GTA Trilogy - ps5 or pc

Ayush008

Hello everyone, 

Hope you all are doing well....!!

Please stay safe and healthy

( Before procceding I would like to tell all of you that your opinion is highly valuable for me ) 

As you all know that finally rockstar have saved 2021. We all are pretty much excited for Gta trilogy definitive edition(releasing on all platform including previous gen).Well i know that most of you have already decided to play it on specific platform. But I'm pretty much confused because I have recently purchased ps5. So according to you should I play it on pc or ps5...? 

Please feel free to give me your opinion.😉👍👍

if you have a decent PC, then PC

if you have a potato PC, then probably best stick to PS5

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

The PC version is eternal, it will follow you for decades and likely will have mods.

The PS5 version is very unlikely to have mods and will only be playable until daddy Sony decides you've had enough and shut down the PlayStation store servers on that console in a few years, so you can't download your games anymore.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

9 hours ago, Arika S said:

PC. Because unless they fuck up on purpose, they will have mods.

Thnx @Arika S,

For your opinion. I appreciate it..!!
Although I was wondering that if I'm only looking for decent graphics and nice gameplay rather than mods, then should I stick with pc or ps5..? 

2 minutes ago, Ayush008 said:

Thnx @Arika S,

For your opinion. I appreciate it..!!
Although I was wondering that if I'm only looking for decent graphics and nice gameplay rather than mods, then should I stick with pc or ps5..? 

given that game play will be identical between PC and Console, if you have a decent PC, i would still say PC. Even the graphics can be improved with mods (like ENB) so don't discount it fully.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

9 hours ago, TetraSky said:

The PC version is eternal, it will follow you for decades and likely will have mods.

The PS5 version is very unlikely to have mods and will only be playable until daddy Sony decides you've had enough and shut down the PlayStation store servers on that console in a few years, so you can't download your games anymore.

Hahah 

Thnx @TetraSky,

For your opinion. Good sense of humor.

Although I'm just looking for good graphics and gamplay rather than mods. Mods will obviously modify graphics but I don't think that we need mods in trilogy version because they have already created it with definitive edition. 😬😬🤞🤞

I really wanted it on PC but for the asking price I'm struggling to justify it. At the end of the day its 3 remasters of games getting on a for quarter century old.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Arika S said:

given that game play will be identical between PC and Console, if you have a decent PC, i would still say PC. Even the graphics can be improved with mods (like ENB) so don't discount it fully.

Yea I agree with your point.I have just checked that R* is selling pc version lil bit more expensive than console version.

Idk why...? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, Moonzy said:

if you have a decent PC, then PC

if you have a potato PC, then probably best stick to PS5

images (93).jpeg

17 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I really wanted it on PC but for the asking price I'm struggling to justify it. At the end of the day its 3 remasters of games getting on a for quarter century old.

Thnx @Master Disaster,

For sharing your opinion. 👍👍👍

Eh. Depends on if the engine is moddable.

I still prefer physical copies, so if a game doesn't have mod tools, ect. I'd get it on console. Especially something like this, pretty sure eve Switch will look as good as the rest. 

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X- Asus ROG Strix X670E-A DDR5 5600 32GB CL32 -Asus Strix Nvidia RTX 4090 -Lian Li Lancool 3
4.5TB storage; 3xM.2 NVME, 1xHDD.
MSI A1000G -Acer CB282K- Corsair H150i, Corsair fan exh, x3 Lian Li intake fans, x3 Lian Li lower fans
Corsair K57- Redragon Vampire Elite
Lenovo AMD A6/R4 Laptop

XBOX Series X, PS5, Switch, Dreamcast

Fun cars - Evo X built cammed 6266, Mustang S550 NA Cammed Cobrajet  

Plan to get it eventually on PC. For $60 (SIXTY) United Murica dollar, though? lol, no.

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

50 minutes ago, diegoaccord said:

Eh. Depends on if the engine is moddable.

I still prefer physical copies, so if a game doesn't have mod tools, ect. I'd get it on console. Especially something like this, pretty sure eve Switch will look as good as the rest. 

Thnx @diegoaccord,

For sharing your opinion. I appreciate it.

Bdw What about ps5 or xbox ? 

7 minutes ago, GreatnessRD said:

Plan to get it eventually on PC. For $60 (SIXTY) United Murica dollar, though? lol, no.

Haha quite funny.

images (95).jpeg

4 minutes ago, Ayush008 said:

Haha quite funny.

images (95).jpeg

Oh, I got the monies that isn't the problem. Just don't know if I wanna spend $60 on 20 year old games, lol. But I guess $20 a game isn't so bad. Plus the inevitable mods might make it worth it. I'm a game time decision on purchasing. We'll see, but I doubt it. 

Leonidas Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X3D | AMD 6800 XT Midnight Black | MSI B550 Gaming Plus | Corsair Dominator CL16 3200 MHz  4x8 32GB | be quiet! Silent Base 802

Maximus Specs: Ryzen 7 3700x | AMD 6700 XT Power Color Fighter | Asrock B550M-Itx/AC | Corsair Vengeance CL 16 3200 MHz 2x8 16 GB | Fractal Ridge Case (HTPC)

On 10/24/2021 at 10:33 AM, Moonzy said:

don't worry, im in the same boat

cant even get past the first stage

unknown.png

4K textures? nice 😛

Also PC for the GTA, some said it was maybe ported from mobile.

and that the PC originals if able to run with mods can do a lot better.

Although really depends on you and what effort you want to go through. the trilogy ("remastered") is not really that worth it. Unless you really want it. (derp it seems like they did a better job on the remaster editions)

I'm personally going to be getting it for my One X whenever it hits a sale. I really don't care to have to use Rockstar's garbage ass launcher by force for anything other than GTA V.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 hour ago, GreatnessRD said:

Oh, I got the monies that isn't the problem. Just don't know if I wanna spend $60 on 20 year old games, lol. But I guess $20 a game isn't so bad. Plus the inevitable mods might make it worth it. I'm a game time decision on purchasing. We'll see, but I doubt it. 

Just kidding. R* isn't launching Gta 6 anytime soon, till then they have worked on trilogy definitive edition with massive update on graphics and gameplay. Do you think we still need mod. Playing original san andreas with mod makes sense but in remastered edition, I DOUBT..!! 🤔

38 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

I'm personally going to be getting it for my One X whenever it hits a sale. I really don't care to have to use Rockstar's garbage ass launcher by force for anything other than GTA V.

Thnx @flibberdipper,

For sharing your opinion. Playing trilogy on one X is a good choice bdw do you have any reason for not buying it on pc platform...? 

1 hour ago, Quackers101 said:

4K textures? nice 😛

Also PC for the GTA, some said it was maybe ported from mobile.

and that the PC originals if able to run with mods can do a lot better.

Although really depends on you and what effort you want to go through. the trilogy ("remastered") is not really that worth it. Unless you really want it.

Thnx @Quackers101,

For sharing your opinion. I agree with ur point. I haven't played vice city and Gta 3. So I want to put my hands on these titles.Plus my real concern is taking full advantage of remastered edition and gameplay.

According to me if this title is not graphic demanding then I guess it hardly makes a difference in graphics whether we play it on consoles or pc. 

2 minutes ago, Ayush008 said:

For sharing your opinion. I agree with ur point. I haven't played vice city and Gta 3. So I want to put my hands on these titles.Plus my real concern is taking full advantage of remastered edition and gameplay.

According to me if this title is not graphic demanding then I guess it hardly makes a difference in graphics whether we play it on consoles or pc.

it's just that some of the originals you need to use an emulation, which can be costly.

Although some are still sold seperate on PC, like GTA 4. But needs to be on sale.

Not everything is improved in the remaster if what others point towards are true.

the older GTA's can be a nice try, but most are too old. And you could rather try it out on your phone for free?

I think rockstar put some out there, that is close if not similar to the mobile port.

If you have a decent PC get it on there. 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

57 minutes ago, Ayush008 said:

Thnx @flibberdipper,

For sharing your opinion. Playing trilogy on one X is a good choice bdw do you have any reason for not buying it on pc platform...? 

Like I said, the main reason I'm not getting it on PC is because I refuse to deal with Rockstar's launcher more than I absolutely have to. It's bad enough having to put up with it for GTA V.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)