Low usable RAM. Please help ASAP, need a quick fix.

vstock997

Have you tried downloading more RAM? Typically your PC will have system reserved quantity of RAM dedicated to one board graphics or minimum system resources. If you're using a separate GPU you might be able to disable your igpu in your bios or turn down the amount of dedicated system memory.

i9 9820x @4.2 - MSI X299 Sli plus - 32gb Quad DDR4 G.skill3400 - MSI Gaming x 2070 Super - EVGA 1300 SupernovaG2 Gold -  500NVME WD Blue & Optane 32gb + WD Blue4tb - Enermax 360Aio - Vigor GK80 - MSI DS200 - Dual MSI Mag 271R

building - supermicro x9 - e5-2660 128gbddr3

supermicro x8 - e5648 24gb ddr3

On 12/10/2021 at 6:57 PM, brokebeardedguy said:

Have you tried downloading more RAM? Typically your PC will have system reserved quantity of RAM dedicated to one board graphics or minimum system resources. If you're using a separate GPU you might be able to disable your igpu in your bios or turn down the amount of dedicated system memory.

I am using a laptop, so I'm not really sure what would apply to me.

On 12/10/2021 at 1:18 PM, KhakiHat said:

Did you have anything running on the device when you had this stat checked? 

I don't think so.

1 hour ago, vstock997 said:

I don't think so.

What OS are you using? It could very well be that the extra little bit that you could have is actually being used just to keep your PC afloat even if you're not technically using it.

edit: Never hurts to check task manager, it could maybe point you to an app or service that is eating up RAM if present.

1 hour ago, vstock997 said:

using a laptop, so I'm not really sure what would apply to me.

Your laptop uses a Igpu, that is integrated in the CPU, it doesn't have its own ram, it is using your 8gb of ram at least a a little of it. So it takes a little ram away that you cannot use. 

You can set the amount of ram usage yourself. Regestry entry. 

But to be honest it is a weird amount of usage. 

Could you please give us the model number of your laptop as well as your system specs as well as screenshot of your system 

Use dxdiag for it, just type it into your start menu, say no and it is opening another window  Because I don't know where your screenshot is coming from 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.

• 2 months later...
On 12/15/2021 at 11:20 AM, SamClan said:

Your laptop uses a Igpu, that is integrated in the CPU, it doesn't have its own ram, it is using your 8gb of ram at least a a little of it. So it takes a little ram away that you cannot use. 

You can set the amount of ram usage yourself. Regestry entry. 

But to be honest it is a weird amount of usage. 

Could you please give us the model number of your laptop as well as your system specs as well as screenshot of your system 

Use dxdiag for it, just type it into your start menu, say no and it is opening another window  Because I don't know where your screenshot is coming from 

it is coming from the windows 11 system > about tab