenshot below to make it clear.

image.png.d06feb90fb3df16ad64afe576258b93b.png

If you don't like a channel or what they're doing simple stop watching their videos. It's far less effort.

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

I personally like the forum for the community, I haven't watched LTT videos regularly for like 5 years, once in a while i'll watch something i'm interested, or the WAN show, but I don't like the ego Linus has and it seems like he has the entitled youtube celebrity multi-millionare mindset now thinking he can do whatever he wants and post stupid takes on twitter.

I'm not disagreeing with that.  Plenty of reason to come to that conclusion:

Online websites and creators are supported by ads. I thought that was pretty common knowledge? Ad blocking is the exact same thing as piracy. Literally the exact same thing. Ppl will still do it and I've been guilty of it at times, but we just need to be aware of the impact- LS

I mean, if you don't like how the consumer market reacts to, deals with, or engages with your product/service--then change how you operate.  It's like complaining that you "can't find a good man" after you start selling n00ds on OnlyFans.  Find a better way to monetize your offering--or get out of the market.

Call adblocking piracy all you want. I can't stand that shit because it's a) irrelevant b) annyoing c) distracting d) always has fucking volume turned up to not just 11 but 24.

I don't mind watching ads integrated into the video where they shill LTT bottles, hoodies and mouse pads and mention sponsors and their products, but I can't stand god damn Youtube ads because they are just dumb and annoying and in 99% of time entirely irrelevant to any of my interests. If I'll need something, I'll look for it. I don't need stupid ad reminding me what I "might" need.

10 minutes ago, Levent said:

Just because I absolutely hate Microsoft, that doesnt mean I hate Windows or vice versa. I also participate in few other tech forums, not just this one. So, keep that dumb argument to yourself next time.

That makes even less sense.  At least with Windows, you know that there's pretty much only 2 alternatives--neither of which is friendly for gaming, one of which requires considerable expertise to operate effectively.

Are there only 3 tech forums left online?  So why is the one tied/connected-to the man you consider an antichrist, one that you still frequent?  If it really meant something, vacate the premises out of principle.

2 minutes ago, BaidDSB said:

Wow lmao what a shill.

And that other guy is the same. I'm not subscribed to LTT. I just like the forum because this one has the easiest navigation outside of reddit where I ask most of my tech questions.

Seriously, do you guys get paid to shill for a multi millionaire? What kind of kink is this? Being happy from getting mocked as an ape?

Your inability to differentiate between a simp and someone who can legitimately spot your own entitled BS....is a pretty clear indicator of why your original hypothesis/supposition can be safely ignored.

6 minutes ago, IPD said:

That makes even less sense.  At least with Windows, you know that there's pretty much only 2 alternatives--neither of which is friendly for gaming, one of which requires considerable expertise to operate effectively.

Are there only 3 tech forums left online?  So why is the one tied/connected-to the man you consider an antichrist, one that you still frequent?  If it really meant something, vacate the premises out of principle.

What is so hard to understand here?  I'll make it extra simple, I may hate Bill Gates and everything he does, I may also hate whoever the CEO of Microsoft is but that doesnt mean I hate their product. Microsoft is a company, Windows is a product, Bill Gates is a PERSON.

Learn to differentiate people from the company and the product.

The reason why I still frequent here is exactly this:

18 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I personally like the forum for the community

I made friends here and I still make friends here thus I stick around.

I'll throw in that I'm fine with the forum myself, the forum and his videos are two different things and that's just the fact of it. I keep those separated because they are indeed two different things, I'm not gonna hate the community itself just because he happens to own the forum.

If you don't like his videos or his attitude, then don't watch - Problem solved.

However the community here is different and although it's his forum the community itself isn't him - He's just a part of it like everyone else.

And if I happen to disagree with him or anyone else on something, I'll disagree and I'm not shy about it either.
To be fair, I'm not expecting everyone to agree with me on everything, that's just foolish for me to even expect so I don't.

I mean you can't please everyone all the time but if you can do that some of the time, that's about as good as it's gonna get.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

27 minutes ago, IPD said:

I'm not disagreeing with that.  Plenty of reason to come to that conclusion:

I mean, if you don't like how the consumer market reacts to, deals with, or engages with your product/service--then change how you operate.  It's like complaining that you "can't find a good man" after you start selling n00ds on OnlyFans.  Find a better way to monetize your offering--or get out of the market.

yeah exactly, I doubt any successful youtuber is surviving based on ad revenue, I think Linus is just upset and wants the extra money from ads, but he doesn't really have much room to complain while selling merch, having a ton of sponsors, he's also constantly pushing ads and merch in videos. And youtube has a more serious problem of not promoting smaller content creators, me turning off an ad blocker isn't going to help while youtube would rather promote channels with millions of subscribers.

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but Linus isn't the same as he used to be, I'm not sure if he was just being nice on camera, and now that he has one of the largest tech channels he can do whatever.

21 minutes ago, BaidDSB said:

Wow lmao what a shill.

And that other guy is the same. I'm not subscribed to LTT. I just like the forum because this one has the easiest navigation outside of reddit where I ask most of my tech questions.

Seriously, do you guys get paid to shill for a multi millionaire? What kind of kink is this? Being happy from getting mocked as an ape?

If you think people are simping for Linus you should see the other thread discussing the twitter post, imo it's quite a reach to ask people to turn off ad blockers, using an ad blocker is a security measure for most sites.

Edited by Blademaster91

16 minutes ago, IPD said:

Your inability to differentiate between a simp and someone who can legitimately spot your own entitled BS....is a pretty clear indicator of why your original hypothesis/supposition can be safely ignored.

If you think I'm entitled I think you need to get your head checked.

I don't watch much LTT anymore. I found the piracy thing on reddit, went to Twitter to check it. Saw the WAN show link there and two minutes in when I saw the vod, he's doing the monkey stuff and i remember Ed why I stopped.

If any of this still says I'm entitled when I don't even watch anymore and you think my criticism can be ignored, I have no idea what to tell you other than saying I feel bad for you for volunteering to shove yourself in LS's Ass that much in.

Like wow, amazing mental gymnastics, but papa still won't notice you. 

10 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

I'll throw in that I'm fine with the forum myself, the forum and his videos are two different things and that's just the fact of it. I keep those separated because they are indeed two different things, I'm not gonna hate the community itself just because he happens to own the forum.

If you don't like his videos or his attitude, then don't watch - Problem solved.

However the community here is different and although it's his forum the community itself isn't him - He's just a part of it like everyone else.

And if I happen to disagree with him or anyone else on something, I'll disagree and I'm not shy about it either.
To be fair, I'm not expecting everyone to agree with me on everything, that's just foolish for me to even expect so I don't.

I mean you can't please everyone all the time but if you can do that some of the time, that's about as good as it's gonna get.

I respect that.  I think civil disagreements are how people grow and develop. 

That said, I never joined reddit because I disagreed with the premise of creating 50,000 bots and faking it till you make it. 

I guess what I'm driving at is that if you like something, great.  If you don't like, there's the door.  But don't try and sanctify yourself and your opinions as being holier-than-thou; which seems to be the premise of this thread.

I do understand the inertia of being on a forum though.  Some places really change drastically from when you joined.  AutoForums destroyed a lot of good car forums when they started buying up everything and forcibly silencing all dissent.  And OP hasn't been here nearly long enough to have inertia keep him here. 

4 minutes ago, BaidDSB said:

If you think I'm entitled I think you need to get your head checked.

I don't watch much LTT anymore. I found the piracy thing on reddit, went to Twitter to check it. Saw the WAN show link there and two minutes in when I saw the vod, he's doing the monkey stuff and i remember Ed why I stopped.

If any of this still says I'm entitled when I don't even watch anymore and you think my criticism can be ignored, I have no idea what to tell you other than saying I feel bad for you for volunteering to shove yourself in LS's Ass that much in.

Like wow, amazing mental gymnastics, but papa still won't notice you. 

You created a thread on this topic, and continually defend why you believe your opinion to be the singular, correct one.  If you can't decipher why that makes you entitled, you are beyond redemption.

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

If you think people are simping for Linus you should see the other thread discussing the twitter post, imo it's quite a reach to ask people to turn off ad blockers, using an ad blocker is a security measure for most sites.

This is true - There are alot of "Bad Ads" out there with all kinds of crap embedded that creates a security risk, just how it is.

Not changing a thing about my setup because I already know Linus and LTT won't come to the rescue if something bad over it happens here and that would affect me and me alone, not LTT or even Linus himself.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

16 minutes ago, IPD said:

You created a thread on this topic, and continually defend why you believe your opinion to be the singular, correct one.  If you can't decipher why that makes you entitled, you are beyond redemption.

So criticism about a horrible thing = entitlement.

Wow ok lmaoo

19 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

This is true - There are alot of "Bad Ads" out there with all kinds of crap embedded that creates a security risk, just how it is.

Not changing a thing about my setup because I already know Linus and LTT won't come to the rescue if something bad over it happens here and that would affect me and me alone, not LTT or even Linus himself.

Story time:

Shortly after AutoForums bought up the forum I'd been a member of, there was an malicious-code ad that popped up on the website.  Like the kind that causes other sites to flag the forum as a malware site.  So our existing forum admin--being the stand-up guy he is--turned off ads.  He couldn't directly, individually control which ads or to restrict certain ones--so he did the only thing he had the power to do...and turned them all off.  Personally, I feel this was the right call, until AF personnel were able to squash the offending ad and restore the rest.

So what did AF do?  They castigated the admin for "costing them ad revenue"--even though it was their own glaringly non-existent oversight that allowed an ad with malicious code to pop up in the ad rotation in the first place.  Immediately there was fallout in the community.  Members were livid with AF for how the admin was treated.  Threads and posts went up explaining what had happened.  The admin eventually made a separate forum for the same automotive community--just to avoid the cancer that AF is (it's not just one community they've all but destroyed).  And AF, being the heavy-handed, draconian overlords that they are--immediately responded by blocking all references to the new forum.  But it didn't end there.

Next they started doling out time outs and eventually bans to members who kept preaching the gospel.  They installed new puppet-admins who were not persons of the highest character--as all of those people sided with the original admin.  The new admins were less than....personable.  Egomaniacs.  Devoid of logic.  Eventually it got so bad that AF was not only blocking any links to other sites (not just the new forum), and most references to other sites (without a link)--they removed the edit button.  THE EDIT BUTTON.  Why?  Because long-time members who had written how-to's and posted other valuable technical info....were resorting to removing it from the forum.  It was the only remaining way they had to voice their displeasure with how AF was running things.

Sad thing is, the AF forum still continues on--and few seem to know or care anymore.  I mostly blame the pre-split membership who "stayed on" because they felt like they could mind the rift in the community and heal.  All it did was give footing to the evil overlords.

Legit question: why would anyone change what they do to appeased their haters?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 minutes ago, ScarTheNotSoUndefeated said:

Not liking one thing someone does doesn't make you a hater though?

Normally, I'd agree.  But this is decade 3 of the new millennia.  All it takes is someone--even without malicious intent--to highlight something, and the next minute, you have 9000 Karens trying to get the subject of the query fired, expunged from public record, have their assets siezed, their family sold into slavery, and the individual burned at the stake.

7 minutes ago, ScarTheNotSoUndefeated said:

Not liking one thing someone does doesn't make you a hater though?

No.
Simply to dislike what someone else likes isn't the crux of it because it depends on how you respond to such dislike, that's what makes a hater a hater.

-= Topic Locked =-

-= Topic Cleaned =-

We allow discussion and criticism of LMG and Linus but when attacks start at the community that is not tolerated.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER