What are my choices for 75-80% keyboards? relatively new to the topic.

manuelito1233

I'm in the market for a new keyboard and i really want a new one that still has arrow keys and a full function row but be compact enough because when gaming, i tend to hit the mouse onto the side of my keyboard sometimes.

I've been looking at the epomaker AK84 but i'm unsure what my other options could be. Budget is around 100USD, and i like my linears.

Thanks!

3070 | 5800x | 16GB

Hey there.

13 hours ago, manuelito1233 said:

I'm in the market for a new keyboard and i really want a new one that still has arrow keys and a full function row but be compact enough because when gaming, i tend to hit the mouse onto the side of my keyboard sometimes.

I've been looking at the epomaker AK84 but i'm unsure what my other options could be. Budget is around 100USD, and i like my linears.

The Epomaker AK84 is a fine choice, if your criteria is hot-swappable, wireless, and 75% / TKL.

I'd hold off on spending until Epomaker's 11.11 Sale is in full-swing, though. Discounts and chances for giveaways will be abundant during that period, particularly November 11 - November 14. If you'd like more details on the sale:

Admittedly, it's a bit difficult to offer other recommendations without an idea of your preferences. For some other general recommendations:

• Keychron K2 (Soldered for $79.00 on Keychron / $79.99 Amazon, Hotswap for $89.00 on Keychron / $89.99 on Amazon): 75% Layout. Hot-Swappable Options Available. Bluetooth / USB-C Connectivity.
    • Choice of Gateron Red Switches, if you prefer linears.
  • Epomaker EP84 ($85 on Epomaker): 75% Layout. Hot-Swappable. USB-C Connectivity.
    • Choice of Gateron Red / Black Switches, if you prefer linears.
  • Epomaker Keydous NJ80 (Barebones for $95 on Drop, Full Kit for $200 / OOS on Epomaker, Full Kit for $208 on Keebmonkey): 75% Layout. Hot-Swappable. Bluetooth / USB-C Connectivity. Rotary Knob.
    • The Barebones Kit on Drop will not include switches and keycaps.
    • The Full Kit on Epomaker and Keebmonkey are equipped with MOMOKA Frog Switches (Tactile). If you're set on linears, I'd suggest going with the Barebones version.
  • IDOBAO ID80 (Barebones for $135+ from IDOBAO): 75% Layout. Hot-Swappable. QMK / VIA Compatibility.
    • QMK / VIA compatibility will allow any key to be re-programmed to any other key / function / macro, and can accomodate multiple layers on one board.
    • The Barebones Kit will not include switches and keycaps.
  • Keychron Q1 (Barebones for $149+ from Keychron / Prevail Key Co.): 75% Layout. Hot-Swappable. QMK / VIA Compatibility.
    • QMK / VIA compatibility will allow any key to be re-programmed to any other key / function / macro, and can accomodate multiple layers on one board.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

8 hours ago, Eschew said:

Hey there.

The Epomaker AK84 is a fine choice, if your criteria is hot-swappable, wireless, and 75% / TKL.

I'd hold off on spending until Epomaker's 11.11 Sale is in full-swing, though. Discounts and chances for giveaways will be abundant during that period, particularly November 11 - November 14. If you'd like more details on the sale:

Admittedly, it's a bit difficult to offer other recommendations without an idea of your preferences. For some other general recommendations:

• Keychron K2 (Soldered for $79.00 on Keychron / $79.99 Amazon, Hotswap for $89.00 on Keychron / $89.99 on Amazon): 75% Layout. Hot-Swappable Options Available. Bluetooth / USB-C Connectivity.
    • Choice of Gateron Red Switches, if you prefer linears.
  • Epomaker EP84 ($85 on Epomaker): 75% Layout. Hot-Swappable. USB-C Connectivity.
    • Choice of Gateron Red / Black Switches, if you prefer linears.
  • Epomaker Keydous NJ80 (Barebones for $95 on Drop, Full Kit for $200 / OOS on Epomaker, Full Kit for $208 on Keebmonkey): 75% Layout. Hot-Swappable. Bluetooth / USB-C Connectivity. Rotary Knob.
    • The Barebones Kit on Drop will not include switches and keycaps.
    • The Full Kit on Epomaker and Keebmonkey are equipped with MOMOKA Frog Switches (Tactile). If you're set on linears, I'd suggest going with the Barebones version.
  • IDOBAO ID80 (Barebones for $135+ from IDOBAO): 75% Layout. Hot-Swappable. QMK / VIA Compatibility.
  • Keychron Q1 (Barebones for $149+ from Keychron / Prevail Key Co.): 75% Layout. Hot-Swappable. QMK / VIA Compatibility.

This is a top tier post, thanks for all the info!

3070 | 5800x | 16GB

Corsairs K70 TKL is on sale for $99 right now at bestbuy and amazon

Id pick one up myself, only it does not have a wrist wrest, that kills it for me.

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+