What Do You Drive?

Snapy1

At least you got some luxury. I practically have to drive around a piece of shit of a minivan.

My minivan is epic

"Rawr XD"

My minivan is epic

Mine is shit. No power windows, no radio, no A/C (woop woop) and not even power brakes. So it feels like a hurl of shit that can't stop. Every time, it feels like that thing will crash at a red light.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

If i had the money for that then sure lol. CL63 AMG is nice

But they are expensive to drive realy.

But you do pay for German engineering, the best in the world (although i think american engineering [not cars]) are still better.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Mine is shit. No power windows, no radio, no A/C (woop woop) and not even power brakes. So it feels like a hurl of shit that can't stop. Every time, it feels like that thing will crash at a red light.

Before my minivan I had a Camry with no power windows, radio, or A/C either, so I feel the struggle. 

My minivan is practically falling apart though, probably due to the way I drive it

"Rawr XD"

Before my minivan I had a Camry with no power windows, radio, or A/C either, so I feel the struggle. 

My minivan is practically falling apart though, probably due to the way I drive it

What brand of minivan you got? Like always, the Japanese make better minivans. If you see the first gen Grand Voyagers, you know what I mean.

But you do pay for German engineering, the best in the world (although i think american engineering [not cars]) are still better.

well thats true, however todays days, there isnt much of a diffrence anymore with new cars.

You basicly pay for the class you want to drive.

Mercedes and BMW are offcourse allways the more expensive germans.

Over VAG and vauxhall

But VAG isnt cheap either.

People talk allot about german quality, but those story´s are basicly from the past.

Most todays car´s share allot of technical parts underneath.

Like mercedes CLA for example, that using a renault diesel engine.

BMW in the mini one, using PSA engines.

VAG isnt that reliable anymore either now days, allot of issues with theire TFSI engines.

vauxhall General motors using fiat engines allot.

Fiat engines are very decent, especialy the JTD diesel engine.

And that kind of things.

Atleast you have a car to drive, i'm not old enough. Also, aren't you 14? Pretty sure you would have to be 16 or older to drive in the US(some states are different)

Atleast you have a car to drive, i'm not old enough. Also, aren't you 14? Pretty sure you would have to be 16 or older to drive in the US(some states are different)

No, that's what I will end up driving. Not what I'm currently driving. I can't drive yet. I'm not even old enough for a permit yet.

What brand of minivan you got? Like always, the Japanese make better minivans. If you see the first gen Grand Voyagers, you know what I mean.

A 2000 Honda Odyssey. The first gen Grand Voyagers and Caravans are actually really solid considering how old they are. Even if Japanese minivans are built better it still won't last me long, whenever my friends are in the van it's tire squealing around corners all day long

"Rawr XD"

I got a new Nissan GT-R Nismo edition delivered today...

In GT6...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I got a new Nissan GT-R Nismo edition delivered today...

In GT6...

i still cannot realy get that excited about the Nissan GT-R to be honnest.

Its seems like a master piece of racing enginering.

However the engine sound, is still not as badass, as the older  RB engine´s

RB20´s RB25´s RB26´s RB30´s

However the engine sound, is still not as badass, as the older RB engine´s

I don't think sound is one of its main selling points. The crazy amounts of grip and corner exit acceleration is what it's all about. It is probably the easiest way to go fast, with all the driver and traction assists. I agree that it feels quite cheap and rides harshly for the price point, however.

Valentino Balboni had tested all sorts of supercars and exotics. He was asked in a recent interview what modern car feels most direct and what car he likes the most that is not a Lamborghini. He said GT-R.

Have you decided on a car yet? How about the new Lexus IS?

A daiwoo Nubira wagon (i'm 13 don't actually drive on road it's a paddock basher. I also drive/ride a 185s and 200r honda motorbike.)

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

2014 Ram. Work in progress 

image9_zpsa916d403.jpeg

| CPU: AMD A8 | MOBO: MSI 7778 | GPU: Asus GTX 650Ti | Case: Corsair 200r |

| SSD: PNY 120gb | HHD: WD Blue 1tb | PSU: Cooler Master 750W |

| peripherals: Corsair Vengeance M65 & Razer Black Widow Ultimate |

I don't think sound is one of its main selling points. The crazy amounts of grip and corner exit acceleration is what it's all about. It is probably the easiest way to go fast, with all the driver and traction assists. I agree that it feels quite cheap and rides harshly for the price point, however. Valentino Balboni had tested all sorts of supercars and exotics. He was asked in a recent interview what modern car feels most direct and what car he likes the most that is not a Lamborghini. He said GT-R. Have you decided on a car yet? How about the new Lexus IS?

i did not decided yet :)

The new Lexus IS is offcourse a very nice car, but way to expensive.

im not looking for a new car, but a used one about only a few years old.

Buying a new car is one of the worst investments you could ever make.

nothing much but is is a great car :)

opel-astra-gtc-01.jpg

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

I got my first car a little while ago. It's a 1997 Infiniti i30t (The VQ30DE is actually not a bad motor, believe it or not) But I usually drive my parents' BMW e39 wagon or our '03 Allroad to school, etc. But the Audi is pretty freaking scary to drive, with it's reflashed ECU and twin turbos..  :o I also have a two-stroke KTM 200 that I ride around in the dirt. Got a nice bike, too  :P

I'll probably buy myself a MKVI gti, Mazda Speed3, Focus ST or one of the toyobaru twins once I get out of high school

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

However the engine sound, is still not as badass, as the older  RB engine´s

#rb26dett masterrace

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

i did not decided yet :)

The new Lexus IS is offcourse a very nice car, but way to expensive.

im not looking for a new car, but a used one about only a few years old.

Buying a new car is one of the worst investments you could ever make.

Isn't it like a 20% depreciation once you drive off the lot?

lol yeah something like that, as soon as you left the showroom, you allready lost allot of money.

Buying a car from about 3 / 4 years old is basicly a better investment.

Because the previous owner payed the depreciation for you lol :D

I got my first car a little while ago. It's a 1997 Infiniti i30t (The VQ30DE is actually not a bad motor, believe it or not) But I usually drive my parents' BMW e39 wagon or our '03 Allroad to school, etc. But the Audi is pretty freaking scary to drive, with it's reflashed ECU and twin turbos.. :o

I'll probably buy myself a MKVI gti, Mazda Speed3, Focus ST or one of the toyobaru twins once I get out of high school

VQs are pretty sweet actually. I wouldn't mind a Fairlady Z z34.

I got a 4x4 mostly because of poor roads and flooding in certain areas.

True; less than that for mass market brands and more than that for luxury brands.

Luxury buyers often prefer new, reducing used car demand. The fact that repairs on them cost more also drive residuals down.

I cannot afford luxury cars, but I've always bought new because I just don't want to worry about what someone else broke.

I'd be driving in a couple of months, and I'll drive either a '99 Honda Civic or a '98 Grand Cherokee

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

VQs are pretty sweet actually. I wouldn't mind a Fairlady Z z34.

I got a 4x4 mostly because of poor roads and flooding in certain areas.

Where do you live? Our Allroad can handle almost anything out here in Colorado. 

And yeah, the VQ is awesome. At one point, it was the only working car in my family. Our BMW was having an engine swap, and the Audi was having the transmission fixed (yay for German cars breaking!). It's  just about the only part that works in the car, though. The sunroof, A/C and windows all don't work.