T-Mobile just killed overage fees and encourages AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint to do the same through a Change.org petition

TopWargamer

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/04/14/t-mobile-wants-to-eliminate-all-overages-by-all-carriers-creates-change-org-petition/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DroidLife+%28Droid+Life%29&utm_content=FaceBook

In day three of its most recent string of UnCarrier moves, T-Mobile has announced today that it is killing off overage charges for its customers and encouraging AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint to do the same with a Change.org petition. T-Mobile calls overage penalties “one of the most reviled wireless industry practices,” saying that “in May for the June billing cycle, T-Mobile is abolishing domestic overages.”

Just another reason to switch over to T-Mobile, and I'm personally glad that I have. I mean, most of TMo's wireless plans don't even suffer from data overage, since they come with unlimited 2G data after you've reached your regular data limit. They do have one or two wireless plans that DON'T have the unlimited 2G though. Either way, I don't see doing this as that big of a deal, but either way, it's still very nice to see.

This time around though, instead of bashing their competition, TMo is actually ENCOURAGING them to do the same. Now that's a first! T-Mobile CEO John Legere made a Change.org petition to urge AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint to do the same.

You can sign the petition right here: https://www.change.org/petitions/wireless-carriers-abolishoverages-att-verizonwireless-and-sprint

894gh.jpg

COMIC SANS

Why don't people just get T-Mobile unlimited plan(simple plan). I have it and uses up to 60GB average, highest was 99GB data usage.

Using Tapatalk

Thats amazing...except T-Mobile sucks. The others actually have a network worth paying for. I mean if you live anywhere thats not a US major city, you are sol with T-Mobile. 

It's not hard to figure out why they called it the "un-carrier plan" when driving from NYC to DC. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Thats amazing...except T-Mobile sucks. The others actually have a network worth paying for. I mean if you live anywhere thats not a US major city, you are sol with T-Mobile. 

Really? I live in Las Vegas, definitely a "major city" and AT&T, Sprint and Verizon all suck. AT&T has 4G LTE in Vegas, but their network can't come close to handling the traffic, so most people force their phones on to 3G. It was the same way before they had 4G, they would switch off their 3G for an analog signal because it ended up being faster. I know this because I used to be one of their customers. Verizon says they have 4G coverage, but you'll still struggle to get a signal and they constantly drop calls for no reason. Again, personal experience, my work phone is Verizon. With Sprint, which I am on to save money with a family plan, has no 4G coverage at all.

But T-Mobile, their service out here is great and was made even better when they bought out PCS Wireless, which was a popular budget option out west here. People think T-Mobile has bad coverage only because that's how it used to be. They've expanded more than any other company and have improve a lot in recent years. Verizon should really be sued for false advertising for using the same coverage maps from like 5 years ago. Yes they are not everywhere, yet, but their coverage is a 1000 times more than what Verizon claims it is.

So, if you live in an area with T-Mobile, they are a great choice. I'm fighting tooth and nail to get my family to switch over with me. But they've been with Sprint for so long that they are constantly offering big bonuses to re up their contracts. They care more about the right now money and not the long term savings.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

It's not hard to figure out why they called it the "un-carrier plan" when driving from NYC to DC. 

I live in the Dakota region currently and tried T-Mobile. I couldn't activate my phone because of the lack of service, then they send me a $200 bill for nothing... I complained about that on the forums enough, and they reversed it (finally) but not before dropping my credit score a couple of points. I'm still angry.

I hope Verizon does this, but that's like hoping they'll make gills for humans so I can become a fish and live out my life in the sea.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I live in the Dakota region currently and tried T-Mobile. I couldn't activate my phone because of the lack of service, then they send me a $200 bill for nothing... I complained about that on the forums enough, and they reversed it (finally) but not before dropping my credit score a couple of points. I'm still angry.

I hope Verizon does this, but that's like hoping they'll make gills for humans so I can become a fish and live out my life in the sea.

True. But if the CEO of Chery automotive (real car company) publicly petitioned Ford, GM and Chrysler for price drops through a public shame campaign, I think it wouldnt work just the same. The other carriers have good reliability and coverage where T-mobile might just have speed in select US cities, and no or abysmal coverage in other places as you said. I think that kind of reliability and coverage warrants a somewhat higher premium 

chery-qq-01.jpg

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Well, for me TMo's been great.

I'll admit, I chuckled. 

COMIC SANS

I live in a town of 50,000 in Utah and I have LTE in every part of my town. I've even driven through the really barren parts of Utah and had at least 2G the entire drive.

where I live I can only get verizon or sprint, and sprint sucks balls for service here

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

John Legere has been a very fresh face for this country's technology companies. True, T-mobile doesn't have the best coverage yet but look how much they've grown in such a period of time. You can see back in probably 4 or 5 years ago and T-mobile was just a shy and pretty miniscule company compared to AT&T and Verizon at the time. 

John Legere has been a very fresh face for this country's technology companies. True, T-mobile doesn't have the best coverage yet but look how much they've grown in such a period of time. You can see back in probably 4 or 5 years ago and T-mobile was just a shy and pretty miniscule company compared to AT&T and Verizon at the time.

And just saying, but TMo has 2 more bands of LTE on the way, which means more LTE coverage. Rollouts begin later this year.

COMIC SANS