Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

what is it?

2005 Ford F-150 Work "edition"

This isn't it. It's just a showing of the general body style and such. 

39050824001_large.jpg

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Been browsing monitor stands/arms, feels like I'm getting robbed just by looking at these prices. 

I KNOW RIGHT? Most of them are just metal machined in a certain fashion. Nothing complex to it. Yet cost as much as the ones that have "hydraulics" or wtv. It's ridiculous.

This one is nice though. I know cuz I haz.

MF2_3_lg.jpg

MHMMM, SO NICE.

MF2_2_lg.jpg

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Today's Accomplishments:

• Got Debian 8.2 with KDE running off Omni-USB on ancient 32-bit laptop with 1GB of RAM (single stick of DDR) so I can recover files and prepare to install most basic of Linux on it. Still looking for a Linux Distro that is nothing but a browser, file explorer, media player, document viewer (i.e. PDFs and such), and office-type things (LibreOffice or OpenOffice).
phyew
You are so organized and seem to plan ahead lol. Not something I can handle.

Why don't you install arch?(I won't recommend gentoo until I try it myself although others might.) Its really not hard, you just need to follow the wiki. Then you can easily install those things and nothing else. I was going to start listing things but then I remembered this https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/List_of_applications . That should give you plenty of the options. Also can't you do a minimal install of Debian and instead of installing a DE just install a window manager and the programs you need? Openbox is floating(as opposed to tiling) and is pretty easy to set up.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

You are so organized a seem to plan ahead lol. Not something I can handle.

TL;DR: this is for a windows scrub who just wants his crappy old laptop to be usable for the most basic of necessities.

Like, this thing has a single DDR RAM slot, and it has 128MB of onboard RAM

That requires I learn Arch. He's been waiting on me for a month. I'll just install this and let him be happy (until he inevitably breaks it): http://www.lxle.net/

Regarding organization: I can only do it spontaneously. I sat here for an hour trying my hardest to think of something productive to do. Then I suddenly write the list you quoted and I'm like "wtf brain, I'm on LTT and bam, suddenly I can remember what I'm supposed to be doing?"

sigh

This Omni-USB I made is great tho. I just download an ISO and bam, it's ready to install on some PC. It effectively runs a Virtual Machine on it, so it can boot from any of the ISOs supplied. Either as a live machine (like a Live CD/DVD) or for installation purposes. But only if the ISO is hybrid and supports it (like Debian Live CD/DVD).

† Christian Member †

I KNOW RIGHT? Most of them are just metal machined in a certain fashion. Nothing complex to it. Yet cost as much as the ones that have "hydraulics" or wtv. It's ridiculous.

MHMMM, SO NICE.

It does look very nice but jeeez I can't swallow those prices. 

well I can make you one for twice as much and a quarter of the features lol

lol I could probably make one at work while my boss isn't looking.

Just a couple of aluminum square tubes, plates, and weld them together. 

MF2_3_lg.jpg

MHMMM, SO NICE.

MF2_2_lg.jpg

Ugh, too many moving parts.

I went with Ergotech's monitor stand and no regrets, the Dang thing is still standing strong.

I'm going to get a longer pole so I can slap a 4th screen on it, still debating on which monitor though.

Cheap monitor arms are garbage, especially those with that weird ball. It will just lose its grip in less than a year, we have a couple of models at work and damn do I hate the all.

Oh btw @Charger d gray man updated. It's like 1 chapter every quarter of a year.

Ugh, too many moving parts.

I went with Ergotech's monitor stand and no regrets, the Dang thing is still standing strong.

I'm going to get a longer pole so I can slap a 4th screen on it, still debating on which monitor though.

These are fairly high tech (the first picture). You can take a hex wrench and adjust the joints for certain weights, so a monitor is easy to adjust, but won't just fall down on it's own. 

I'm not sure how they do it. It's not just a screw that tightens.

The 2nd picture monitor arms have those holes in them on the ends to hide cables in.

Right now, my arms are set to like 20 lbs each. I'm pretty sure they can handle up to 50 lbs (that's like an LED 55" TV's weight, roughly, or greater).

Your's looks nice tho. 

DSC01660.jpg

Two different design styles (mine vs yours). 

It wouldn't be hard to attach a higher pole like you want imo.

† Christian Member †

These are fairly high tech (the first picture). You can take a hex wrench and adjust the joints for certain weights, so a monitor is easy to adjust, but won't just fall down on it's own.

I'm not sure how they do it. It's not just a screw that tightens.

The 2nd picture monitor arms have those holes in them on the ends to hide cables in.

Right now, my arms are set to like 20 lbs each. I'm pretty sure they can handle up to 50 lbs (that's like an LED 55" TV's weight, roughly, or greater).

Your's looks nice tho.

DSC01660.jpg

Two different design styles (mine vs yours).

It wouldn't be hard to attach a higher pole like you want imo.

aye, changing the pole is not an issue, just need to find/ make one.

But getting a 4th monitor mount is a different story, think I'll have to get one of Ergotech... Might just grab a pole from them as well. Idunno.

Really want to build one of these when I get my own place. Anyone got things similar to this? 

that reminds me of the engine block table top gear uk had (when they were still around that is)

vlcsnap3478391uj8.png

TL;DR: this is for a windows scrub who just wants his crappy old laptop to be usable for the most basic of necessities.

Ah right I assumed it was for yourself. I don't know why people insist on using things like that. Surely you can save like $200 and get a used think pad on ebay. Like they have at least 4gb of ram and can be relatively new (2012+) and most often have at least win 7 home premium on it. I've even seen some with 8.1 pro. Like in the amount of time it has taken you to help them even if they were unemployed they could have found a job walking dogs or something and made that money. It doesn't seem that hard but maybe I'm just resourceful.

Actually now that I mention it I'm probably going to pick up a (thinkpad) t420, t430, x220, x230, or x240 for school work. They are pretty sweet for how cheap you can get them. I've got 8gb of laptop ram just sitting around so I can throw that in and then I'll just pick up an ssd, install whatever I want on it and have a pretty sweet system for under $400. It will be way better than a chromebook.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

lol I could probably make one at work while my boss isn't looking.

Just a couple of aluminum square tubes, plates, and weld them together.

the less features you build into it the easier it is to make

Oh btw @Charger d gray man updated. It's like 1 chapter every quarter of a year.

which is still an improvement lol

aye, changing the pole is not an issue, just need to find/ make one.

But getting a 4th monitor mount is a different story, think I'll have to get one of Ergotech... Might just grab a pole from them as well. Idunno.

Bro. You live in Sweden. Go to IKEA. Buy this (or something like it). Cut it to your needs.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40226790/

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20370383/

Or if you know of a place to buy a bit of Sheet Metal that's large enough and thick enough, just buy that, cut it to size, drill 5-6 holes in it (4 for VESA mount, and 1-2 for mount to pole), and rock on.

@Opask, it's all about information. If he had thought of or knew that, I bet he'd have done it.

† Christian Member †

Actually now that I mention it I'm probably going to pick up a (thinkpad) t420,

and some snacks and papers along with it?

Mhcbf5O.gif

AWWWW YISSSSSS

RTC3SmR.png

Error: 410

and some snacks and papers along with it?

http://i.imgur.com/Mhcbf5O.gif

AWWWW YISSSSSS

http://i.imgur.com/RTC3SmR.png

pIEZJCN.jpg

Judging by all the other features it has it probably has storage for that (and the snacks).

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I've just recently become free of a 24 month contract that ended up being 27 months because they kept dicking me around. Sticking on pay as you go for now as I don't use my phone enough to justify spending £40 a month on it. 

Wish the damn micro USB port worked fine, though. 

EDIT: Just realised that my phone was costing me more to run than my car insurance, MOT and tax. 

Yuppp, they find every way to drain money from ya. I just buy my phones straight up, I hate binding contracts.

Ya. HTC One M7 was my old phone. Only reason I gave it away to my cousin was because it's camera took purple out of focus pictures and the speaker sucked for media (but not calls strangely). 

OPO is nice tho. 

@MyInnerFred

Russia: A History

KnwsNV.jpg

This is probably a comical representation of that chart I showed you from Fidelity. Where there's a recovery, crash, growth, and "uncertainty" stage to the US' economy.

Only, this one is for Russia and it's a comic about a bear balancing.

They really are in the shitter right now, oil and vodka their main commodities.... Oil is getting dumped into oblivion. China's growth decline is causing their own government to stop trading sometimes to prevent further market losses.... it's almost comical.

Today's Accomplishments:

• Purchased work truck for business.
  • Mounted all networking hardware to bit of particle board (high quality tho imo) for more neatness. Still wire spaghetti tho.
  • Got Debian 8.2 with KDE running off Omni-USB on ancient 32-bit laptop with 1GB of RAM (single stick of DDR) so I can recover files and prepare to install most basic of Linux on it. Still looking for a Linux Distro that is nothing but a browser, file explorer, media player, document viewer (i.e. PDFs and such), and office-type things (LibreOffice or OpenOffice).
  • Sorted bank stuff for Business (have more stuff to sort tho).

Things still planned for today:

• Re-install Debian 8.2 on home PC because for some reason every time I try and log in, a terminal pops up for a second, then the screen flashes and goes back to login screen. I assume it's starting XOrg servers but I'm not getting into them.
  • Finish getting Teen Wolf Season 5 for my nephew as he loves it. I watched a season or two with him. Typical Teen Drama with fantasy aspect. Like Twilight; only not horrible.

Things planned for tomorrow:

• Configure Quickbooks Desktop version to Multi-User so multiple people can work in 1 company file at a time.
  • Fix partner's computer so he doesn't have to enter the password for the network share every time he reboots his PC (forgot /PERSISTENT:YES when adding way2go me).
  • Transfer old Company stuff from old Quickbooks Company file to new file.
  • Reconcile all things that are broken because of last goal (it will happen; I know it).
  • Scan another 100+ receipts (I have like 400+).

phyew

Oh oh, I hope it was a good truck!

nRdhCdd.jpg

Really want to build one of these when I get my own place. Anyone got things similar to this? 

motherboard-coffee-table.jpg

Nope.... That does look really cool though.

Been browsing monitor stands/arms, feels like I'm getting robbed just by looking at these prices. 

Yeah your, essentially getting robbed.... Some of the monitor arms on the market are horrid for the features you get compared to the price. I mean sure monitor arms are basically, just metal arms that hook up to your monitor but some of these barely allow you to adjust the position of the screen...

http://i.imgur.com/DinJPMm.webm

That is pretty brutal.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Pssst, One Plus Two (or One, or X).

I will never buy another Contract phone again. It's not just about "it's basically a loan", but also the customer service you get. 

#ScrewThat

Yeah, I tried to end my contract several times, as I didn't realise they didn't end the contract after the 24months, they just keep taking the payments until you tell them to stop. 

I still like my phone (HTC One M7), just it's a pain to update my music as the USB port is really particular about how the cable needs to be positioned. 

I could never understand the point of contract phones, and am still clueless.

Never had a phone that was bought on-contract nor have any of them been over 200€ up front. Plus, as usual, every phone I have had (apart from one Nokia 3110C (no, not the legendary 3310) a while back) is second-hand acquired...

I'm a cheapass when it comes to phones...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I could never understand the point of contract phones, and am still clueless.

I'm a cheapass when it comes to phones...

These two things go together. High end phones cost more than a gaming console (at least if you bought them out-right without a contract, for the companies who let you), so contracting them out pays for them over time basically. Only you pay even more because it's effectively a loan and "profit".

I am a mad man...

24343814660_5811964f3d_k.jpg

Said ye olde laptop...

24011208004_f86c8c0c8d_k.jpg

My network config (hardware wise)...

24271619189_fcb2b1628e_k.jpg

There will be a TV on that wall mount eventually (55")...

24557154501_8029220d13_k.jpg

Truly, I am a mad man.

2nd 1600x900 wide screen ACER P.O.S. monitor will be added soon.

† Christian Member †

Well, that's another batch of episodes watched.

Luck and Logic (3). so-so.

Aw, that's a shame. As expected, rather than becoming more interesting, this anime is getting less interesting. There were some decent ideas here that kept this from being downright trash-tier, but they weren't handled particularly well. The stuff with Yurine felt half-hearted at best, and the thought processes of the characters weren't very convincing. In fact the execution of this ep was downright sloppy, with a weirdly stilted sense of timing, and if the music wasn't decent enough to pick up the slack for the shaky editing and insincere script then this could have been cringe-worthy. As it stands it's nothing more than a serviceable notch in the "team formation" phase of the story, but it sacrifices quite a bit to get there. I'm still not ready to drop this series, but my expectations have pretty much bottomed out. Especially given the lame villains. In fact I think this show missed its calling to be a wacky series about inter-dimensional border guards.

Rainbow Days (2). bad.

To hell with this. I figured I'd give it another shot (since I've started dropping other ones) but this was just plain hard to watch. I was hoping for an inferior Jitsu wa Watashi wa or Nichibros, but not THIS inferior. Overly obnoxious characters, an uninspired script, and comedy that's so common in anime that it isn't comedic anymore. Not to mention that the drama was so over-the-top it might as well be made for little kids instead of teens or older. It might have helped if there was something interesting going on, but it's just plain insipid so far. If only Tabi Machi Late Show could have had this budget instead.

Bubuki Buranki (2). good.

Wow, what a campy cheesefest this is turning out to be... and not in an entirely unenjoyable way. My word of advice is to not go into this one expecting a solid or "good" story, but rather one that's carefully chosen in order to show off the state-of-the-art for modern anime CGI. That's not to say that you can't get sucked into it if you want, since it's a weirdly entertaining little spectacle show so far. It's also not to say that the CGI is "there" yet, but they're certainly doing their best to make the most of it. The facial expressions and poses are pretty solid, and a lot of clever directorial work does its best to bring out the best without all of the flaws being too much to bear. It's like they choose whatever suited the CGI, rather than just slapping CGI poorly into a show that didn't have enough budget for traditional animation (I have no idea how those kids stay glued onto that Titan thing, mind you). The overall effect is something that might just be able to keep me watching, even if it's not a story I'll remember. At least they have Anemone and Hol Horse here to keep me entertained, and a surprisingly good OP and ED.

Bubuki Buranki (3). mediocre.

I like to judge spectacle anime not by the action, but by the inevitable bits where they feel they need to slow things down for a while. The good ones use this time to flesh out the side characters, and build camaraderie and resolve in their factions. The lame ones do what this episode did instead, infodumping what we already know, having pointless squabbles over nothing, and generally NOT doing what the story should be doing instead. For example, why didn't they skip this BS here and just have the kids have to learn to use teamwork on their own in order to fly to the island, while we learn about their reasons for fighting, with the MC's resolve to get to his mother right away inspiring them to set aside their differences? Then they could even end on a really nice cliffhanger where they realize just how bad things are on the island, and perhaps realize that MC's partly to blame for it all, and so on. It's Storytelling 101 stuff. Instead things slowed down and we learned nothing significant about anyone. Then they had the gall to end things with a cliffhanger where we finally get a taste of what we should have been seeing throughout the entire episode. Way to break momentum and immersion for nothing, guys.

Teekyuu 7 (3). good.

I found more jokes funny in this ep than usual, especially the echos and the 4.5-tatami summit. It felt like the jokes were more creative than random this time.

Dimension W (3). mediocre.

What a load of slapped-together horseshit this anime is so far. Way to waste an episode on "winding down" despite having done nothing of real consequence in the plot yet. So dig this: we finally learn something about Robo Mary Sue -- oh wait, no we don't. We just watch her get her first paycheck, buy her first apartment, and then save some of the dumbest kids I've seen in an anime for a long time... all so that anyone who's been sleep-watching this show knows for sure that she's indeed a robot. This also leads to a laughably contrived meeting with some New Tesla COO where we learn more superficial crap, and the episode ends by showing us some random rich dude dying in some random mansion. Whoa, I'd best lie down until my head stops spinning from all of this plot progression and characterization. Seriously, we must have learned a half-dozen new labels for things in this episode, and had three or four things reiterated just in case we're total idiots. Maybe next episode we'll actually see what the hell it means to be a "beast of Grendel" or what shady designs New Tesla has for Dead-Eyes McGee. I can't wait for Robo Mary Sue to have to save him from them, despite him always treating her like shit, thus proving that friendship is the most powerful coil of all or some other garbage. And what are Numbers? Why, they're just rare powerful coils! Le gasp!

Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut (1). awkward.

It was suggested to me to watch this again, but from the perspective of it being "so bad it's good", or some kind of genre parody. Well, it's neither, but then it's kind of efficient in it's lameness (for this episode, at least). This was 22 minutes of tired cliches being delivered constantly, and it's a very weird feeling to know almost everything that'll happen despite the plot being so jumpy and random. I guess there's some limited novelty from that perspective, but that's not exactly a plus - it really just makes the series awkward, especially when the tsundere apparently masturbates in the bath after she fights with based MC. Ultimately I wouldn't say this was "fun" as much as "not un-fun", if that makes any sense. I still can't recommend it as anything more than a curiosity though, unless you live and breathe these kinds of light novel adaptations.