Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Hes kinda limited since he is modifying an already existing keyboard. Most additional things other than letters will be in a Fn layer from the looks of it. 40% is actually a huge leap from 60% and will take learning a remapping of the layout until it perfect for the user.

Ah, I see.. I thought he had more control to change the displayed keybindings, not just map a few of the unmapped keys. Well, whatever works...

Shift layers are a royal pain in the butt, especially if the Shifted keys are in non-standard places, so if you haven't done so then I'd put a bit of research into how often you type the characters that aren't on here (just grab stuff you typically write and see if you type characters more often than you think). For instance, maybe getting rid of the right-side Shift and Print keys in favor of Enter, colon/semicolon, or even brackets might be better. Or reducing the width of the Fn key and having a double-size Enter in place of the Print, for instance.

im limited in options for the switch layout. Im starting with a parts keyboard for the plate as it is

this is where my 40% is coming from with a little modding to add a 2 unit in for the space bar lol

dOjeZFJ.png

fixed

i may have cut that one key short on the right lol

when you do a 24 batch on xdcc so you can watch the first ep while the rest download but the bot doesn't limit simultaneous uploads so the first episode gets slower and slower as it keeps piling the transfers up

First-World-Problems.jpg

relentless pinging ffs

Error: 410

Ah, I see.. I thought he had more control to change the displayed keybindings, not just map a few of the unmapped keys. Well, whatever works...

He can remap what any of the keys do without problem. H just cant change the physical layout.

when you do a 24 batch on xdcc so you can watch the first ep while the rest download but the bot doesn't limit simultaneous uploads so the first episode gets slower and slower as it keeps piling the transfers up

First-World-Problems.jpg

relentless pinging ffs

you should have known better...

you should have known better...

i didn't think ahead lol I just pulled some random off nibl

Wow, I had time to watch stuff tonight. Didn't expect that.

Teekyu S4 (3).

This was a legendary episode, to be sure. That joke aside, Teekyu was just a bit random this time, and the punchlines kinda flat... but the ep was still oddly amusing. Good ol' Teekyu. Can always count on it to be a squidding good time.

Takamiya Nasuno Desu! (3).

It felt strangely weird for them to cameo the Teekyu girls in their own spinoff, but this episode had very little other than a funny eagle joke to rely on so why not? I just wonder if they're running out of ideas already with this...

GitS: Arise - Alternative Architecture (3).

The intro to this episode was really awkward to me, almost like they felt it necessary to force the "Major met everyone she knows at the point of a gun" running gag. But after that, things solidified a bit and became more convincing. Except of course for the fact that the Major tried the most elementary investigative tactics, so I had to pretend it was a sign of a massive cover-up rather than gross incompetence. Thankfully at the least that much seems to check out, though it rendered the story a bit plain and by-the-numbers. Of course this series has a flare for pacing that works well if you can keep up with it, plus it tosses in just enough nice action and sci-fi to boot, so even its slower and flimsier episodes should be fine. If they can manage to turn the typical twist the next-episode-preview showed into something compelling, then they'll be in good shape.

Shirobako (20).

It was bound to happen that they'd have a rudimentary "why do you make anime?" episode, but thankfully this one was bearable. It would be far more interesting if it was part of a character's search for their own fulfillment, and a running thread throughout the series, but Shirobako's all about themes-of-the-week so this is as good as it'll get. But my goodwill evaporates the moment they force their drama. I mean, could you at least humanize your mild antagonists and not just make them dour and/or useless? Like with the wannabe writer - she's a good character. But for every decent character there's a Kunogi, or a male who's written in such a twee fashion that he isn't convincing. What they really need is a character arc or two that isn't simplistic, rather than the same kinds of drama over and over. It worked last episode, but this one lacked such an emotional throughline.

Shirobako (21).

Oh boy, I hope they can make this work. Miyamori's characterization is really wishy-washy lately, and the stuff with Hiraoka just got weird. So now he's a perfectionist who's lost hope in his field? Odd. I could have sworn he was a shiftless ass with no confidence in his company, or was just a lazy drifter. But at least he finally has some sort of character to match his abrasive attitude, I guess. This kind of choppy storytelling is a mild disappointment to me, but I can handle it. I just hope they don't steer this ship into the iceberg because I really want this series to end on a good, solid note. Right now I dread the inevitable melodramatic stressful period that's sure to come, and the goofy happy ending.

In other news another package arrived. Only one package is missing now, once I get it then we can start the giveaway!

Are any of them Denon AH-D2000's?

In other news another package arrived. Only one package is missing now, once I get it then we can start the giveaway! 

What will show up first? Your final box or my modmic that shipped today? 

Watched the first episode of Knights of Sidonia season 2. Seems interesting.

Blarg

Shirobako (20).

It was bound to happen that they'd have a rudimentary "why do you make anime?" episode, but thankfully this one was bearable. It would be far more interesting if it was part of a character's search for their own fulfillment, and a running thread throughout the series, but Shirobako's all about themes-of-the-week so this is as good as it'll get. But my goodwill evaporates the moment they force their drama. I mean, could you at least humanize your mild antagonists and not just make them dour and/or useless? Like with the wannabe writer - she's a good character. But for every decent character there's a Kunogi, or a male who's written in such a twee fashion that he isn't convincing. What they really need is a character arc or two that isn't simplistic, rather than the same kinds of drama over and over. It worked last episode, but this one lacked such an emotional throughline.

Shirobako (21).

Oh boy, I hope they can make this work. Miyamori's characterization is really wishy-washy lately, and the stuff with Hiraoka just got weird. So now he's a perfectionist who's lost hope in his field? Odd. I could have sworn he was a shiftless ass with no confidence in his company, or was just a lazy drifter. But at least he finally has some sort of character to match his abrasive attitude, I guess. This kind of choppy storytelling is a mild disappointment to me, but I can handle it. I just hope they don't steer this ship into the iceberg because I really want this series to end on a good, solid note. Right now I dread the inevitable melodramatic stressful period that's sure to come, and the goofy happy ending.

I'll go ahead and spoil it, they technically achieve the goal set in the first episode (though not their original) and it ends on a high note, extremely open ended, room for a 2nd season, and set up for a 2nd season (IIRC)

later episodes focus on the stress around Hiraoka getting his shit together. I imagine you, like me, will probably roll your eyes a bit during the last episode, especially when they set out to deliver the final product to the broadcasting networks. 

I don't really know how to rate it. Is it more like a documentary? There wasn't very much drama, there wasn't much comedy. I suppose it was entertaining but it doesn't have any rewatch value. What do you mean about Miyamori? Seemed to be a fairly consistent character and reacted to stress in a normal way.

from an alternate perspective, it was extremely successful as it's quite literally an anime about making anime, nothing more nothing less. Seemed like a "no-frills" type anime where they met the content and creation goal (speaking realistically, not in the anime) and for better or worse didn't try to make it anything more than that. Character interactions seemed fairly plausible and they didn't (or at least I didn't pick up on) them pushing any strong morals or messages aside from maybe through Shizuka.

Sure there was a bit of forced drama, but I don't think that or the character design was excessively unreasonable. Working in that type of industry you'd be bound to meet some interesting people anyway.

It was educational at the very least.

What will show up first? Your final box or my modmic that shipped today? 

Watched the first episode of Knights of Sidonia season 2. Seems interesting.

I'm sure it will.

Are any of them Denon AH-D2000's?

Jeez whats with you and those headphones? Whats the sound signature on them?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

-snip-

Jeez whats with you and those headphones? Whats the sound signature on them?

It had to be something so I picked them. Full but flat as a pancake.

I still remember I couldn't understand what was happening in the first minutes of Black Rock shooter only until later. Still a great movie Though

Black%E2%98%85Rock.Shooter.%28Character%

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

I feel like I've asked what anime this is before, but I'll ask again. What anime is that?

@Daegun I think it's from Gugure! Kokkuri-San

if you've got a decent IPS compare these areas and it's easily visible.

VGLGplG.jpg

the 2nd one has issues but still not as obvious

I don't think I would be able to notice the difference when the video is running. How in the world did you notice this?  :huh:

Hat-Started-Talking.png

gXbRAL9.gif

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

hey-kids-wanna-buy-some-democracy.jpg

Yay. TouHou monyez.

Ah, this never gets old...

060903.jpg

The game is ChromeHounds btw. 

Note everyone that this giveaway =/= the giveaway I'm talking about. 

... Yay. multiple giveaways!

@Vitalius

Forgot, Tired, sleepy. 

K

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Just completed upto episode 9 of Assassination Classroom. I must say it's a lot like Great Teacher Onizuka. The only difference is there is no assassination or super powers in GTO. I even thought that it was written by the same person.

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

Just completed upto episode 9 of Assassination Classroom. I must say it's a lot like Great Teacher Onizuka. The only difference is there is no assassination or super powers in GTO. I even thought that it was written by the same person.

You know what they say: Write what you know.

It's funny. I think it'd be great if famous mangakas wrote stories like what they've written before, but slightly different, like what you described. Write every possible iteration of the same story. It'd be like the Endless Eight, only less monotonous, but only just so. 

Another thing: I'm hoping that One Piece's ending is different from what everyone expects. It's like Oda writes this highly predictable story all the way up to the ending, then throws the most unexpected and long coming Curve Ball in Manga history. It's so unexpected, people don't believe it's the real ending at first, for example.

I'm just saying. It'd be great for novelty alone. 

It's funny, because it may actually be that way. The ending for One Piece is apparently already written and he's just trying to get there at this point. It's apparently so good (in his opinion) that getting to write that ending is what drives him to continue writing One Piece even to this day. 

Here's to hoping for a remake of One Piece that has less filler and better animation (seriously, wtf Toei). 

Better plot twist: The remake is animated by Shaft. ... OK, I'm just dreaming at this point.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I don't really know how to rate it. Is it more like a documentary? There wasn't very much drama, there wasn't much comedy. I suppose it was entertaining but it doesn't have any rewatch value. What do you mean about Miyamori? Seemed to be a fairly consistent character and reacted to stress in a normal way.

A season two tease? But so far they haven't even had enough material for a single season...

It must have been a bigger financial success than I thought.

It's Miyamori's character arc that is just not being portrayed convincingly afaic, not her basic role or abilities. The characters in the anime all act the same from episode to episode, aside from them gaining a bit of confidence, which is why the show works at all. But Miyamori seems to flit from confidence to non-confidence as the plot demands, rather than as her character would naturally progress, which feels a bit too forced and frustrating. By now she's seen enough to have made up her mind as to whether she's in the right job or not, for instance. It would make more sense if they made her the type that worries about others before herself, but I haven't seen consistent evidence of that. I think they're trying too hard to tie her character arc into the one for "Aria", and not just having her grow naturally. It's the same with Hiraoka - it's like they've been looking for every excuse they could to not play his drama out until the end of the season.

To me Shirobako is just a good "cute girls" anime. It's better than the sum of its parts, but those parts aren't all that great. The documentary angle is actually pretty underwhelming, the character development isn't all that engaging, the office stuff is repetitive, and the basic conflicts feel like the same thing over and over. But it gets away with it because it's a blend of elements I haven't really seen before in anime, and nothing is outright bad. Hopefully I'll feel at least that positively about it by the end, and not like they've just been milking a franchise.

You know what they say: Write what you know.

It's funny. I think it'd be great if famous mangakas wrote stories like what they've written before, but slightly different, like what you described. Write every possible iteration of the same story. It'd be like the Endless Eight, only less monotonous, but only just so. 

Another thing: I'm hoping that One Piece's ending is different from what everyone expects. It's like Oda writes this highly predictable story all the way up to the ending, then throws the most unexpected and long coming Curve Ball in Manga history. It's so unexpected, people don't believe it's the real ending at first, for example.

I'm just saying. It'd be great for novelty alone. 

It's funny, because it may actually be that way. The ending for One Piece is apparently already written and he's just trying to get there at this point. It's apparently so good (in his opinion) that getting to write that ending is what drives him to continue writing One Piece even to this day. 

Here's to hoping for a remake of One Piece that has less filler and better animation (seriously, wtf Toei). 

Better plot twist: The remake is animated by Shaft. ... OK, I'm just dreaming at this point.

If he did that, I would go and read One Piece for sure. Never read it before, don't want to, but I would have to at that point :P

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Well, apparently JPEG is not a file format. 

Huh. 

Relevant King of the Hill reference (brace your anus headphone users):

† Christian Member †

But Miyamori seems to flit from confidence to non-confidence as the plot demands, rather than as her character would naturally progress, which feels a bit too forced and frustrating. By now she's seen enough to have made up her mind as to whether she's in the right job or not,

Isn't that the correct character though? A newbie facing success and challenges at the same time would be inclined to feel a mix of "I got this" and "I have no idea what I'm doing." When you would first start something the tiny amounts of confidence you can build is easily crushed.

she figures out that it's the job she wants by the end, which I would considered the end of a dynamic character (resolute vs wishy-washy as you mentioned earlier). If anything I'm more disappointed in the other characters who seem to have their own struggles but are handled not much more differently than a standard flat character.

no idea but i want the source of this gif.

@LukaP it's from soul eater, don't worry about it, it's shit

Started watching Nisekoi yesterday after some hesitation of whether or not I would watch it. Now I'm waiting for Friday for the next episode :PPP

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M