Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
25 minutes ago, NCIX Lampy said:

Anyone know what anime this is from? Or if it's even from an anime or a game or something? image search for Google didn't turn up results.

Black Rock Shooter

I have not watched it so I have no idea if it's good or not.

There are games and manga about it too, but I am not really familiar with any of it.

So I'm watching Black Rock Shooter and so far it's not something I can recommend. 

edit- Ended up dropping it at episode 5 then picked it back up and finished it. It's just not my taste. I really did give it a chance though. The intro has a nice catchy tune. I wish I hadn't seen it and just moved/carried on. There were bits and pieces I could relate and understand, but it was not enough for worth watching for me. I was expecting something else based upon the image that I saw which got me interested in it int he first place. I just do not recommend watching it. I pretty much ended up hating it. 

Ghost Stories dub

omfg I'm so glad I decided to watch it and stick with it

so funny 

7 hours ago, NCIX Lampy said:

Ghost Stories dub

omfg I'm so glad I decided to watch it and stick with it

so funny 

is the dub any good?

[NEW System] (CPU) i7-4790k (mobo) ASUS maximins V (GPU) AMD R9 380x (CPU cooling) Corsair h100 (PSU) EVGA 800w (Monitor's) LG 32" ultrawide @ 75hz and a Asus 27" IPS logitech g602 mouse

[OLD System] (CPU) amd athlon x4 760k@ 4.4ghz/ (mobo) MSI FM2-A55M-E33/ (GPU) Gigabyte windforce 7870 / (CPU cooling) Corsair h100/ (PSU) Corsair CX 430w/ (monitor) dell 1980x1080@60hz 21"/ a logitech keyboard and mouse. Phone: Samsung S5  Galaxy s10e .

OLD Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 with i5 520m and Nvidia NVS 310

Laptop's: Dell precision m2800 i7 4610m with amd firepro w4170m

other laptop Asus.

5 hours ago, Elite14 said:

is the dub any good?

yes yes yes yes yes yes omg yessss yes yes

This is the first and only one I've seen where they do a parody of dub over, it's hilarious 

1 hour ago, NCIX Lampy said:

yes yes yes yes yes yes omg yessss yes yes

This is the first and only one I've seen where they do a parody of dub over, it's hilarious 

cool I guess that's another one to add to watch list

Edit: Yeah I see what they did with the dub but after 2 episodes... eh I don't care for the sense of humor 

[NEW System] (CPU) i7-4790k (mobo) ASUS maximins V (GPU) AMD R9 380x (CPU cooling) Corsair h100 (PSU) EVGA 800w (Monitor's) LG 32" ultrawide @ 75hz and a Asus 27" IPS logitech g602 mouse

[OLD System] (CPU) amd athlon x4 760k@ 4.4ghz/ (mobo) MSI FM2-A55M-E33/ (GPU) Gigabyte windforce 7870 / (CPU cooling) Corsair h100/ (PSU) Corsair CX 430w/ (monitor) dell 1980x1080@60hz 21"/ a logitech keyboard and mouse. Phone: Samsung S5  Galaxy s10e .

other laptop Asus.

5 hours ago, Elite14 said:

cool I guess that's another one to add to watch list

Edit: Yeah I see what they did with the dub but after 2 episodes... eh I don't care for the sense of humor 

Understandable. There were episodes where it wasn't very good, but the later ones that I hadn't seen got me. 

I devote my time mostly to watching anime series, but when I`m at work I can only read stuff. хD

So I started reading since last spring. I`m open for recommendations. :P

/this is my current list

6FDmjac.png

/

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

On 7/8/2017 at 6:43 PM, Elite14 said:

is the anime club still active? or do you guys just talk about random stuff 

On 7/8/2017 at 8:04 PM, TetraSky said:

Can't we talk about random stuff and about anime?

As for whether or not the club is still active... AFAIK we're still waiting for the "reboot". Unless it already happened when I wasn't looking.

On 7/8/2017 at 11:56 PM, Technicolors said:

Basically we just talk about random stuff now. I've been procrastinating on reboot.... being lazy and shit.

x.x

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

1 hour ago, MyInnerFred said:

-snip-

lol I know the feeling. side note I just started watching spice and wolf and it's SOOOOO GOOD!!!!! I wish I would have know about it sooner I'm on episode 13 

other laptop Asus.

On 7/8/2017 at 6:04 PM, TetraSky said:

AFAIK we're still waiting for the "reboot". Unless it already happened when I wasn't looking.

What's the "reboot"?

3 hours ago, Elite14 said:

lol I know the feeling. side note I just started watching spice and wolf and it's SOOOOO GOOD!!!!! I wish I would have know about it sooner I'm on episode 13 

Let me know when you get to Spice and Wolf II's intro 

opinion this momohime or saber (already got like fuck tones of saber but this )want to add another statue to my collection

momohime-orionaoshi-18th-scale-figure-oboro-muramasa.jpg.919033b763e9cb2ef7d870d2e2d19b48.jpg

saber-lily-distant-avalon-re-run-17th-scale-figure-.jpg.ce027c67a2a3e106355fd73d9f46209a.jpg

lives on

BAKABT

3 minutes ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

momohime or saber

I don't see the point of adding another Saber if you have enough of them already.

Sorry for bad Ingrish

On 7/12/2017 at 1:06 AM, Elite14 said:

Glad you like the series. It's definitely not your run of the mill typical romance anime. 

Has a nice approach to it. 

On 7/12/2017 at 1:22 AM, NCIX Lampy said:

What's the "reboot"?

This anime club thread use to have weekly threads where everyone would vote on what series we wanted to watch together and we'd also occasionally throw giveaways. Like the ones in my signature below.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

On 7/11/2017 at 3:07 PM, Belgarionbg said:

I devote my time mostly to watching anime series, but when I`m at work I can only read stuff. хD

/this is my current list

6FDmjac.png

/

I don't read that much because i'm so lazy after work.

I can recommend ReLIFe if you did not watch the anime, anyway the manga goes further. Sweet NEET romance.

Tamen de gushi. Sweet yuri.

Food wars i guess.

Attack on titan to be up to date.

NSFW.. drug candy? You'll feel like the mc is trash though. Sports girl is alright and short. I don't know how much you are safe at work tho.

Akame ga kill, shounen stuff.

Knight of Sidonia, futuristic  mecha stuff/harem?

Dfrag is random lolz. Loli Seiba is cute though.

Finished up Dimension W. Unfortunately I do not recommend watching it. One major flaw in particular that made it worth dropping. It was towards the end as well. Quite a shame because there was a decent amount of material that made me question future technology as well. Other parts I just couldn't/can't really put into words, it really went out in a bunch of directions. 

On 7/11/2017 at 3:07 PM, Belgarionbg said:

/this is my current list

/

How about "Only Sense Online".

It's like SAO in the way it's a story revolving around a VR game, except much better concept that actually make me wish a game like that existed.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Hey I'm getting like a week off what good series have I missed in the last two years? want to catch up

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Watching To LOVE-RU 

Yeah... you really do have to turn your brain off... a bit more than you'd think. 

edit- ended up dropping it

On 7/15/2017 at 4:32 AM, NCIX Lampy said:

Watching To LOVE-RU 

Yeah... you really do have to turn your brain off... a bit more than you'd think. 

edit- ended up dropping it

It was the first one of those kinds of shows that I watched, the jokes were funny for the first couple of episodes but they got old quick for me.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I think I'm losing certain frequencies in my right headphone. I tried upping the volume for the right but it still feels off balance. Anyone got $100-range recommendations so I can start saving?

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

44 minutes ago, ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen said:

I think I'm losing certain frequencies in my right headphone. I tried upping the volume for the right but it still feels off balance. Anyone got $100-range recommendations so I can start saving?

How about a cheap pair of superlux headphones? They tend to be quite similar to higher priced headphones that they "imitate", as such, replacement parts are quite easy to find since the headphones they are based on tend to also be popular.

Like the superlux HD-681 (or HD-681EVO for the "semi-open" type if you prefer that to open back), which I believe is based around the AKG K240.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/superlux_headphones.html

(you can also get them elsewhere, bought mine on ebay for example)

I personally have the HD-660, with earpads from the DT770 for extra comfort.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

28 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

How about a cheap pair of superlux headphones? They tend to be quite similar to higher priced headphones that they "imitate", as such, replacement parts are quite easy to find since the headphones they are based on tend to also be popular.

Like the superlux HD-681 (or HD-681EVO for the "semi-open" type if you prefer that to open back), which I believe is based around the AKG K240.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/superlux_headphones.html

(you can also get them elsewhere, bought mine on ebay for example)

I personally have the HD-660, with earpads from the DT770 for extra comfort.

I'm using Hyper X Cloud right now which are closed(?). I don't know how different open would be. 

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

18 minutes ago, ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen said:

I'm using Hyper X Cloud right now which are closed(?). I don't know how different open would be. 

The biggest difference is that if there are others in the room, they will be able to hear whatever it is you're listening to.
Other than that, there's things like "clearer natural sound" and other such things that audiophiles like to throw around.