Technology Guide is shutting down

IPD

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/all-technologyguide-forums-will-close-jan-31-2022.837524/

Sad.  One more in a long line of forums that I've used over the years, all of which are now defunct/dying.  Users are going to Reddit and Facebook--neither of which is suitable or well positioned for sharing a wealth of knowledge within any given community.  Forums traditionally have been a place where how-to's/write-ups can be archived.  Topics can be co-located.  Threads don't get "lost" because the "feed" keeps pushing drivel up to the top.

LTT isn't the most technically savvy of forums I have relied on--yet I hope it stays around and can potentially absorb some of that knowledge that would otherwise be lost. 

Very sad, I've been a member on Notebookreview almost as long as I've been a member here. LTT forums are great, but if you want to fix an old laptop there is no replacement for them. So far it seems like they wont hand over the database and they didn't leave us with enough time to backup the forums manually... Hopefully someone is able to get something thrown together atleast just to archive what is there now.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Noooooooo, what the actual hell!?

10 days to archive what I can I suppose. Still absolute 💩 this great resource is going offline. I'd totally throw some money at LTT Store for LMG to buy up the site.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

57 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Noooooooo, what the actual hell!?

10 days to archive what I can I suppose. Still absolute 💩 this great resource is going offline. I'd totally throw some money at LTT Store for LMG to buy up the site.

The thing that sucks the most is reading through the admins posts, it seems like they don't want to sell it either in any capacity. Lots of people on that forum talking about trying to get money together for it, but owners aren't even really responding... Seems like they just want to see it burn.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂