Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Do want....

If I became a millionaire overnight I'd fund this instantly.

The Story/plot though.....how would that work out? i rather not see it turn into "we made it because fan service and whatnot and money"

I´d bet my breakfast it would turn into another Koihime Muso, which reminds me...i never finished that one...

Edit: Ugh...why do random people randomly add me on facebook or Steam...how do they even find me !?

The Story/plot though.....how would that work out? i rather not see it turn into "we made it because fan service and whatnot and money"

I'd imagine it would be a bunch of over-the-top fight sequences strung together with basic story sequences, like the games?

I'd imagine it would be a bunch of over-the-top fight sequences strung together with basic story sequences, like the games?

Who knows...

Depends who makes it i guess. 

In the wrong hands it could turn into a pointless cash cow, Touhou has a name that has value.

Well if it happens we will se what happens, its a hit or miss.

I´d bet my breakfast it would turn into another Koihime Muso, which reminds me...i never finished that one...

Edit: Ugh...why do random people randomly add me on facebook or Steam...how do they even find me !?

Watching ep 1 - 4 right now and it's actually pretty good. It's not fan service crap and the fights are done really well, the animation isn't kyoani level but on par if not better than other animes. 

The music is naturally really well done since it is touhou lol. The story is covering Remilia's attempt at clouding Gensokyo in a read mist.... UN OWEN 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Watching ep 1 - 4 right now and it's actually pretty good. It's not fan service crap and the fights are done really well, the animation isn't kyoani level but on par if not better than other animes. 

The music is naturally really well done since it is touhou lol. The story is covering Remilia's attempt at clouding Gensokyo in a read mist.... UN OWEN 

Ooooooh? Sounds great, mind pointing me in the right directions? 

Ooooooh? Sounds great, mind pointing me in the right directions? 

The voice acting is good too :D

I'm watching em on youtube, I haven't found a place to download em really... and the ones I did find I still need to check on the video quality.

Look for "The Spring Snow Incident" then after after that look for "The Scarlet Mist Incident". I also gave "Summer's Day Dream" a go, they seem to be making 1 episode per couple of years for that one so there isn't a whole lot yet sadly. 

There are various doujin groups who are working on anime adaptations though and that's amazing...

Personally I can't wait for this one....

EDIT: Whoa looks like this one is being made by a Chinese group! They'll prepare a Japanese version as soon as possible.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

The voice acting is good too :D

I'm watching em on youtube, I haven't found a place to download em really... and the ones I did find I still need to check on the video quality.

Look for "The Spring Snow Incident" then after after that look for "The Scarlet Mist Incident". I also gave "Summer's Day Dream" a go, they seem to be making 1 episode per couple of years for that one so there isn't a whole lot yet sadly. 

There are various doujin groups who are working on anime adaptations though and that's amazing...

Personally I can't wait for this one....

Alright, will do, 

oh and Do let me know if you find good quality ones.

Oh..wait what? doujin groups ?!....

:S

ok that's interesting to hear.

oh.my.whiskers! 

Ragnarok Online nostalgia music...me like.

Alright, will do, 

oh and Do let me know if you find good quality ones.

Oh..wait what? doujin groups ?!....

:S

ok that's interesting to hear.

oh.my.whiskers! 

Ragnarok Online nostalgia music...me like.

sadly we lost @MyInnerFred to touhou some time back and there seems to be no saving him now

My god I just saw Inubashiri Momiji out cold from drinking. Part of my life has been complete...

80d25202af3bd53c888124e58c99db395643623d

Found the full OP :D

so instead of watching the weekly I have started watching this. 

EDIT: or just the first episode. cant get a good video with english subs and audio.

Blarg

so instead of watching the weekly I have started watching this. 

EDIT: or just the first episode. cant get a good video with english subs and audio.

Which one are you watching? Memories of Phantasm? Or Fantasy Kaleidoscope? 

The one I linked here:

This is still in development by the Chinese doujin group.

http://kyotofantasytroupe.net/ 

Looks like their still steadily working on it. 

EDIT: I can't wait to see the end result, they are focusing on the lore of characters that we haven't really seen in the fanimes. 

Oh and Maribel Han and Renko Usami will be in it! 

%E6%A2%85%E8%8E%89%EF%BC%88%E5%A4%8F%E8%

%E8%8E%B2%E5%AD%90%EF%BC%88%E5%A4%8F%E8%

Looks like the first episode will be about the Lunarians! 

%E8%BE%89%E5%A4%9C.png

%E6%B0%B8%E7%90%B3.png

EDIT: Oh!  http://thvideo.tv/v/th2604/

Well, I managed to watch a bunch of first-episodes, and the season is looking pretty meh so far. Nothing terrible, but nothing I'd recommend either.

My Teen Romcom SNAFU S2.
The same show, with the same pros and cons; basically a lesser Hyouka. This time it's at least produced by a studio who seem to "get it" a bit better, but man was this episode boring. I don't remember season one being this tedious. I can't say I'm too enthused if the only thing of interest will be whether they stop being coy about Hachiman's obviously bisexual nature.

Gunslinger Stratos.
This felt like it was aping from Mahouka and other popular anime way more than necessary, and it relied so much on crows and violins that it almost got unintentionally funny. But at least it had some decent atmosphere and visual framing at times, and the last part was interesting enough to warrant watching the second episode... maybe. It feels like a show that will immediately go downhill in its second episode, though.

Plastic Memories.
Oh my, talk about hokey. It had a giant "I want you to cry" sign hanging over the whole episode, but then only gave me like 20 seconds to get to know the character I was supposed to cry for. Um, no, that's not enough to make ME cry, even if you make THEM cry. Especially not if you toss in toilet humor immediately after your feels... what is this, Looney Toons? I've already seen Chobits and Time of Eve, and I'm not really in the mood for a dopier version of those.

Legend of Arslan.
Nice, an anime that seems to want to tell a serious fantasy story, not just use sleight-of-hand. It didn't really do anything that I wouldn't consider "typical" of this sort of story, but what it lacked in pomp or flair it made up for in basic competence. Basically it seems like Akatsuki no Yona, except that it actually knows how to do an old-school epic plot. And given that the manga and novels it's based on are STILL ongoing, it seems like there will be no shortage of solid material to enjoy here.

Food Wars.
This wasn't "bad" bad, but the comedy was really lame, and the shounen formula was so strong it overpowered what little cooking was actually presented in the episode. Basically this isn't for me. It's not as clever as it wants to be, and it's not as interesting as I want it to be. Heck, it even ended up in yet another hokey themed highschool... what's the point in watching this if dozens of other anime have already done what it's aiming to do?

DanMachi.
I... suspect that you'd have to actively try to make a harem anime as "generic" as this. I'm not even sure if I ought to be appalled or impressed. It's honestly like they saw Dog Days and thought "hell, we can make a blander fantasy harem anime than that!" The only real plus is that JC Staff is animating it like it's a serious anime, but unfortunately that means very little since they're way too tame to give us any noteworthy fanservice.

Denpa Kyoushi.
Wait... A-1 produced this embarrassingly low-rent GTO clone? Bizarre. Frankly I think I'd rather just watch GTO again instead.

As expected from our hard critic.

Hey, someone has to provide a little negativity or this thread will be a maelstrom of empty "it's enjoyable" and "it's awesome" sentiment :)

Hey, someone has to provide a little negativity or this thread will be a maelstrom of empty "it's enjoyable" and "it's awesome" sentiment :)

I've been yelled at before for giving too much negative opinions, lol

but where do you guys find all this shit and the time for it, the list you pumped out I've heard of literally none of them

and I mean literally, not figuratively.

Error: 410

I've been yelled at before for giving too much negative opinions, lol

but where do you guys find all this shit and the time for it, the list you pumped out I've heard of literally none of them

and I mean literally, not figuratively.

I'm harsh on practically everything, but I only go overboard to troll when people take it too seriously. I mean if I *truly* hated anime I wouldn't watch so much of it :)

As for finding the time, I just get lucky and squeeze in the time on days when I'm not working extra hours to make cash or helping scanlate manga and such.

I'm harsh on practically everything, but I only go overboard to troll when people take it too seriously. I mean if I *truly* hated anime I wouldn't watch so much of it :)

As for finding the time, I just get lucky and squeeze in the time on days when I'm not working extra hours to make cash or helping scanlate manga and such.

i'm a slut for pain, I usually finish no matter what ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) so that's typically why I don't mind risking 12/13ep titles a bit of a chance and follow through with catharsis by means of publicly denouncing it, but what still infuriates me to a point where I don't know how to deal with the anger is awful 24 episode works that tease their way up to the end and go out with a shy sizzle and a bang that the weakest of bubble wrap would mask.

much like Soul Eater, or Pandora Hearts holy heck I still haven't gotten back my skin tone for that misadventure.

swear to god @CatCloud I'm going to move all of your furniture over 5cm while you sleep

yes, that is a threat.

Error: 410

So, I finally got to watch the following movies today:

• Sword of the Stranger - 9.5/10 overall

It was pretty great for the various reasons most people know already. Great animation, music, story (based on history), characters, & battle choreography.

The main character basically being Battosai, the Man Slayer was great.

Come on. Red hair? Military veteran who slew thousands and is an amazing swordsman? Makes a promise/prayer to not use his sword to kill (even if it's broken)? It's totally Rurouni Kenshin. Totally.Space Pirate: Captain Harlock - 8.0/10 overall

My progression for this anime movie was like so:

30 minutes in: 5.0/10
1 hour in: 5.5/10
1.5 hours in: 6.5/10
2.0 hours in (end): 8.0/10

The reason why is because the first half of the movie is kinda meh. Very cliche. The only great thing was the animation (it's like a movie Final Fantasy XIII-XIV cut scene). The 0G 10 second bath scene was funny though.

https://animekritik.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/11.png

The second half was good. Still as much cliche, but it was at least cliche that is generally liked. The twist at the end did a lot for the score.

I probably won't rewatch it (I hate rewatching things anyway), but I should note that a around the 1 hour mark, the audio got desynced by up to 5 minutes ahead of the video. It was hard to watch.
Anastasia (Disney) - 8.5/10

I love Disney, but I haven't seen Anastasia in forever. I mention it because the animation is kinda unique to me. I don't remember another Disney movie where they drew the cheek bones & other facial stuff (like laughing lines) on every character noticeably. 

tumblr_ma36reC6Yv1rwyed6.gif

Like, they have shape and are always there/relevant. There are times the animation sucks in that movie, but that thing was awesome to me.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

snip

*doki *doki Anastasia

Come on Sing with me

And life is a road I wanna keep going
Love is a river I want to keep flowing
Life is road now and forever
Wonderful journey
I'll be there when the world stops turning
I'll be there when the storm is through
In the end I wanna be standing
At the beginning with you

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

i'm a slut for pain, I usually finish no matter what ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) so that's typically why I don't mind risking 12/13ep titles a bit of a chance and follow through with catharsis by means of publicly denouncing it, but what still infuriates me to a point where I don't know how to deal with the anger is awful 24 episode works that tease their way up to the end and go out with a shy sizzle and a bang that the weakest of bubble wrap would mask.

much like Soul Eater, or Pandora Hearts holy heck I still haven't gotten back my skin tone for that misadventure.

swear to god @CatCloud I'm going to move all of your furniture over 5cm while you sleep

yes, that is a threat.

Jeez, Pandora Hearts again? Just read the manga already :)  It's almost over now, and turned out pretty darn interesting for such a convoluted plot.

I only get to watch so many longer series, so I tend to reserve my time for the ones that seem worth the time investment. That doesn't mean I always do, of course. Sometimes I'll give something a shot even though it barely seems worth it, because I want to be able to know what others see in it. Kind of a "study" of why something is popular, even if it's not particularly good. It can be intriguing.