lttstore.com support? How long to wait for a response before knocking on the door?

Had an issue with a product received from lttstore.com. Emailed support a week ago, and have received no response. What's going? Do I need to drop by LMG and ask to speak to someone?

F@H

Current config:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI, 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6000 (30-40-40-96), Aorus RTX3080 TI Xtreme, 2x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, ASUS XG-C100C, Corsair RM850x, Corsair H115i Pro RGB w/ 2,000 rpm ML fans, Fractal Design Meshify S2, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD 24" 4K

14 minutes ago, ObeliskAG said:

Had an issue with a product received from lttstore.com. Emailed support a week ago, and have received no response. What's going? Do I need to drop by LMG and ask to speak to someone?

Huh, weird, it's almost like they're busy or something. Be patient and await their response. Things have been busy busy since the holidays.

image.thumb.png.8bcfbe9e68e5860fc4eb50db7b4d146c.png

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Knocking on the door will get you nowhere. They're not open for that kind of customer support. You'll likely just annoy them, and they'll politely ask you to leave.

They're busy. They've stated this in many places, as well as on the website. Wait your turn for your ticket to be addressed.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, kirashi said:

Huh, weird, it's almost like they're busy or something. Be patient and await their response. Things have been busy busy since the holidays.

image.thumb.png.8bcfbe9e68e5860fc4eb50db7b4d146c.png

The product can literally not stay in my living space much longer. Worried it may be a source of harmful mold or similar, but storing it outdoors isn't feasible. After spending CA$271.35, I'm going to be really pissed off to have to put this in the garbage 😠

It's getting sealed up in a plastic garbage bag for now.

F@H

Current config:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI, 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6000 (30-40-40-96), Aorus RTX3080 TI Xtreme, 2x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, ASUS XG-C100C, Corsair RM850x, Corsair H115i Pro RGB w/ 2,000 rpm ML fans, Fractal Design Meshify S2, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD 24" 4K

7 hours ago, ObeliskAG said:

The product can literally not stay in my living space much longer. Worried it may be a source of harmful mold or similar, but storing it outdoors isn't feasible. After spending CA$271.35, I'm going to be really pissed off to have to put this in the garbage 😠

What did you buy? 

On 1/29/2022 at 6:17 AM, ObeliskAG said:

Based on price, I'm guessing pillow? Breach in packaging and bad handling by shipping company can cause things. Since its acute thing, I'm gonna tag @nicklmg.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'd also guess Expensive Edition Pillow.

I just got mine and the smell is horrific as someone with sensory issues tied to autism it's making me rather nauseous and it also seems really flat compared to the LTTStore pictures.

Linus mentioned on WAN that it has a strong smell due to the wool AFAIK.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Indeed, the issue is with the EE Pillow.

I am reasonably familiar with what Alpacas smell like, both in the flesh and the processed wool. The smell under discussion does not originate with the wool! Usually the processed wool doesn't smell like much of anything.

The source of the odor seems likely related to the storage of the product at the warehouse or is an issue with the cardboard packaging. Either way, airing out the pillow didn't seem to be helping and was stinking up the house. Due to circumstances, this is not a situation we could live with.

In one of the reviews for the pillow, the person states "It definitely arrived with a strong odor, but it was not too hard to remove. This is common with alpaca products", then links to an Alpaca product care page (https://www.yanantin-alpaca.com/how-do-you-remove-smells-from-alpaca-woolen-items/ ) that states "alpaca woolen garments are generally odor-free". Where does this person get the idea that a strong odor is normal? If the very bad odor coming from the EE pillow was normal, the product page should include a notice/warning about this and provide care instructions about how to minimize/eliminate the smell.

I took my pillow to LMG to ensure they could experience the issue first hand (because, again, not alpaca wool smell) and to request a pillow without the terrible odor. Very promptly I received a refund (in US dollars, losing some bucks due to the change in exchange rate), but no acknowledgement of the issue or explanation. I appreciate the prompt refund but really wanted a pillow. If I reordered an EE pillow, would I get one nicely vacuum packed, like my original CPU couch pillows, or the same stinking and scuffed up EE pillow in cardboard? Who can say? Well, lttstore.com could say, but it doesn't.

While it appears Linus is quality minded, this experience has been a disappointment.

The pillow, new, in the original packaging, with scuffs and scratches:

EE-Pillow-Scratches.thumb.jpg.153bcba0e466df63ec1d8ec8256f3305.jpg

F@H

Current config:

Spoiler

On 1/28/2022 at 7:11 PM, dizmo said:

Knocking on the door will get you nowhere. They're not open for that kind of customer support. You'll likely just annoy them, and they'll politely ask you to leave.

They're busy. They've stated this in many places, as well as on the website. Wait your turn for your ticket to be addressed.

Due to where I live, while out and about it is literally easier to knock on LMG's door, than to send them an email. If you want to talk about being annoyed, spend over $250 on a pillow to then have it stink up your house!

I was also not aware that LMG has the world exclusive on being busy! Certainly the rest of the world has nothing better to do, than sit around in a gas mask, waiting for LMG to find the time to deal with the situation. As their legal council, are you suggesting "We're busy" would be a good defense if they were sued for selling a product under false pretenses? /sarcasm

I had no intention of demanding on the spot satisfaction, rather to leave them with the item (stinking up their space, not mine) while they could then review the situation at their leisure. (In practical terms, there are extenuating circumstances that encouraged a prompt response.) I was very polite and tried to be as helpful as possible.

F@H

Current config:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, ObeliskAG said:

While it appears Linus is quality minded, this experience has been a disappointment.

All we can do is speculate. Refunding right now is much better to all than opening packages one-by-one to get you something you accept. Mind sound like I defend LMG with that statement, but its not really defense, but how I would operate. If there's risk or reason to suspect problem with product, first thing is to recall/refund all possibly faulty items. Then asses them as well as remaining stock to see if the issue is affecting all or just some. After that, start offering new items, maybe with some price reduction added.

The timeline here is week+ from your email to day or two of you going in person (which I might have done myself too if thing was that critical, so not faulting you). I'm just saying that you seem to be for making things right, and surely them giving you guessed reason on quality issue at the time of return (no company does that) or give another item from possibly bad batch is expecting them to throw away all points of QA.

You, and we, can hope that you get email response. Whether they give reason for issue is unknown, and frankly unlikely. But they might offer new item. 

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, ObeliskAG said:

Where does this person get the idea that a strong odor is normal?

I am fairly sure Linus said that at some point during the WAN show. Not sure where he got that idea from though. My guess is that the person who wrote that comment was just parroting what he heard Linus said and didn't even read his own link.

IF it isn't suppose to smell then there are a few explanations:

1) The supplier made it up to sell bad wool to Linus.

2) Linus made it up because someone put him on the spot and he doesn't want to recall the product.

3) There is conflicting information out there and some say alpaca wool smells and some don't.

4) Alpaca wool does smell, but the one you got was defective and smelled much more than the other pillows does, and the other ones don't smell as much.

10 hours ago, ObeliskAG said:

I was very polite and tried to be as helpful as possible.

You have to remember that this forum is like 80% LTT fanboys who will defend them pretty much regardless of what they do.

Any criticism of LTT, no matter how valid, will be met with at least some hostility from this forum.