Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Top 15? Guess that must mean it's in spot 11 or under, right? :)

that ending made it drop at least 4 positions ;)

tho i haven't made that list yet, it might be a little higher.

Also, my taste is shit.

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

On a cheap/crappiness meter, how cheap/crappy is that USB drive? Crappier ones don't have the kind of stability/consistency at data protection that is required for an OS. 

I recommend trying Amahi if there's nothing too important already on it. See if that gives you fits. If not, it's FreeNAS being annoying. If so, it's the USB drive.

SiliconPower 32GB USB 3 drive, so not that crappy.

I'll try that.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

The only flash drives anyone should be buying unless they need something smaller is the SanDisk Extreme ones that I recommended you.

I agree.

@Daegun if you want to get one for OS: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KT7DXIU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Getting 100MB/s+ out of it. Pretty freaking great imo.

SiliconPower 32GB USB 3 drive, so not that crappy.

I'll try that.
Ah, k.

Cool. Let me know.

Obviously replace the X with your drive letter thingie. I used sda which is my OS drive for the following result (my USB 3.0 drive). It returns with a thing like this:

8388608000 bytes (8.4 GB) copied, 42.5372 s, 197 MB/s

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

well, put in your closing statement since I don't have much time for this either.

What your trying to say does not make sense to me. 

I'm not going to argue this beyond this post because it's not important and I don't agree with the angle you take with it. TL;WR of how I view it.

• Technical definitions don't have absolute significance imo because words mean nothing if they don't convey their point to the person directly. Meaning that if I use the word correctly, it doesn't mean anything if the one I'm talking to takes it with their definition as opposed to mine. 
  • My understanding is and has always been that the difference between a lolicon and a pedophile is that the lolicon only cares about the appearance and not the actual idea of it being a child. That as long as it looks like a child, it does not matter if it's actually a child. Whereas, a pedophile requires that because a pedophile is only a pedophile if they are actually attracted to a child. Doesn't matter what the child looks like. Just that it is actually a child. 
  • And just so ya know, the words I listed were just examples of words that obviously people would prefer didn't mean what they mean. Words that have technical definitions that should mean they are acceptable to say. Yet they are not because people don't care what the technical definition is as long as there's another definition they give the word which has more significance to them.

Normally I try to match and respond to every point someone makes in a large post directed at me (common courtesy for all that writing), but this isn't a topic I feel I want to do that on. Sorry.

seems we're at an impasse, overall arguing language is never a good time (though actual discussion is a nice change of pace), complete mess of a conversation at this point.

I assume you were originally disagreeing with me because you agree with maniac's opinion.

The difference between the loli he [you by extension] suggest and the one I am is that his [yours] is conditional, i.e. only 25 year old that looks 12 is a loli, but a 12 year old that appears as a 12 year old is not a loli. The latter half is what I was getting at in my earlier posts and what the disagreement with Maniac was about. Note this isn't what you say here, but was the original topic. The loli is a subject of the lolicon.

I take that we're at the agreement that the loli takes the appearance of a young girl, but can also be a girl of appearance true to age-- implicit by the source of the actual term and contents of the book. This would sound like you initially agreed with me.

tl;dr The issue with a 25 year old drawn 12 is that we both know the actual intentions here, saying that it's not a 12 year old because a small introductory sentence says so doesn't make it any different in my mind.

I'm sure we're driving Google wild with all these buzzword hits.

You see friends, this is why laws and TOS/C are so fucking long.

Error: 410

I agree.

@Daegun if you want to get one for OS: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KT7DXIU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Ah, k.

Cool. Let me know.

Don't worry, I fixed the glitch.

Turns out it didn't like the Iso to USB program that much, used WinDiskImager and it boots to install fine now.

Edit:

@Vitalius

So it worked and installed, but I'm back to square one on it working. Got an intel nic because when I looked up what nics work well with freenas, all I saw was 'any intel nic' repeated over and over again. But it still won't get an ip address, can't be pinged, and is throwing the same errors as before.

repeats 'freenas nptd_initres[2107]: host name not found: X.freebsd.pool.ntp.org' (replace X with numbers 0-2) every few minutes.

Edit 2:

@Vitalius

So frustrated with myself I can't believe it. Every time I troubleshoot something I always forget to check one small, basic thing and it's a different thing every time.

This time it was an issue with my powerline adaptors. The one near my computer is fine, but the one next to my router is dead and I never noticed because my computer just switched to wifi.

So the problem has been found, gonna have to order a new one.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

-snip-

Shotacon is never forgotten.

#Gone,ButNeverForgotten

It will always live on in my heart.

8316984c1f1e36ed2f16661411973ad5.jpg

-snip-

wait reverse Loli actually has a proper name? Oh no not dudes. Like when the chick is underage bit looks far older. Or like when they put large breasts on a elementary schooler. (Ro-Kyu-Bu and no dont actually watch it. If you make it through teh first ep without felling bad about yourself something is wrong.)

I agree.

-snip-

100MB/s should be like the write on the low side. It runs a SSD controller an proper NAND so that kinda helps :P

One happy family!

-snip-

Our family is all one happy mess <3

giphy.gif

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Our family is all one happy mess <3

giphy.gif

Hmm, which one am i, which one are you, which one is @TheGingerKid , and which one is is @KRImSIN ?

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Nothing like Episode 13 of overlord ending on a slight cliff hanger......

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

No, it's controversy started with a French book back in the 1950s.

What? Your reply is really ambiguous.

I know.. I cited that

the word is a reference to the book.

The word itself doesn't mean anything to the West.

What? Your reply is really ambiguous.

I know.. I cited that

the word is a reference to the book.

The word itself doesn't mean anything to the West.

soooo we're back to talking about lolis again?

oh look I found a loli-pachirisu

Pachirisu.full.1886523.jpg

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

I get the vague impression that it's stuff like this whole discussion about lolis that probably scares people away from joining this club of ours, but carry on.

Nothing like Episode 13 of overlord ending on a slight cliff hanger......

Oh lawd, really? LAME. Now not only do I have to watch that crap, but I don't even get a half-assed ending?

that ending made it drop at least 4 positions ;)

tho i haven't made that list yet, it might be a little higher.

Also, my taste is shit.

Now now, no need for self-deprecation, as it's well-known that all of our tastes are shit. It'd be interesting to know why you like specific anime more than the precise rankings, since people tend to have a tough time expressing why they like romance stories without falling back to platitudes.

One happy family!

That's reminiscent of Durarara ED background images (or perhaps vaguely the final form of Kefka in Final Fantasy 6)

So I found a Project Diva clone for PC and its so fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnrHEyw5g0Q

I have played through all of these songs and love them.

For those interested in check out the game here is the site:
http://projectdxxx.me/

|King Of The Lost|

Oh lawd, really? LAME. Now not only do I have to watch that crap, but I don't even get a half-assed ending?

Its a very half assed cliff hangerish ending, makes me really really want them to push for a second season.

|King Of The Lost|

Hmmmm the Overlord Opening has been stuck in my head all day.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

It does actually, but it's a highly uncommon term here.  We use jailbait instead 99.9 percent of the time.  But, this argument has gotten nowhere.

People not at all influenced by Eastern culture use the word loli? I couldn't say I believe you.

Why does everyone shy away from actual discussion about virtually everything in this thread?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT @Jacona GLHF CIRCUITS IS THE MOST RAGE INDUCING CLASS

I am gonna re watch spice and wolf, and I just ordered the Paperback LN's.

tumblr_nbvh33J5Ck1thjidko1_500.gif

|King Of The Lost|

Git on dat CircuitLab.

https://www.circuitlab.com/

same rules different order different result

different but equivalent at the same time

no methodology or procedure, do it and pray and do it again when you get stuck near the end

my blood pressure rn omfg this class is a bigger pain in the ass than all of my others combined

FZIsvRt.png

Don't worry, I fixed the glitch.

Turns out it didn't like the Iso to USB program that much, used WinDiskImager and it boots to install fine now.

Edit:

@Vitalius

So it worked and installed, but I'm back to square one on it working. Got an intel nic because when I looked up what nics work well with freenas, all I saw was 'any intel nic' repeated over and over again. But it still won't get an ip address, can't be pinged, and is throwing the same errors as before.

repeats 'freenas nptd_initres[2107]: host name not found: X.freebsd.pool.ntp.org' (replace X with numbers 0-2) every few minutes.

Edit 2:

@Vitalius

So frustrated with myself I can't believe it. Every time I troubleshoot something I always forget to check one small, basic thing and it's a different thing every time.

This time it was an issue with my powerline adaptors. The one near my computer is fine, but the one next to my router is dead and I never noticed because my computer just switched to wifi.

So the problem has been found, gonna have to order a new one.

topkek

Get rid of powerline. I highly recommend that. It is just... it is better than having no network connection. But only *just*.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

same rules different order different result

different but equivalent at the same time

no methodology or procedure, do it and pray and do it again when you get stuck near the end

my blood pressure rn omfg this class is a bigger pain in the ass than all of my others combined

FZIsvRt.png

It was from this same/similar experience that I acquired the skill of finding solution manuals with high accuracy of the internet.