Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Isn't that the correct character though? A newbie facing success and challenges at the same time would be inclined to feel a mix of "I got this" and "I have no idea what I'm doing." When you would first start something the tiny amounts of confidence you can build is easily crushed.

she figures out that it's the job she wants by the end, which I would considered the end of a dynamic character (resolute vs wishy-washy as you mentioned earlier). If anything I'm more disappointed in the other characters who seem to have their own struggles but are handled not much more differently than a standard flat character.

It's not HER being wishy-washy that bugs me, that part's fine. It's the writing that's wishy-washy to me. The reason it's open to interpretation at all is that the writers don't firmly establish her character or how she grows, but rather leave her in a kinda vague limbo where you can't quite tell what she is beyond "hard working protagonist gal". Which is fine, I guess, but hardly makes her a memorable character to me.

However you slice it, I think characterization is the biggest problem in the anime, though it's not terrbile - I just wish they did better in that department, as it would have elevated a B or B+ anime to an A or A+ anime.

So, I just found out that the animated movie Heavy Metal was made in Canada. Wow. That's... like the least Canadian thing I can think of. 

If anyone is curious where I found this out, there is a video on Youtube listing FadedDragonTear's (the youtuber) top 5 animated Adult (e.g. drug use, death/gore, etc.) American films. It has a warning. Heed it. Just Google those terms to find it. Ralph Bakshi made all of them.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Finally got my ass up and actually started to watch something for the first time in 2 months, and as a cold start I thought it was a good idea to start with Nichijou... Aaaand I'm literally rolling on the floor in laughter (literally, as it takes no effort for me to roll: was watching on my bed, and my bed is just a mattress on the floor... Go figure).

Probably not the best choice for cold start, but... Going with it.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

@LukaP it's from soul eater, don't worry about it, it's shit

Thank you baby :*

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I'm Out. I'll only post to update build/mod logs.

And now i will run away:

If you are going to be a smartass make sure youre right

PS: before you yell at me I'll post to things that interest me...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Unrelated to that whole thing, I think this sums up average anime weirdness pretty well.

http://a.pomf.se/exlemn.webm

That's a .webm that's 1 minute and 3 seconds long.

Right click it and click "unmute" and "show controls".

Apparently the host website (pomf.se) has no limit on .webm or .gif duration, but does have a limit on upload size. Enjoy.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

THIS IS GOLD. I DON'T KNOW WHY. 

-snip-

post-155826-0-80655100-1429646117.jpg

Why do I find this funny? XP

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Im back

remember me from 200 pages ago?

Watched yusoga no sora, really fucking good, but LOTS of fanservice (which isn't a bad thing) :^)

"A white guy learning japanese to read anime and manga is like an Indian learning english to watch child beauty pageants." -Anon

MAL

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/cheesyhoney

Im back

remember me from 200 pages ago?

Watched yusoga no sora, really fucking good, but LOTS of fanservice (which isn't a bad thing) :^)

You didn't die! I was wondering what happened to you a few days ago.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

I was suspended lol then didn't come back

Better start behaving then.

Anyway...

@Vitalius ok back!

And yeah SoundCloud does have that weird shit, and "repeat only 1 song" and its annoying as hell.

I actually messaged them this morning about it because really, lacking basic features like repeat and the fact it goes on its own outside your playlist is just retarded.

no answer yet....I´ll se if i can find something better.

At lest the Music Quality is pretty good over there :)

Behaving is hard ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'll just let your imagination run with this one:

¯\(ツ)/¯
_/(ツ)\_

† Christian Member †

This is odd, depending on the thread zappian is on their avatar changes resolution. That or im going insane.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

If you are going to be a smartass make sure youre right

I'll have you know smartass is a very good android kernel governor.

You guys just wait and see

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

kek

MFW have more warning points than posts

RIP

Oh baby a triple. Also, welcome back

Steve