Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

because i scaled it down since i just wanted a small image to post. As for the wallpaper it is been the same one for a year and i normally never see it because i keep windows open in full screen all most the full time im on the computer. It is like that because i use it as my downloads folder and save every thing to the desktop lol

Alrighty. Was just curious. 

I use my Downloads folder for my downloads, but to each his own I guess. Even though my way is superior. /sarcasm

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Alrighty. Was just curious. 

I use my Downloads folder for my downloads, but to each his own I guess. Even though my way is superior.

im on a wd green drive it takes time to load my downloads folder but my desktop is always loaded so no wasted time waiting for downloads folder to load

im on a wd green drive it takes time to load my downloads folder but my desktop is always loaded so no wasted time waiting for downloads folder to load

You, sir, need an upgrade. SSDs are great. *takes notes*

Why not use both? For normal stuf/ direkt downloadf I use my desktop as download directions, and torrent stuff goes to my Nas's download folder.

Because it gets in the way of my background and .... stuff. Ok, I have no real good reason why I don't put stuff on my desktop. I guess it just doesn't make logical sense to me to have stuff there.

If I have a window open full screen, I'd have to click or press something to get to the Desktop, at which point, I may as well click Windows Explorer on my Taskbar.

So having it empty when I'm doing nothing so I can see the backgrounds is my preferred state. :P

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

You, sir, need an upgrade. SSDs are great.

Because it gets in the way of my background and .... stuff. Ok, I have no real good reason why I don't put stuff on my desktop. I guess it just doesn't make logical sense to me to have stuff there.

If I have a window open full screen, I'd have to click or press something to get to the Desktop, at which point, I may as well click Windows Explorer on my Taskbar.

So having it empty when I'm doing nothing so I can see the backgrounds is my preferred state. :P

Never said you ha e to store it there till end of time, say you download a installer to something, just delete it once done. That how I roll, id post how my desktop is but I'm not home.

Edit: forgot to add, images goes to my nas's image folder. And that's also were my wallpapers are as well, I have like nothing on my PC aside from programs and games.

Never said you ha e to store it there till end of time, say you download a installer to something, just delete it once done. That how I roll, id post how my desktop is but I'm not home.

Fair enough.

† Christian Member †

Edit: forgot to add, images goes to my nas's image folder. And that's also were my wallpapers are as well, I have like nothing on my PC aside from programs and games.

ya I tend to download to desktop and delete or move from there when I'm no longer using it but i still end up with a lot of things on my desktop for long amounts of time lol

Can you please explain to me why that image of your desktop is 481x269? In the current age, that is unacceptable. Unless you just like low res stuff. /more sarcasm

No offense, but what's wrong with you? That desktop is horrible. You can't even see your background. What's the point of a background if you can't even see it? /less sarcasm

Example of my desktop: 

Lol, I barely get to see my desktop and my selection is extremely limited.

at this point I chose what I could find that would be thematically consistent.

I tend to leave semi-important downloads or things I might need in the near future on my desktop (typically these get deleted later)

I use a ramdisk as a "downloads" folder, other and from there it's either deleted or filed away to where it needs to be. I have at least shitload of folders on a shitload of drives, as you might imagine finding things becomes harder. I have legit 5 separate animu folders and without Plex showing the directories or Windows search it takes me a few minutes to find something lol.

I wouldn't mind new wallpaper but my criteria makes the selection VERY limited, aside from maybe Hubble images.

dY2XfgX.jpg

Error: 410

I see people going on about Ore Monogatari, saying how he's realistic or some shit. The main character is quite possibly even more dense than Nisekoi's MC at the moment. That's an achievement. 

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Lol, I barely get to see my desktop and my selection is extremely limited.

at this point I chose what I could find that would be thematically consistent.

I tend to leave semi-important downloads or things I might need in the near future on my desktop (typically these get deleted later)

I use a ramdisk as a "downloads" folder, other and from there it's either deleted or filed away to where it needs to be. I have at least shitload of folders on a shitload of drives, as you might imagine finding things becomes harder. I have legit 5 separate animu folders and without Plex showing the directories or Windows search it takes me a few minutes to find something lol.

I wouldn't mind new wallpaper but my criteria makes the selection VERY limited, aside from maybe Hubble images.

I demand to see my desktop background. I didn't collect over 553 (and counting) images just to see little snippets of them.

I don't particularly care about a theme myself. I just get what I like to look at.

My downloads fall into 3 categories:

1. Archived for later potential use (when I use it now & later)
  2. Use now; delete now.
  3. Use later; delete later

Things in #1 are usually things I doubt I'll be able to get again, or might need because newer versions limit me or something. Depends really.

This is one reason I put all my SSDs in a RAID 0. Less Volumes. 

I like Space, Geographic, Anime, & Art images generally. Things that make me go "wow" preferably. 

Why are you taking so many notees?

Giveaway

he is taking notes for giveaway ides or he just likes to record things about me in a creepy way lol

54020315.jpg

Unrelated to all that:

I'm up to 103 stars in Super Mario 64. Only 17 more to go. Yay!

† Christian Member †

I see people going on about Ore Monogatari, saying how he's realistic or some shit. The main character is quite possibly even more dense than Nisekoi's MC at the moment. That's an achievement.

He's just been playing the wingman for so long that he's practically gone nuts. That's half the joke. The other half is that the girl actually likes him, because he routinely does things that actually make him worth falling for. So it's like watching the same anime as usual, except they're going about it slightly differently so the characters seem a bit more noble than usual. Which is sadly already trying a lot harder than Nisekoi.

He's just been playing the wingman for so long that he's practically gone nuts. That's half the joke. The other half is that the girl actually likes him, because he routinely does things that actually make him worth falling for. So it's like watching the same anime as usual, except they're going about it slightly differently so the characters seem a bit more noble than usual. Which is sadly already trying a lot harder than Nisekoi.

Yeah, I guess. From seeing what everyone's been saying, I was expecting something a bit different than a main character being pretty stupid for 2 episodes straight. I mean, she like pretty much straight up asks him out on a date without his friend, and he still thinks she is into his friend. I'll keep watching since this is most likely only a temporary thing (I hope).

I already know that Nisekoi isn't going anywhere, but as long as it keeps providing reaction faces like the one in my avatar, I'll keep watching. :D

Nope, not at all :P

Don't you dare shatter my delusion! /s

ok

To be more specific, the giveaway is going to be special. I can't tell you how. I can only tell you it will be special. Be excite. Much excite.

-Nisekoi related stuff-

The only reason I watched the first few episodes of Nisekoi was because it's music reminded me of Kingdom Hearts (at least the first episode's did), and I like the concept of childhood (we were meant to be together) love.

Too bad about Nisekoi though.

† Christian Member †

I demand to see my desktop background. I didn't collect over 553 (and counting) images just to see little snippets of them.

I don't particularly care about a theme myself. I just get what I like to look at.

My downloads fall into 3 categories:

• Archived for later potential use (when I use it now & later)
  • Use now; delete now.
  • Use later; delete later
Things in #1 are usually things I doubt I'll be able to get again, or might need because newer versions limit me or something. Depends really.

I like Space, Geographic, Anime, & Art images generally. Things that make me go "wow" preferably. 

Giveaway

54020315.jpg

Unrelated to all that:

I'm up to 103 stars in Super Mario 64. Only 17 more to go. Yay!I don't really care to see my desktop background in fact I have had 2 backgrounds in probably 3 years and before that I always just used the default windows background after like 2003 before that i would change my background more often lol

as for mario 64 nice it only took you 19 years to get 85% through the game lol

as for mario 64 nice it only took you 19 years to get 85% through the game lol

Yep. First time I've ever gotten this far, or ever fought Bowser's final stage in this game. I'm almost there. I've completed the first 10 levels and I am half way down with the last 5 (I have 3 stars in each level), and I have 14 of 15 secret stars (that last one is gonna be a pain).

Next on my list after this is probably Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I've never beaten that game. I doubt I've ever been to (not past, but to) the Water Temple. Should be fun. Might use the Gamecube's Master Quest edition though.

Edit:

Here is what my PC's storage situation looks like. Because I feel like someone might care.

post-2414-0-25505300-1429568646_thumb.pnpost-2414-0-53669000-1429568648_thumb.pnpost-2414-0-89017700-1429568650_thumb.pn

† Christian Member †

Yeah, I guess. From seeing what everyone's been saying, I was expecting something a bit different than a main character being pretty stupid for 2 episodes straight. I mean, she like pretty much straight up asks him out on a date without his friend, and he still thinks she is into his friend. I'll keep watching since this is most likely only a temporary thing (I hope).

Agreed on Ore Monogatari. If we're lucky it'll start becoming something other than goofy wish-fulfillment for a slightly different crowd, but we'll have to wait and see. As for Nisekoi, it's probably just lucky it was Shafted.

The only reason I watched the first few episodes of Nisekoi was because it's music reminded me of Kingdom Hearts (at least the first episode's did), and I like the concept of childhood (we were meant to be together) love.

The only reason I think anyone's watching Nisekoi anymore is for the goofy reaction shots, as Tr3vor mentioned.

As for Nisekoi, it's probably just lucky it was Shafted.

4dqAX.jpg

1339272617952.gif

† Christian Member †

brave one are we

I use RAID -1 where I manually copy things redundantly.

I've got a copy of my old work files up in MS butt, an old copy being held hostage in Sugarsync butt, and a local copy on my desktop.

I need to go look up that thing that Windows 8.1 might be able to do, IIRC there's a built in feature in Windows 7 that will automatically sync files across folders after a given threshold, time, or instantaneously.

All the music I have is stored in one drive, monthly backed up to a 24/7 external and another external I only plug in for the sake of the backup.

"1TB of storage"

how do you manage

I download almost nothing lossless and I still chrew through data like it's my job

#hordelife is tough

As for Nisekoi, it's probably just lucky it was Shafted.

@BashZeStampeedo you preach it, that's the only reason I gave it a chance in the first place.

brave one are we

I use RAID -1 where I manually copy things redundantly.

I've got a copy of my old work files up in MS butt, an old copy being held hostage in Sugarsync butt, and a local copy on my desktop.

All the music I have is stored in one drive, monthly backed up to a 24/7 external and another external I only plug in for the sake of the backup.

how do you manage

I download almost nothing lossless and I still chrew through data like it's my job

#hordelife is tough

@BashZeStampeedo you preach it, that's the only reason I gave it a chance in the first place.

currently I only have 1tb split into 2 partitions and i have never filled it since I built my computer lol I had filled up my main windows 8 partition with steam games but i just deleted the games since i never played 90% of them anyways. I mainly stream though so my computer tells me in the last 60 days i have downloaded 563.75GB on my network

SNIPS

forgot one of the funnier ones

tumblr_inline_n5e9auaAG81qloj4u.gif

I think she needs a hospital.

currently I only have 1tb split into 2 partitions and i have never filled it since I built my computer lol I had filled up my main windows 8 partition with steam games but i just deleted the games since i never played 90% of them anyways. I mainly stream though so my computer tells me in the last 60 days i have downloaded 563.75GB on my network

now that you mention streaming someone brought this up the other day

it looks like HS rips and Crunchyroll has some srs banding issues. It's probably not noticeable unless you look for it, but that's an extremely unhealthy excuse and standard we set for determining quality.

ofc, you need decent hardware to notice it too. It doesn't show up much on my toilet TN panels but on my main it's glaringly apparent.

MNNt58H.jpg