What are the top 5 audiophile headphone brands (can come with or without a mic)?

minimalist

Just as the title says.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

maybe one of the sennheiser HD800 or is it 900 now? but then you have other brands aswell that i cant say much about, not worth the money tho...

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

there will be no such thing as a concise post or accepted standard, the whole thing is arbitrary and up to taste.

my top 5 could be your bottom 5.

:( I meant brand.  I don't know how I left that out.

o..

well that does change it a fair bit

Error: 410

Maybe add the Hifiman HE-6 and Audeze LCD-6 as well. Maybe Grado GS1000i

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

USD Prices:

Sennheiser Orpheus ($30,000+)

Sennheiser HD 800 ($1,500)

Beyerdynamic T1 ($1,000)

Audeze LCD-3 ($2,000)

Stax SR-009 ($5,000)

These are considered some of the absolute best, but we can also give you the best within a price range.

Spoiler

there will be no such thing as a concise post or accepted standard, the whole thing is arbitrary and up to taste.

my top 5 could be your bottom 5. 

:( I meant brand.  I don't know how I left that out.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

USD Prices:

These should better be magical because 30000$ HOLY SHIT. That almost all the money on my bank account... 

T1's

T90's.

For the rest i'm not sure. 

maybe one of the sennheiser HD800 or is it 900 now? but then you have other brands aswell that i cant say much about, not worth the money tho...

The best are Sennheiser HD 800 and Beyerdynamic T1

Maybe add the Hifiman HE-6 and Audeze LCD-6 as well. Maybe Grado GS1000i

USD Prices:

Sennheiser HD 800 ($1,500)

Beyerdynamic T1 ($1,000)

Audeze LCD-3 ($2,000)

Stax SR-009 ($5,000)

These are considered some of the absolute best, but we can also give you the best within a price range.

Sorry guys.  MAJOR fail on my part.  I mean brands.  

Sorry guys.  MAJOR fail on my part.  I mean brands.  

Probably Beyerdynamics, Senheiser, Hifiman and two other big guys i forgot about. 

These should better be magical because 30000$ HOLY SHIT. That almost all the money on my bank account... 

please good sir, "shakes his paper cup" have mercy on this poor beggar.

1. the ones that sound the best to me.

2. the ones that fit the best.

3. the ones that suit my environment

4. the ones that cost the least.

5. the ones that are easiest to buy.

That is my list of the best headphone brands in whole wide world.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Probably Beyerdynamics, Senheiser, Hifiman and two other big guys i forgot about. 

Sennheiser has always been my go to.  I like Klipsch as well.  But I want to look into other brands.  I'll have to check out the other two you mentioned.

1. the ones that sound the best to me.

2. the ones that fit the best.

3. the ones that suit my environment

4. the ones that cost the least.

5. the ones that are easiest to buy.

That is my list of the best headphone brands in whole wide world.

So this was pretty much a thread you had no business posting in.  Got it.

please good sir, "shakes his paper cup" have mercy on this poor beggar.

I don't get the shakes his paper cup part... Explain yourself. :P 

I don't get the shakes his paper cup part... Explain yourself. :P

(you put coins you have left over from your great shopping in it to help us poor people)

So this was pretty much a thread you had no business posting in.  Got it.

Not really, I was trying to find a light hearted way to say that there is really no such thing as the "best" brands for this, because the sound signature is`as subjective and different as head size, every one will have a different ideal headphone style and opinion.  Sorry I failed.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, AKG, Grado and Audio-Technica are all legendary.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Not really, I was trying to find a light hearted way to say that there is really no such thing as the "best" brands for this, because the sound signature is`as subjective and different as head size, every one will have a different ideal headphone style and opinion.  Sorry I failed.

Hmm, I mean, if I said top 2, I suspect that would be much more contentious.  Top 5 is a pretty decent variety.  That's not such a narrow grouping.  It's like monitors, most would say Samsung, BenQ, Asus, Dell, and I suspect the next one would be wide ranging.  There's usually a consensus on a few...like Sennheiser I suspect a lot of people would name.

(you put coins you have left over from your great shopping in it to help us poor people)

LOL. Now i get :P. Moron me. I saved up that amount over 3 years. ^_^  I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination. 

Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, AKG, Grado and Audio-Technica are all legendary.

Man, I completely forgot about Grado.

Best is kind of hard because every brand has good headphones and bad headphones. The ones I trust the most are Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, Perhaps Fostex just because the V3s are my favorite, Pioneer for the SE-A1000 and their speakers and maybe Hifiman but their build quality is not as good as the others.  

LOL. Now i get :P. Moron me. I saved up that amount over 3 years. ^_^  I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination. 

100x more than i got :P tho i have had issues with unemployment or going to school... :( 

Edit(actually read it wrong, i added a 0)

Hmm, I mean, if I said top 2, I suspect that would be much more contentious.  Top 5 is a pretty decent variety.  That's not such a narrow grouping.  It's like monitors, most would say Samsung, BenQ, Asus, Dell, and I suspect the next one would be wide ranging.  There's usually a consensus on a few...like Sennheiser I suspect a lot of people would name.

yes, for durability most people will agree that sennheiser are amongst the best,  I probably also wager AKG and Sony are there too.  It's the other more subjective aspects that I can't rate. Which is why even though i love my audio I am very reluctant to recommend headphones outside of very general terms (i.e open/closed, flat, cheap/expensive).

Hmm... I would say:

Sennheiser

Beyerdynamic

AKG

Stax

Audeze

But that's just me.

Two revolutionary dance tones