Will this PC do fine for BF4 at High @1080p?

Go to solution Solved by Akolyte,

That should be able to play on high, if not definitley medium would work 100%  

Look at this for proof 

On the video they show the r9 270, but the 750ti can play bf4 on ultra playable.  So you should be able to run it fine. 

this is for a client:

-Silverstone Precision PS08 Micro ATX Case Black

-Gigabyte GA-F2A75M-HD2 Motherboard

-AMD A4 5300 2-Core Processor

-Kingston ValueRAM KVR16N11/8 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3

-Gainward GeForce GTX 750 1GB

-Thermaltake 500W ATX OEM PSU

- 1tb blue hdd 

thanks 

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

I don't know, between that CPU and GPU that's a close call..

Is it in the budget to get at least a 750ti or the next model up AMD CPU? If so, I would focus on the GPU and see what you can do.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

No, I don;t even know if you will get 30fps...

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

lepel nop

I will guess no.

Is it in the budget to get at least a 750ti or the next model up AMD CPU? If so, I would focus on the GPU and see what you can do.

What do u reckon is holding it back? the gpu upgrade would be too much for him but i could speeze in an upgrade to either a AMD A6 5400K 2-Core Processor or AMD A6 6400K 2-Core Processor.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

no i can do high on my 660 but i prefer it to be on medium so i get a more smooth experience so it would be fine at low or maybe just maybe medium. 

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

What do u reckon is holding it back? the gpu upgrade would be too much for him but i could speeze in an upgrade to either a AMD A6 5400K 2-Core Processor or AMD A6 6400K 2-Core Processor.

your processor and gpu are both holding it back

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

since you are using a GPU

swap the APU to the Athlon X4 760K

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

your processor and gpu are both holding it back

nope. 

No, I don;t even know if you will get 30fps...

lepel nop

I will guess no.

-Gainward GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB

- 1tb blue hdd

how about now?

Jump up to a pentium, it wont be as good as an Athlon 760k in general.  But it will allow you to play bf4 on high with that gpu.  You can also get a H81 or B85 motherboard to pair it.   If that goes a lil over the budget cut down the memory to 4GB, with specs like that it wont hurt to go down to 4GB.  

Honestly, from the looks of it, all your other parts seem at the lowest price/spec I would go.. What seems to me that's holding you back is his budget. I really wouldn't downgrade too much more... I can't pick out a part that would be 'okay' to downgrade, at least not that I would recommend to do so with.

EDIT: Okay, much better. That should do the trick, at the very least it would be very smooth n fluid on Medium settings. Though I am sure you could play on high - I just don't think he would enjoy it as much. But again, medium would work and look great with those parts.

Edited by MrYuriy

- 1tb blue hdd

how about now?

I would still suggest what I posted, go down to 4GB of memory, go to a pentium and get a H81 motherboard.  That should balance things out a bit.   

- 1tb blue hdd

how about now?

the 750 ti wont be too good for high but it will be pretty much perfect for medium 

I would still suggest what I posted, go down to 4GB of memory, go to a pentium and get a H81 motherboard.  That should balance things out a bit.   

ok i will be back in a sec

That cpu will not cut it. You will need at least an A8-5600K or Athlon x4 750k. The GTX 750 is fine for medium settings. 4GB is enough for this price range. A 300W psu is more than enough for this build. I would cheap out on the case.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

the 750 ti wont be too good for high but it will be pretty much perfect for medium 

Yup, exactly what I said above.

And although you could go down to 4GB of ram.. Personally, I wouldn't. Because within the next year or definitely 2, he will experience the affects of 4GB for gaming & multitasking especially.

- 1tb blue hdd

how about now?

1. you need like a quad core processor to start.

2. you need a decent gpu, look at like 2gb VRAM

3. you need 8gb of ram

Even then you may not get more then 30fps on high @ 1080p

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

And although you could go down to 4GB of ram.. Personally, I wouldn't. Because within the next year or definitely 2, he will experience the affects of 4GB for gaming & multitasking especially.

check the wishlist i posted above

That should be able to play on high, if not definitley medium would work 100%  

Look at this for proof 

On the video they show the r9 270, but the 750ti can play bf4 on ultra playable.  So you should be able to run it fine. 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=291996&action=wish_lists how about now?

If he can make this a $550 budget and add just $50 more, I would feel slightly safer with one more small upgrade to the CPU and then you're set. As per the video @Mike_The_B0ss posted, you'll do just fine with the 750ti as I said in the first place.

Other than that, I think your client will be happy.

Wouldn't a R7 265 be better for...oh Australian prices, nevemind

yea i know right

---snip--

yea looks like im going with that thanks. he said it should be fine as long as he gets the performance. cheers :)