Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Well, they said they were in NZ, and the guy was ignoring that and doing US and CAD  builds when there is an option to do NZ builds.  The person just outright ignored that then told them to ship to the other side of the world like that's going to be cheap when said build are already going to be nearing the person's budget limit.  

Ah. If that's the case, then I understand it being ignorance on the advisers' part.

Most of the people on this forum (or was this case on some other community?) are from US and Canada, which might make the less intelligent and/or ignorant users just assume the subject who needs advice is from North America, and don't bother looking at where the subject really is from. Additionally, they take to budget roof as "Spend X sum of money to get the most out of it" like how the more rich populus sees it (and ignore shipping, importing, taxes and other costs), and not as "Can't spend any more than this, and wouldn't prefer to spend it all" like poorer people do.

And seeing how this community has quickly grown in numbers, this also means more idiots are present... Old veterans leave, and new hordes of half-brained sheep rush in, I can see why the quality of this community has degraded significantly.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

12640349_1063132820376492_61868798303539

cat has to die now.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Ah. If that's the case, then I understand it being ignorance on the advisers' part.

Most of the people on this forum (or was this case on some other community?) are from US and Canada, which might make the less intelligent and/or ignorant users just assume the subject who needs advice is from North America, and don't bother looking at where the subject really is from. Additionally, they take to budget roof as "Spend X sum of money to get the most out of it" like how the more rich populus sees it (and ignore shipping, importing, taxes and other costs), and not as "Can't spend any more than this, and wouldn't prefer to spend it all" like poorer people do.

And seeing how this community has quickly grown in numbers, this also means more idiots are present... Old veterans leave, and new hordes of half-brained sheep rush in, I can see why the quality of this community has degraded significantly.

i know what you mean.

i brought an international issue up in this post. Im not saying people are obliged to answer me. But it was partially a rant on that kind of thinking and hopefully a debate on the issue that was annoying me at the time from people also in the know. I'm not going to sit around blaming.

Also in a bit more seriousness the concept of an inflexible budget is not understood by a surprising amount of people here. That PCMR for you. I wish i had a better answer.

also to be honest, i think prebuilt pcs are perfectly suited to a lot of users here who just want to buy the darn thing and have a overall warranty. I do like that thats for sure. Would i like a build a pc of meaningful specs one day. Maybe, then again if i didn't i wouldn't get hung up on it either. I know this much if i ever feel like building a hardline water cooling pc(and actually have the money)...i aint building it myself thank you...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Well, wierd things happen in this thread while you sleep :S

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

http://i.imgur.com/lkZxpw3.webm

How Microsoft Lost the API War

That Article is 12 years old. People are commenting on the post on voat.co about how he's like a soothsayer in how relevant it is to today's landscape. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Zzzzzz. Just over 4 hours later and im tired af now. Still blame you guys xD

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

http://i.imgur.com/lkZxpw3.webm

How Microsoft Lost the API War

That Article is 12 years old. People are commenting on the post on voat.co about how he's like a soothsayer in how relevant it is to today's landscape. 

Two things i would point out...linux api's are notoriously unstable.(and backward compatibility for precompiled code isn't a thing).

B. Backward compatibility is a nightmare of future expansion if you labor to go back far enough.(OSX refuses to go back that far and does just fine as do mobile oses)

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Two things i would point out...linux api's are notoriously unstable.(and backward compatibility for precompiled code isn't a thing).

B. Backward compatibility is a nightmare of future expansion if you labor to go back far enough.(OSX refuses to go back that far and does just fine as do mobile oses)

More importantly, we live in an era where computers are fast enough to run emulators of older OSes, let alone APIs. Backward compatibility is now something that's easier than ever without sacrificing progress, even if it's not as convenient in some cases. Keeping devices up to date has become far more important, especially in an era where mobile devices are so locked down that users have to jump through big hoops just to continue using their expensive and still-working devices without security vulnerabilities and the like.

shameless advice whoring activate: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/534399-build-for-an-older-woman-who-needs-to-be-taught-how-to-use-a-pc/

Oo7XQE.png

Oxygen 2.1.4 released for One Plus One @helping

I currently have Oxygen 1.0.0. My phone regularly has issues with my call volume in that other people say I'm cutting out or very quiet. It wasn't like this with CyanogenMod and my phone hasn't sustained any damage that would cause this, so I blame Oxygen 1.0.0.

This, however, means I have to re-flash my phone with Oxygen 2.1.4 since, for some reason, it doesn't just get an update rolled out to it. 

This is irritating to me because I don't feel comfortable doing these things. I mean, I can just open up TWRP -> Backup phone -> Flash Firmware, but bad things happen to me all the time in these situations. I'd really rather not.

knees weak

palms get sweaty

pockets full of mom's spaghetti

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

shameless advice whoring activate: snip

Went to reply and was like damn this is long for the 2 lines i read, then i realized i needed to refresh the page lol. Also i guess my evil chant worked yesterday since youve got electronic device problems mwwahhahaha lol

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Well, I already know what server boards to get. Was bored and opened the "talk with an expert" thing I just asked them, after looking to see that they had said boards in stock, if they had them in stock. They had them in stock. They guy asked me for the socket and then said that they don't. The chat's are usually recorded. Watch him get fired.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here.jpg

Blarg

Went to reply and was like damn this is long for the 2 lines i read, then i realized i needed to refresh the page lol. Also i guess my evil chant worked yesterday since youve got electronic device problems mwwahhahaha lol

I have an opportunity for them. 

Nothing bad has happened yet. Phone is still totally usable. I just re-dial and it fixes it most of the time.

† Christian Member †

I think its funny how you did a post and people are saying things likehow much you messed up on your hardware when sometimes people cant afford the most expensive things out right.

I have an opportunity for them. 

Nothing bad has happened yet. Phone is still totally usable. I just re-dial and it fixes it most of the time.

Awww. Killjoy lol jk

I think its funny how you did a post and people are saying things likehow much you messed up on your hardware when sometimes people cant afford the most expensive things out right.

Awww. Killjoy lol jk

What? What post?

Blarg

What? What post?

The 1 in your signature. Never saw it before so i clicked it lol

Way outdated but funny none the less

What? What post?

Oh. Yeah. I was ready to ditch the forum after that thread. This thread and the car thread were the only reasons I bothered staying.

I don't like justifying or being asked to justify my personal rig choices to these.... cretins.

I'll be honest. I don't like venturing outside this thread. I just do it because I know there are people who need help.

Fun Fact: Cretin is essentially identical to Retard. Both were medical terms for mentally handicapped people. Both became slurs for stupid people. 

... I almost feel bad saying that. ... Almost.

... What is wrong with me? I am so jaded all of a sudden. ._.

My dream team of lawyers if I were framed for a murder:

• Bob Ross (The Joy of Painting)
  • Superman (As Superman, not Clark Kent)
  • Mr. T (A-Team)
  • Gorilla Grodd (DC Comics)

† Christian Member †

Ill be honestas well. Once i hit my 500 post mark so i can edit my member tag ill probably stay in this thread

Oh. Yeah. I was ready to ditch the forum after that thread. This thread and the car thread were the only reasons I bothered staying.

yep this forum overall is not a friendly place and a lot of it comes down to ignorance and brand loyalty but people aren't even willing to admit that when they make comments. I go to very few threads on this forum these days because of that.

yep this forum overall is not a friendly place and a lot of it comes down to ignorance and brand loyalty but people aren't even willing to admit that when they make comments. I go to very few threads on this forum these days because of that.

Agreed. I would honestly prefer if we(HSC) could move over to some other forum, but I think we would lose a lot of members along the way, so it's probably better not to do it.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I feel compelled to show I am different from them!

uh... uhhhh...                     Nvidia is a good choice in the right situation!

... uh .... uhhh                    FreeNAS doesn't neeed ECC RAM!

... uh .... uhhh....                Small Form Factor is a good choice in many situations!

uh.... uhhhhh....                 Dual Core is acceptable for every day tasks!

... uhhh ...uhhhhhhhhh .... 4GB of RAM, and even 2GB is fine in some cases!

... uh... uhhh....                  Even though ASRock is generally iffy, they have some good stuff (M-ITX server motherboard interestingly)!

... uh. .... uhhh.... 

† Christian Member †

Thats mainly because people dont know what the hell they are talking about and instead relying on someone elses answer. Ive had more problems solved in this thread alone than all of ltt lol

There's quite a few people who stick to just off-topic now. A fair few of them are users who have been on the forum for a long time. 

I think that's telling in and of itself.

Thats mainly because people dont know what the hell they are talking about and instead relying on someone elses answer. Ive had more problems solved in this thread alone than all of ltt lol

I am guilty of this. 

I take someone else's answer and expound upon it usually. 

† Christian Member †