What Do You Drive?

Snapy1

what's wrong with dodge??? :huh:

I've never heard of a dodge lasting ten years with no major problems. Im driving a stratus and it has SOOO many problems. also to get to the battery you have to take the tire off... 

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

I've never heard of a dodge lasting ten years with no major problems. Im driving a stratus and it has SOOO many problems. also to get to the battery you have to take the tire off... 

Especially the Caravans. Those were a rolling cage of shit.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Especially the Caravans. Those were a rolling cage of shit.

lol. thats what im going to start calling them. Ive seen so many caravans on the side of the road...

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

lol. thats what im going to start calling them. Ive seen so many caravans on the side of the road...

Yeah, now I started them calling Shitvans. Too many shit issues. Not enough fucking time to fix.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yeah, now I started them calling Shitvans. Too many shit issues. Not enough fucking time to fix.

yup. Although the viper is one of my favorite cars. I would love one of the hennessey vipers http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/gen52013.html

'05 Monte Carlo Supercharged SS :) My baby <3

IMG_6710_zps7fe83299.jpg

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

http://imgur.com/a/etEAW

That's my car. 99 camry everything still works on it. I wish i could say the same for the stratus behind it. 155000 miles and its still running like brand new. After some maintenance of course. I plan to drive it till wont drive anymore, going for 300000 miles at least. The body damage was done over some bullshit from when my brother was using it. 

Aww, don't be hatin' the Caravans..  :wub:

Yeah, I bet that caravan was gasping for air after that shitty attempt.

This thread has made me realize how much I need to get my learners permit.... been 8 months of eligibility I haven't even attempted. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

IK, The government is being a big fat bitch for these dumbass laws. I mean, 25 years? It's not like some imported car younger than 25 years has some kind of nuclear bomb or something. Geez, give it a fucking break, government.

I think it is a law created to appease lobbyists from the auto industry. Forcing people to pay way too much for cars in north america.

Got a Ford Focus, and Jeep Liberty. Currently getting ready to build a Ferrari 250 GTO kit car.

Current Build Log: Here on LTT and Corsair's Forum

I think it is a law created to appease lobbyists from the auto industry. Forcing people to pay way too much for cars in north america.

I feel like crying now.

I always wondered why american imports have less power/more weight compared to their European cousin like the Alfa Romeo 4c. Now I realised that America has a very strict emissions and safety regulations which explains the ridiculous 25 year old imports law. They probably figured a 25+ year old engine is almost impossible to be modified to meet the regulations anyway. 

TBH, I lol'ed at the comment about the car price in America is too much. Clearly you haven't look at car prices in South East Asia countries like Malaysia or Singapore. A bottom spec honda civic cost around 100k usd in SG and 35k usd in MY.

Main PC:
CPU: 3700x Motherboard: X570  RAM: 2x16GB 3600Mhz GPU: RTX 3080 Case: Corsair 4000D Air Storage: 1TB NVMe 2x250GB SSD RAID 0 2TB HDD PSU: 1000W Gold Display: Acer X34A Peripherals: Corsair K95 RGB Red, Razer Viper Ultimate

Laptop:
Lenovo Thinkbook 13s  CPU: i5-8265U RAM: 8GB  Storage: 256GB SSD Display: Dell P2414H Peripherals: CMStorm Quickfire TK Brown, Razer Atheris 

Audio:
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm, FiiO E11, Stoner Acoustics UD100, Shure SE-215, Logitech Z906, Mission 731, Altec Lansing ADA-885, xDuoo UA-05, AKG K7XX,FiiO X3, FiiO K3

I always wondered why american imports have less power/more weight compared to their European cousin like the Alfa Romeo 4c. Now I realised that America has a very strict emissions and safety regulations which explains the ridiculous 25 year old imports law. They probably figured a 25+ year old engine is almost impossible to be modified to meet the regulations anyway. 

TBH, I lol'ed at the comment about the car price in America is too much. Clearly you haven't look at car prices in South East Asia countries like Malaysia or Singapore. A bottom spec honda civic cost around 100k usd in SG and 35k usd in MY.

Yeah, because people don't go around in cars in those countries.

In Singapore yeah, their public transport is good. Not really the case for Malaysia though, there public transport is no where near reliable enough and the coverage is horrible.Almost every one who works in the capital or any of the satellite cities will get a car and it has become a status symbol. Also, people there some how very reluctant to buy pre-owned cars. Usual suspect of their starting cars are Perodua Myvi (12k usd), Proton Saga (10k usd), Toyota Vios (22k usd) and Honda City (23k). Sounds not to terrible but their starting salary usually round 800 usd monthly. The only realistic way to get a car is tie yourself to a 5-9 year loan with epic interests.

Sorry for a slight rant lol. 

Main PC:
CPU: 3700x Motherboard: X570  RAM: 2x16GB 3600Mhz GPU: RTX 3080 Case: Corsair 4000D Air Storage: 1TB NVMe 2x250GB SSD RAID 0 2TB HDD PSU: 1000W Gold Display: Acer X34A Peripherals: Corsair K95 RGB Red, Razer Viper Ultimate

Laptop:
Lenovo Thinkbook 13s  CPU: i5-8265U RAM: 8GB  Storage: 256GB SSD Display: Dell P2414H Peripherals: CMStorm Quickfire TK Brown, Razer Atheris 

Audio:
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 Ohm, FiiO E11, Stoner Acoustics UD100, Shure SE-215, Logitech Z906, Mission 731, Altec Lansing ADA-885, xDuoo UA-05, AKG K7XX,FiiO X3, FiiO K3

In Singapore yeah, their public transport is good. Not really the case for Malaysia though, there public transport is no where near reliable enough and the coverage is horrible.Almost every one who works in the capital or any of the satellite cities will get a car and it has become a status symbol. Also, people there some how very reluctant to buy pre-owned cars. Usual suspect of their starting cars are Perodua Myvi (12k usd), Proton Saga (10k usd), Toyota Vios (22k usd) and Honda City (23k). Sounds not to terrible but their starting salary usually round 800 usd monthly. The only realistic way to get a car is tie yourself to a 5-9 year loan with epic interests. Sorry for a slight rant lol.

Used cars aren't big in many parts of Asia because cars deteriorate very quickly in our road/driving conditions. Roads are in need of improvement outside of Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Brunei, Singapore, urban China and the wealthier gulf states. Excessive suspension/steering wear and interior rattles show up much sooner than they do in North America or Western Europe because of the poor infrastructure.

My cars are quite new (2011 and 2014 model) because a car with 50 thousand miles in my area will feel like a 200 thousand mile car in the US. Sure the engine would be fresh, but everything else would be rattling. 

Here are my beauties.

My 1978 Ford XC Falcon. (An Older after I restored it)

Ih6EhDrl.jpg

And my daily driver

Nissan GQ Patrol. 

azjQTVql.jpg

Nice. Does it run nice?