Best CPU cooler compatible with my ram

Donblue22

So I have Trident Z Neo ram (44mm height) in my Meshify C case. My CPU is a Ryzen 7 3700x and I was looking into upgrading from the AMD Wraith Prism cooler that came included with it but am worried about ram clearance with coolers such as the Noctua NH-D15. Does anyone know if that would work or have any other suggestions for a better cooler that would work?

21 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

What CPU exactly?

Ryzen 7 3700x

5 minutes ago, broccoli27 said:

The NH-D15 is compatible with up to 64mm high Modules. dual Fan configs up to 32mm.
Source: https://noctua.at/en/products/cpu-cooler-retail/nh-d15.html

You can also move the "front" fan of the NH-D15 higher up since you use those metal clips.

Many other manufacturers list RAM module compatibility too. 🙂 

So with the metal clips I would be able to move the second fan up high enough to be able to use both fans?

2 minutes ago, Donblue22 said:

So with the metal clips I would be able to move the second fan up high enough to be able to use both fans?

Technically yes, but check your case manufacturers "max CPU cooler hight" so the fan doesnt hit your side panel or tempered glass or whatever 🙂

🥦🥦

5 minutes ago, broccoli27 said:

Technically yes, but check your case manufacturers "max CPU cooler hight" so the fan doesnt hit your side panel or tempered glass or whatever 🙂

So it looks like my Meshify C wont have quiet enough clearance for that. Am I better off going with a different cooler or just using a NH-D15 in single fan mode?

Steve from the YT Channel Gamers Nexus did some videos about competitors of the NH-D15. Might be worth looking into those videos.
He probably talks about physical dimensions and obviously performance too.

🥦🥦

47 minutes ago, broccoli27 said:

Steve from the YT Channel Gamers Nexus did some videos about competitors of the NH-D15. Might be worth looking into those videos.
He probably talks about physical dimensions and obviously performance too.

Ok thanks for your help, I'll be sure to check them out!

14 hours ago, Donblue22 said:

So I have Trident Z Neo ram (44mm height) in my Meshify C case. My CPU is a Ryzen 7 3700x and I was looking into upgrading from the AMD Wraith Prism cooler that came included with it but am worried about ram clearance with coolers such as the Noctua NH-D15. Does anyone know if that would work or have any other suggestions for a better cooler that would work?

Thermalright pa120 would also be compatible. And it doesn't break the bank. Its currently the most underrated cooler that I know of. There are also other Thermalright coolers that are worth taking a look at.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Noctua NH-D15 with front fan removed / NH-D15S / Thermalright PA120 / FC 140 / FS 140 / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 / Deepcool Assassin III / Cooler Master Masterair MA624. Any of these double tower heatsinks is fully compatible with your memory with the front fan removed (they all have trimmed heatsinks). The difference is 2-3c degrees tops for less noise.

Additionally Thermalright Macho Rev.C / ARO-M14 as well.

All of them except Dark Rock Pro / Assassin III are <160mm height as well, which is why I'd skip those two if u think u might change cases soonish.

Yes, it can fit just fine. Here's an example with Ripjaws V which is the same height. https://pcpartpicker.com/b/z6tp99

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Scythe fuma 2 should work

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x