Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

I think first gen is all I saw of digimon.

Nobody ever played here either. just collected.

that was why I dropped pokemon and moved to magic but in high school I just gave all my magic cards to some random kid I didn't know because he was playing magic and I no longer did

I think first gen is all I saw of digimon.

Nobody ever played here either. just collected.

Same thing here, we all had cards and stuff, but no1 played.

I remember really watching 1st and 3rd, i saw some of the 2nd but i stopped liking it, and when i liked it back it was already the 3rd season in CN.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

that was why I dropped pokemon and moved to magic but in high school I just gave all my magic cards to some random kid I didn't know because he was playing magic and I no longer did

Same thing here, we all had cards and stuff, but no1 played.

I remember really watching 1st and 3rd, i saw some of the 2nd but i stopped liking it, and when i liked it back it was already the 3rd season in CN.

I still have a few cards somewhere. Some German and some Japanese. Original series cards if I remember right.

Blarg

Speaking of anime, I finally managed to watch some again.

Teekyuu 6 (2). mediocre.

More random stuff. Not much to say about Teekyuu when it gets this way. I just don't have any interest in it for episodes like this.

Kagewani (2). decent.

Well, they're certainly managing to overcome their short format and limited budget, but whether it's amounting to anything is the real problem here. The horror elements are being done quite well (especially for a budget anime). There are rushed moments and minor plotholes and the stories are pretty cliched, but it's managing to at least strike a nice tone and pace itself surprisingly well. The lead's a big question mark, as it feels like he has no real purpose in the anime so far, but there are hints of an overarching plot developing, so maybe this is just a shaky start and he'll stop getting in the way of the stories and add to them eventually. I hope so, otherwise it would mar an otherwise serviceable "monster of the week" horror story show.

One Punch Man (2). decent.

There really isn't much to this show, is there? It has a hollow feeling that at least suits the mood of the main character, but I'm not sure if that will be enough. I mean this is basically another Fist of the North Star or Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, only not as entertaining. So far the comedy's flat, the parody is weak, and the visual presentation is about the only draw. The entire second half of this episode felt more like a ripoff of Sunred than an affectionate homage, and everything has this worn-out and predictable feeling to it that doesn't really strike me as creative.

Utawarerumono 2 (1). decent.

If ever there was an episode that would benefit from sticking to a tone, it would be this one. I mean, in one scene we're supposed to be laughing at goofy slapstick and clown characters, and in the next we're supposed to be in the middle of a tense fight, and then swords break and reappear, and then more character humor followed by somber funeral rites? Pretty lame. That said, this episode was a solid bit of world building when it wasn't trying way too hard to be a lame comedy show. I can only imagine how much better this would have been if they settled on a down to earth and serious Mushishi style atmosphere and used comedy only for the bare minimum of levity.

Noragami Aragoto (2). decent.

This was pretty dull and forced setup, all things considered. Aside from the over-expository dialogue, it was obnoxious how much they're putting down Yato again (apparently that's the only levity they can come up with), while also steamrolling ahead with Yukine's character. The kid's reforming faster than a DBZ villain who's been blown apart. I liked the general idea of him making a friend who helps him come out of his shell... and then they ruined it. Way to rob Yukine of a chance for actual character growth, and make that "the living will forget us" stuff feel like a cheap plot point. To their credit they did partly recover after that fumble, but there's just nothing interesting about generic villains doing generic villain stuff. How about instead of all this crap comedy and fanservice, you give your villains some actual motivations? Heck, if I'm supposed to care about what happens to Bishamon, it would be nice to give her a character to care about besides a bunch of nude shots and generic stuff about her caring about her servants.

Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (2). decent.

I dig that this anime is trying to tell a story with a large cast, and that it's trying to characterize them as efficiently as possible, but it suffers from a big problem: the adults are more childish than the children. It's lazy writing in a show that otherwise demonstrates an understanding of how to tell a story. The show's clearly about kids who are mature before their time, and they're doing a great job showing that aspect of them, but they're also falling into that horrible trap of making the adults incredibly immature, too. There are maybe three adults in a sea of characters here who act like actual adults rather than cartoony mustache-twirling villains. It's hack writing. And it's completely unnecessary - those same adults should have already died in the previous episode, having been outwitted by the kids. But apparently they wanted to repeat that with a mutiny episode for some pointless reason. Hope they're not out of ideas already...

Concrete Revolutio (2). good.

Any show that has a dipshit kid-like character is generally not my thing, but they actually managed to do something I didn't expect with it. I can't say it was pleasant, and it was a bit on the trite side, but it was also ultimately pretty interesting where they took it. It makes me forgive them their need to be quirky, especially the flash-forward gimmick they're still using; it's really not that strange once you get used to it, and certainly is no more annoying that anime's constant abuse of flashbacks. The bottom line is that I'm not sure how to judge this anime yet. It's probably the weirdest one airing this season, but it shows signs of actual creativity and a story that may eventually pay off. I certainly have my doubts as to whether it will pay off, of course, but there's not exactly a lot to stake my hopes on this season. At the very least it makes for an interesting show to watch along with One Punch Man.

Kowabon (2). disappointing.

That's it? Really? Um, ok. If I wanted such lazy jump scares I'd just watch the latest episode of that boring Paranormal Activities show that they only air in theaters. Dropped.

Young Black Jack (2). bad.

Talk about a complete 180 on opinions, huh? I was hoping that the prequel for Black Jack would be a little more of a backstory, not just this campy junk. The first episode got a pass for me because it felt like it was working toward that goal, and it was just rolling with the campy style of an old-school show. But this? Wow, where do I begin with how lame this episode was? Let's just say that it was so stuffed with BS that I could only ever hope to enjoy it on a superficial level, and even then it was a complete failure for me. It was contrived to the breaking point at almost every turn in the story, and so cartoony that it felt like a farce or outright parody of Black Jack, not a prequel to it. Either this isn't Tezuka's finest offering, or the anime really dropped the ball here... and I'm dropping it in turn.

One Week Friends manga (c34). medicore.

Well, that felt like a waste of time. Kujou checked up on Fujimiya's issues, and Hase is "back to normal". Could have summed that up in a short omake rather than wasting an entire chapter. Oh well. At least they snuck in a bit with Saki and Shougo, I guess.

Letter Bee manga (c88). decent.

That's more like it. They're finally revealing things in the build-up to (what seems like) the finale, and it's starting to get a little easier to feel invested again. I can't say I'm pumped for what feels like a typical ending to this type of story, and I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't parallel Lag's condition with Noir's more cleverly, but at least they're getting on with things. The only real problem I had was with the artwork - it felt rather basic and unemotional somehow. Maybe that's just me, though. It has been a long day of meh anime and manga.

One Week Friends manga (c34). medicore.

Well, that felt like a waste of time. Kujou checked up on Fujimiya's issues, and Hase is "back to normal". Could have summed that up in a short omake rather than wasting an entire chapter. Oh well. At least they snuck in a bit with Saki and Shougo, I guess.

As a fan of the anime I will say I feel like that is how it always goes with one week friends

As a fan of the anime I will say I feel like that is how it always goes with one week friends

I guess, but this chapter felt rather insubstantial compared to most.

~QNIX~

Now, I just need loli stickers.  xD

Aww yes.

Korean monitors FTW. 

Who'd you buy it from? Dream-seller is pretty awesome in my experience, really helpful when I emailed them, but I've also heard good things about green-sum.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

@Laputacake heres those pics you wanted of my ambient lighting and what not 

http://imgur.com/gallery/7UzXG

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Let me know if it is like that or not.

Well i just finished it. Its roughly 60/40 with 40 being new content. it is definitely worth watching as long as your have seen the anime first. I seen the anime over a year ago and i remember it like i just seen it and now and this movie brings back the most emotional parts of the show, that being said if you havent seen the show then you wont get the emotional parts. i shed man tears again dammit. It does draw to a nice conclusion and shows how everyone is doing a year later so i say it accomplished its goal. 

Also a very minor spoiler that some may notice but most will not is that the shine pic in the family home changed slightly from what it was before. To me it seems like she got their message.(you will get this after you watch it) didnt want to through any major spoilers in there

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Well i just finished it. Its roughly 60/40 with 40 being new content. it is definitely worth watching as long as your have seen the anime first. I seen the anime over a year ago and i remember it like i just seen it and now and this movie brings back the most emotional parts of the show, that being said if you havent seen the show then you wont get the emotional parts. i shed man tears again dammit. It does draw to a nice conclusion and shows how everyone is doing a year later so i say it accomplished its goal. 

Also a very minor spoiler that some may notice but most will not is that the shine pic in the family home changed slightly from what it was before. To me it seems like she got their message.(you will get this after you watch it) didnt want to through any major spoilers in there

Yeah i've seen the anime ofcourse.

I might give it a try, i'm interested in the "how everyone is doing a year later". Not in the mood for shedding man tears though, but i'll keep that in mind.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

No work.

They just couldnt keep up?

44ed83cd99.jpg

fixed :P 

i was just playing armored warfare 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

MAL's new layout is making me feel dizzy. 

I just noticed it too lol.

I like how I can finally add more than 5 anime's to my favorites, and it looks pretty good imo.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K OC @ 4.4 GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79 | GPU: 2x SLI Gigabyte GTX 760 | RAM: Mushkin Redline 2x4GB 1866 | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 750W | Storage: A-Data XPG 120GB  & WD Blue 1TB | OS: Arch GNU/Linux || PC Part Picker & 3D Mark Score

This must be my movie madness week or something... first the 2nd kyoukai movie then FMA movie then psycho pass movie and now anohana... Im exhausting my movie supply...

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

His eyes are just dots... 

SlIUAbn.jpg

what anime is that screenshot of if you don't mind me asking. i feel as though i have seen that scene before but i cant remember it for the life of me

what anime is that screenshot of if you don't mind me asking. i feel as though i have seen that scene before but i cant remember it for the life of me

I'm sure @helping knows. 

Biyori/Reimu

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Non Non Biyori ? not 100% sure lol 

Spoiler
Spoiler

I'm sure @helping knows. 

Biyori/Reimu

Non Non Biyori ? not 100% sure lol 

Weird lol havent seen either, but i could swear ive seen that character before lol maybe i saw it in an amv or something idk 

the touhou fan art never seizes to amaze me... 

the touhou fan art never seizes to amaze me... 

ceases*

I am operational again. Now, time to finish Vision of Escaflowne & watch this week's episode of Moonbeam City.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.