Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

We`re still anime fans, "Anime Club" should stay IMO.

We usually talk about anime less than anything else around here, so what's the point? More accurate to call ourselves "Heaven Society: life, love, builds, anime, cars, shitposting... you name it we're into it."

So it basically becomes a miniature version of the Off-Topic section of LTT? Ya. That's bad.

What? We're the biggest of the off-topic thread on LTT. We'd still remain that way. Why not just have our (more serious) anime club stuff in an on-topic thread, like any real anime club does?

Well, generally speaking, clubs on the Internet rarely are about what they were originally made for. What I mean is, if you made a chess club, chess would be the thing everyone in the club liked, but you would specifically discuss other topics that are not chess because all chess all the time gets boring (I suppose). I dunno. I remember I had a better response to this last time. Oh well.

Every real anime club I've seen has separate places where you can discuss anime, manga, and just dick around. Even 4chan is smart enough to separate its concerns, and /a/ stays on topic FAR more than we do as a result.

When the 2011 version was airing, the forums & chat rooms I regularly frequented always had people talking about the big 3 or some of the more obscure anime. Nobody, literally ever, while HxH 2011 was airing, specifically talked about it, except for me.

That's why I felt like people felt meh about it. When I talked about it, I was mostly ignored.

Ah, that makes sense. I frequented anime blogs and forums that didn't discuss long-running series much, but when they did it was a heck of a thread. HxH tended to get a lot of coverage except in its slower phases. I also remember the rankings, and it was consistently on the top aside from the big 3, who only stayed on top because of momentum. If HxH had been a 600+ episode anime, we would have a big 4 instead.

We`re still anime fans, so "Anime Club" should stay IMO.

A lot of us are fans of food for example doesn't mean we should name ourself "Food Club"

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Ah, that makes sense. I frequented anime blogs and forums that didn't discuss long-running series much, but when they did it was a heck of a thread. HxH tended to get a lot of coverage except in its slower phases. I also remember the rankings, and it was consistently on the top aside from the big 3, who only stayed on top because of momentum. If HxH had been a 600+ episode anime, we would have a big 4 instead.

If the dude ever finishes it, I imagine we will have at least a 300+ episode anime. Probably 450ish (assuming the end of HxH 2011 will be followed by a time skip, since it's the best possible place for that to happen imo and is the half-way point).

Glad he's not on haitus anymore. ... for now.

But I'd rather he took a lot of breaks than have him lose his creativeness and just become "DBZ, but different", like YYH kinda was.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Is it just me or is the new anime coming up in fall not that impressive looking...

that beutiful bones one looks potentially pretty bad. while Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan looks like it might be a fun rom com, but looks like it could also be pretty bad. while the rest is stock action shonen, a harem peice i didnt get into into enough second season and not much else of note...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

If the dude ever finishes it, I imagine we will have at least a 300+ episode anime. Probably 450ish (assuming the end of HxH 2011 will be followed by a time skip, since it's the best possible place for that to happen imo and is the half-way point).

Glad he's not on haitus anymore. ... for now.

But I'd rather he took a lot of breaks than have him lose his creativeness and just become "DBZ, but different", like YYH kinda was.

Yeah, to be honest I think a proper adaptation of Hunter x Hunter, not strictly following every detail of the manga, would be a joy to behold. Especially if it could blend the tones of the '99 and '11 adaptations, have the music, storyboarding and framing of the '99 version, and the more consistent animation of the '11 version.

Is it just me or is the new anime coming up in fall not that impressive looking...

that beutiful bones one looks potentially pretty bad. while Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan looks like it might be a fun rom com, but looks like it could also be pretty bad. while the rest is stock action shonen, a harem peice i didnt get into into enough second season and not much else of note...

Not just you. There should prove to be three or four decent ones regardless, like most seasons, but on paper it's looking like the least interesting and creative fall season in years.

if you want to be 100% on topic [in a thread in the off topic-section] it would become generic, its taking the personality away

...wouldn't that be the antithesis of generic?

gQoYtyr.jpg?1

on topic =/= no personality

generally it's acceptable for there to be a balance of anime discussion and off-topic in off topic, because that's to be expected since we're social people. I try to not post too much off topic either but I get tired of making on topic posts because I see almost no interaction except from a few people.

If I spend time making a long detailed post and it gets rolled over in 10 minutes it's like I'm singing in a room of crying infants. It's discouraging.

This thread goes through a cycle of Awakening and relapse, hence my earlier post

this thread is like being in an abusive relationship

it's the perfect metaphor

At the very least I can tolerate a love then hate then love relationship better than I could how the thread was during the darker pages.

I've actually considered trying never posting a new post again. Just editing old ones and mentioning whoever I'm replying to with a quote so they know what I'm talking about.

It's not hard. Quoting someone via an edit sends them a notification anyway. Using @ works just the same. So you could technically interact with the entire forum from a single post in Off-Topic, as long as you quote and give context for the person reading it.

some of the legacy members might remember that my location used to be "editing posts" because I did exactly what you describe and retroactively edited frequently to reply

are you sure you get notified? the reason I stopped doing that is because you don't get notified

I still sometimes do it with a tag, but nowhere near as much as I used to for that reason.

Every real anime club I've seen has separate places where you can discuss anime, manga, and just dick around. Even 4chan is smart enough to separate its concerns, and /a/ stays on topic FAR more than we do as a result.

I wouldn't consider this real. It's a section in a sub-section. It's difficult for make formal partitions with such a small pool of users.

TS has done a lot to relieve the previous issues with this thread, it just needs a bit of prodding in the right direction now and then.

of course, the profosists thread would be a good thread in parallel. I would encourage crossposting from both.

Error: 410

that beutiful bones one looks potentially pretty bad. while Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan looks like it might be a fun rom com, but looks like it could also be pretty bad. while the rest is stock action shonen, a harem peice i didnt get into into enough second season and not much else of note...

I agree, tbh for the past year and a half or so i am never excited for new anime seasons. Like in all that time i've been excited for like 4 anime tops, yeah i end up watching something new maybe, but it's not like i'm looking forward to this fall's releases.

I also think i might like Rakudai kishi no eiyuutan if it has good romantic progression.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

A lot of us are fans of food for example doesn't mean we should name ourself "Food Club"

True, but being anime fans is what sets us apart from the rest of the forums.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

...wouldn't that be the antithesis of generic?

on topic =/= no personality

generally it's acceptable for there to be a balance of anime discussion and off-topic in off topic, because that's to be expected since we're social people. I try to not post too much off topic either but I get tired of making on topic posts because I see almost no interaction except from a few people.

If I spend time making a long detailed post and it gets rolled over in 10 minutes it's like I'm singing in a room of crying infants. It's discouraging.

This thread goes through a cycle of Awakening and relapse, hence my earlier post

At the very least I can tolerate a love then hate then love relationship better than I could how the thread was during the darker pages.

some of the legacy members might remember that my location used to be "editing posts" because I did exactly what you describe and retroactively edited frequently to reply

are you sure you get notified? the reason I stopped doing that is because you don't get notified

I still sometimes do it with a tag, but nowhere near as much as I used to for that reason.

Agreed.

As for adding in quotes as I recall you have to tag them as well if you want them to get a notification since editing a quote in does not notify them

I agree, tbh for the past year and a half or so i am never excited for new anime seasons. Like in all that time i've been excited for like 4 anime tops, yeah i end up watching something new maybe, but it's not like i'm looking forward to this fall's releases.

I also think i might like Rakudai kishi no eiyuutan if it has good romantic progression.

i would like to see another season of black bullet or another parasyte the maxim style show. ie dark action shonen with serious romantic drama on the side. i'd take another season of that madoka knockoff with taro card instead... over some of this boredom

EDIT: anyone remember that josei rom com a while back featuring drama between a ladies dead ghost husband and new love interest dude where the lady owned a flower shop. I would like to try another mainstream josei in the main listings honestly

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

True, but being anime fans is what sets us apart from the rest of the forums.

Not really. I know there are anime fans in the forums who don't bother coming here, often because of the /b/-ish nature of the thread. Plus, we barely discuss anime at all compared to just vainly posting images or talking about builds and such, so it's kinda tough to pretend we're really "anime fans", and not just people who watch some anime from time to time. Being the only place on LTT where anime is discussed isn't really what sets us apart, it's the people who hang out in here and the way we interact.

I wouldn't consider this real. It's a section in a sub-section. It's difficult for make formal partitions with such a small pool of users.

TS has done a lot to relieve the previous issues with this thread, it just needs a bit of prodding in the right direction now and then.

of course, the profosists thread would be a good thread in parallel. I would encourage crossposting from both.

I think having an "anime-related only" thread, and a "random" thread could help bring in fresh blood, and make us more of an anime club (if we want to be). If renaming profosist's thread and this one to be more accurate is the easiest thing to try, then I say go for it. I'm not assuming that the anime-only thread would supercede this one, or that it wouldn't be slower by comparison. I just would like to see this club improve, not stagnate.

So back to the discussion of hunter x hunter what one are you guys talking about? didn't the 2011 one end or are you talking about the manga?

after watching this I think I may end up watching the anime

So back to the discussion of hunter x hunter what one are you guys talking about? didn't the 2011 one end or are you talking about the manga?

after watching this I think I may end up watching the anime

The 2011 version is what we seemed to be talking about. It's basically a re-telling of the manga, from start to the end of the Chimera Ants arc. It covers the same material the '99 series did up to Greed Island, and does an inferior job of it from an artistic perspective (imho), but if you'd like to relive the whole series, then it's still watchable at worst.

If you haven't seen any HxH, but don't mind shows from '99, then I'd personally recommend watching the '99 version up to the YorkNew arc (start or end, depending on how much you're enjoying the '99 version), and then watching the new one from Greed Island onward. You might also want to watch one specific episode for one specific fight in the 2011 version, because it's probably the high point of the 2011 version up to the parts I've not yet seen (though both '99 and '11 versions did a great job on that fight).

back to finishing to love ru manga until my off peak activates then...

i would like to see another season of black bullet or another parasyte the maxim style show. ie dark action shonen with serious romantic drama on the side. i'd take another season of that madoka knockoff with taro card instead... over some of this boredom

EDIT: anyone remember that josei rom com a while back featuring drama between a ladies dead ghost husband and new love interest dude where the lady owned a flower shop. I would like to try another mainstream josei in the main listings honestly

Idk about black bullet, i rly didn't like it, and i have yet to watch parasyte. But i think i know what you say, you should watch tokyo ghoul if u haven't.

I can't think of an anime like the josei one u mention.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Some other josei-ish anime to try out:

Nana

Nodame Cantabile

Usagi Drop

Chihayafuru

Honey and Clover

Sakamachi no Apollon

Paradise Kiss

The 2011 version is what we seemed to be talking about. It's basically a re-telling of the manga, from start to the end of the Chimera Ants arc. It covers the same material the '99 series did up to Greed Island, and does an inferior job of it from an artistic perspective (imho), but if you'd like to relive the whole series, then it's still watchable at worst.

If you haven't seen any HxH, but don't mind shows from '99, then I'd personally recommend watching the '99 version up to the YorkNew arc (start or end, depending on how much you're enjoying the '99 version), and then watching the new one from Greed Island onward. You might also want to watch one specific episode for one specific fight in the 2011 version, because it's probably the high point of the 2011 version up to the parts I've not yet seen (though both '99 and '11 versions did a great job on that fight).

I have not seen any of hxh and I'm fine with other anime but if it is retold in the new one im not sure it is worth watching the old one. 

Hmm, after reading profosist's thread, I don't think it'll be a good "anime only" thread. It's just another random-discussion thread so far. Kinda defeats the point, and I'd rather not moderate out any content from a thread that's already got a life of its own.

the problem the @theprofosists threads is he tends to half ass threads and seems to have just wanted a place to promote his tweets anyways.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Nana

Nodame Cantabile

Usagi Drop

Chihayafuru

Honey and Clover

Sakamachi no Apollon

Paradise Kiss

usagi drop was a JOSEI...with that bizarre twist....

I have not seen any of hxh and I'm fine with other anime but if it is retold in the new one im not sure it is worth watching the old one.

The '99 series does the series better justice imho, it just didn't get as far in the manga. If you want a more articulate look at why I think that way, this guy basically does my job for me (though there may be some spoilers, if you care about those): https://twolongfourtwitlonger.wordpress.com/2014/12/21/hxh-99-hxh-2011-btw/

usagi drop was a JOSEI...with that bizarre twist....

The manga is where the twist was, though. The anime stops at the point where everyone was still happy with it, before they got butthurt that it wasn't still an anime about a little kid and went places that they didn't agree with.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Nana

Nodame Cantabile

Usagi Drop

Chihayafuru

Honey and Clover

Sakamachi no Apollon

Paradise Kiss

Jose-ish being?

I saw chihayafuru and sakamachi no apollon and i liked them, but they are pretty different storywise.

Jose-ish being?

I saw chihayafuru and sakamachi no apollon and i liked them, but they are pretty different storywise.

Josei are aimed more at older girls/women, like how seinen are aimed more for older boys/men. That's all. They share some common visual and romantic tropes, but the stories are often very very different.

Jose-ish being?

usagi drop was published as josei i checked, nana definitely is. paradise kiss definitely is the other

Josei are aimed more at older girls/women, like how shounen are aimed more for older boys/men. That's all. They share some common visual and romantic tropes, but the stories are often very very different.

Hmm i see, i might like some of them.