Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

I just realised that I never formally introduced myself on this thread, which is awfully remiss of me! You might have seen me popping up in other sections of the forums, but up until this point I could never muster the courage to dive into this particular thread- I mean, it's 3176 pages long and you all seem like awesome people! Scary much? However, here I am at last and having a blast :)

I guess a little background would be nice. Anime fan since I was a kid growing up on YuGiOh, Avatar and the like, but have really gotten into it over the last few years after I realised the sheer size of the genre. Favourite movie would have to be 5 Centimeters Per Second, purely on the basis that it was first anime I watched that made me go "Wow...this looks stunning, and I'm more invested in these characters after an hour than I am in most Hollywood protagonists five movies in!"...and that was the 2007 dub! Was pretty much a gateway that made me look into anime more seriously. Other favourites are The Place Promised in Our Early Days, Journey to Agartha and Garden of Words (picking up a theme here?), but anything goes.

Favourite series is usually whatever I am watching at any given moment, but for pure feels and enjoyment I would have to give the Fate series the number one spot. Other than that, I tend to side with more emotional storylines over action, and I've never really watched any of the long running series, but I'm really not picky.

So yeah...that's me! I'm on holiday at the moment, which has given me far more time than usual to catch up on my list, but am getting ready to get back to work next week- boo! Looking forward to hanging out and shooting the breeze with you guys :)

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

Welcome to the company! Give @Chronos5618 your classic greetings people!

1bd21bf54450ac869f9addd0f243dc0845893dcf

Which one 0______________0

U6sikT4.jpg

2wb6JWI.jpg

I'd pick these two.

sample_20696898d4b04eda68d592dab7eb39632

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Which one 0______________0

WhhZY6y.jpg

U6sikT4.jpg

iuUETJV.jpg

O1AZD4f.jpg

2wb6JWI.jpg

JNTLZBo.jpg

0y53XWo.jpg

NU1NGbV.jpg

cRza2un.jpg

2, 3, 7, 8 are the only ones worth caring about

the rest a shit

bias towards 3, 2 has too much going on in it IMO

@Jaybird @Skybane directly relevant to a previous discussion

At 47 mins in HDDs at altitudes

I speculated something was up with pressure difference, confirmed.

Error: 410

So. This is starting to look cool. Star Marine. Star Citizen's FPS portion.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/136984678

Dat fluid motion.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/135086893

Dat economy

ECONOMICS! Glorious thing in Star Citizen is that they have a dynamic economy! Not static!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

For my desktop....

I chose these from the couple hundred i have... don't know which one to use.

@cesrai All are 4k too.... the second one is really nice, might be my favorite for now.

Welcome to the company! Give @Chronos5618 your classic greetings people!

I'd pick these two.

Same ... The second one and the fifth is just too good ... 

I prefer the second one because of the badassness that it shows ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

@Chronos5618 : Hi ...

sMfvv8b.gif

But seriously , hello ! 

This is our national anthem : 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

@Zayzo : On second thoughts ... If you're gonna have icons on your screen , it's best to go with the 3rd and 5th one because it has space for that ... 

Of course I would pick Cowboy Bebop because it's badass , the other one is probably Fred's favourite ... 

@Zayzo : On second thoughts ... If you're gonna have icons on your screen , it's best to go with the 3rd and 5th one because it has space for that ... 

Of course I would pick Cowboy Bebop because it's badass , the other one is probably Fred's favourite ... 

I have no desktop icons :D

But seriously , hello ! 

This is our national anthem : 

LMAO :L I shall make sure to learn it right away!

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

@Chronos5618

Hi, I'm the lowest ranked member here ( don't even try to steal my rank ).

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

its catchy so it shouldn't take to long

I am already humming it to myself as a I work ;)

@Chronos5618

Hi, I'm the lowest ranked member here ( don't even try to steal my rank ).

Noted...though how I can avoid this I don't really know ;) Ranking sounds very serious!

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

Noted...though how I can avoid this I don't really know ;) Ranking sounds very serious!

good good

I think the ranking system is used more like the "carrot or stick approach" to keep people in line

Well I achieved that by spamming ( a lot of people have done it and it happens from time to time but somehow I manged to piss off a lot of people ) and I was hostile ( that's something I did mistake as I worded my posts very badly and a lot of people here are sensitive ).

So don't spam, don't be hostile as much as possible and read the rules in the first page/CoC.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Well I achieved that by spamming ( a lot of people have done it and it happens from time to time but somehow I manged to piss off a lot of people ) and I was hostile ( that's something I did mistake as I worded my posts very badly and a lot of people here are sensitive ).

So don't spam, don't be hostile as much as possible and read the rules in the first page/CoC.

Then hopefully there won't be any problems. I'm a lover, not a fighter. Just here to kick back and share a common interest with a lovely group of individuals via the miracle of the internets :) Thanks for the warning though.

I played a couple of hours of Dengeki Bunko:Fighting Climax at the last anime con I went to on the arcade machine.

I will be honest what got my attention was seeing Shana as a character so I used my ninja skills to get in front of the line to be next. :ph34r:  Not really I waited.

But yeah it was really fun and after just a few rounds I learned how to use Shana with Wilhelmina Carmel as my support and I was unstoppable for about 3 matches.

When this game is released in the US I'm going to steal my cousins ps3 and buy it. Anyone else play it yet? Mikoto Mikasa is on it so that is also another awesome thing. What do you think about that @eelnico09

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I definitely will. I have been able to play a few PSOne classics that I had missed thanks to now owning a Vita.

That reminds me- Do any of you have any PSOne JRPG recommendations? I probably won't play them if they aren't a JRPG so don't bother recommending unless they are exceptional.

@Vitalius I think you have mentioned a few in the past.

Also WTF I click more reply options and I get a captcha. I complete it and it links to the forum front page.

I'll put a * beside ones I consider "exceptional":

Final Fantasy Tactics*

Arc the Lad collection

Azure Dreams*

Breathe of Fire 3 & 4

Chrono Cross 

King's Field 1 & 2 (not exactly a JRPG, as it's the predecessor to Demon's Souls, but it's First Person, so western style JRPG)

Legend of Mana*

Tactics Ogre*

Legend of Dragoon*

Vagrant Story*

Valkyrie Profile

Here's a list if you want to look at ones you'd think you'd like to try.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I played a couple of hours of Dengeki Bunko:Fighting Climax at the last anime con I went to on the arcade machine.

I will be honest what got my attention was seeing Shana as a character so I used my ninja skills to get in front of the line to be next. :ph34r:  Not really I waited.

But yeah it was really fun and after just a few rounds I learned how to use Shana with Wilhelmina Carmel as my support and I was unstoppable for about 3 matches.

When this game is released in the US I'm going to steal my cousins ps3 and buy it. Anyone else play it yet? Mikoto Mikasa is on it so that is also another awesome thing. What do you think about that @eelnico09

Is this the game

Looks suprisingly well done, also mikasa's voice is ether the exact same of the anime or a very similar one, that's really good. Would definately play that. Though if it's not on PC then i'll cry.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Some of these characters I don't really get

The hell is kirino and kuroneko gonna do to you? Verbally assault you to death?

Mashiro has a plague of debilitating downs?

also academy city duo, u gon get rekt

Would definately play that. Though if it's not on PC then i'll cry.

I didn't google this title beyond the wiki, but with 99% confidence I implore you to help yourself to some tissues.

kleenex-lotion-tissues-upright-box.png

Error: 410

I'll put a * beside ones I consider "exceptional":

Here's a list if you want to look at ones you'd think you'd like to try.

Thanks!

There are a few of those that I definitely need to play.

I actually started vagrant story a couple of days ago and damn its pretty good so far.

One thing I've noticed is that the camera angles on the PSOne are a lot more palatable in third person games then they were on the N64 at least with vagrant story.

Edit: I meant don't recommend non-jrpgs unless they are exceptional. I'll probably play most jrpg recommendations.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

pulling an all nighter to get something done

crashing before it's even done

uXAglfH.png

i just had to

Been there my friend. What was it for?

I didn't google this title beyond the wiki, but with 99% confidence I implore you to help yourself to some tissues.

I can't copy and paste here enough crying gifs to express the sadness...

Damn, i had faith in humanity, it's gone now...

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

14b52fabd6.jpg

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14