Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Anyone know any good anime movies that are newer and unique? Something like Garden of Words but it can also be action oriented too. Anything unique. I'm waiting for the Boy and the Beast and Boruto(not so unique lol) but I want something else to watch and I dont feel like starting a series atm

Code geass: boukuko no akito is great. You don't need to have watched code geass to watch these movies.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Anyone know any good anime movies that are newer and unique? Something like Garden of Words but it can also be action oriented too. Anything unique. I'm waiting for the Boy and the Beast and Boruto(not so unique lol) but I want something else to watch and I dont feel like starting a series atm 

Assuming you've only seen garden of words, watch 5 centimeters per second.

Action i was recommended Kara no Kyoukai movies, haven't seen em yet though.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

not sure these are what you are looking for but here are a few

Mardock Scramble

5 Centimeters per Second

Wolf Children

Summer Wars

Code Geass: Akito the Exiled

Code geass: boukuko no akito is great. You don't need to have watched code geass to watch these movies.

Assuming you've only seen garden of words, watch 5 centimeters per second.

Action i was recommended Kara no Kyoukai movies, haven't seen em yet though.

not sure these are what you are looking for but here are a few

Mardock Scramble

5 Centimeters per Second

Wolf Children

Summer Wars

Code Geass: Akito the Exiled

Thanks guys for all the reccomendations! I will be sure to check these out might start out with 5 Centimeters per Second. Also I watched the Kara no Kyoukai movies and kinda found em meh but i love Fate from Type Moon's stuff

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Anyone know of a manga called Koe no Katachi? Being adapted into a movie by Kyoto Animation. Wondering if it's good since I don't read manga.

Madhouse makes a lot of anime. Any studio that puts out Chihayafuru and Tatami Galaxy can be forgiven for making shit like Mahouka and Overlord too. Their track record is probably the best of all the major studios (now that Brains Base have devolved).

My point is there is no perfect studio. And hyping something every time just because it's from X, Y or Z studio is going to lead to disappointment sooner or later.

I was like that with KyoAni, (speaking of which) until they had a serious dark age between Hyouka and Hibike (and the latter still wasn't good enough to convince me they're through it)

It just leads to bummer after bummer if you expect a studio to be amazing all the time. With Madhouse fans though, it's gone so far that many act like it's a cult, and the resulting difference is admittance - they won't actually admit something like Death Parade is bad even when they think it is, scared to become a pariah or some shit. I've seen this shit happen with my own eyes. It's absurd, and it needs to stop.

I blame it 110% on Reddit and 4chan.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Anyone know of a manga called Koe no Katachi? Being adapted into a movie by Kyoto Animation. Wondering if it's good since I don't read manga.

My point is there is no perfect studio. And hyping something every time just because it's from X, Y or Z studio is going to lead to disappointment sooner or later.

I was like that with KyoAni, (speaking of which) until they had a serious dark age between Hyouka and Hibike (and the latter still wasn't good enough to convince me they're through it)

It just leads to bummer after bummer if you expect a studio to be amazing all the time. With Madhouse fans though, it's gone so far that many act like it's a cult, and the resulting difference is admittance - they won't actually admit something like Death Parade is bad even when they think it is, scared to become a pariah or some shit. I've seen this shit happen with my own eyes. It's absurd, and it needs to stop.

I blame it 110% on Reddit and 4chan.

I find it hard to expect a studio to only make good things for the reason that most of the time it isn't their story and they are not fully in control of art direction.

It's well-regarded by its fans, but I'm not sure if it's the type of thing KyoAni will handle well. This is their chance to surprise and show that they can adapt to other designs and styles than the one they've been almost solely relying on since K-On.

Yeah, I figured that's what you meant. It's just that there's a good reason Madhouse has fans, even if some of them aren't fans so much as cultists (the same exists with any major studio, though... just look at KyoAni).

@TheGingerKid @helping

980 ti classified for $500?

Pictures of it look good.

Wondering if I should jump on this before it dissapears.

I'd go for it, but your CPU is going to be a bottleneck in a lot of games.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I'd go for it, but your CPU is going to be a bottleneck in a lot of games.

I realize that. One part at a time. Its still good enough for me though.

Blarg

I realize that. One part at a time. Its still good enough for me though.

clearly not the best cpu but I wouldn't be all that concerned about it really

clearly not the best cpu but I wouldn't be all that concerned about it really

Its not the best I can have right now but I still get reasonable framerate in every game I have played. Nothing under 30. Great for photo and video editing though.

Blarg

Wow... Again? What are the chances of a liver transplant?

AFAIK a liver transplant wouldn`t help because the cancer is metastasized. :(

I live.

we all assumed that you'd gone and accidentally offed yourself trying to throw your PC off a cliff since you can't do anything involving a computer right

1vcjA3z.png

10/10, dropped 2 hours ago 

muh bassline

Error: 410

we all assumed that you'd gone and accidentally offed yourself trying to throw your PC off a cliff since you can't do anything involving a computer right

Maybe he did that and returned as a zombie.