LTT Website Idea

TheTechGenius

I just seen this when I was renewing my Dot Net Domain.

LTT could register "LinusTech.Tips" as either a permanent domain, or even a redirect to this domain. I just thought it was cool, since the site is named LinusTechTips, so there wouldn't be any Dot COM, it would only be "LinusTech.Tips". That seems very unique, professional,  and original. I think its a lot better then the Dot Com domain that the site is on now. I also think it would improve Search Engine Rankings.

NOTE: I found this top level domain on NameCheap.

28su8ex.png 

Ultimate 900D Build - Build Log (In Progress) - TheTechGenius MODs

Actually, this sounds like a very neat & interesting idea. I give it a thumbs up and vote yes. Why not!   :P

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Thats a really good idea.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

@LinusTech This isn't a half bad idea.

Though I think moving the forum to that might cause problems.

Nah, not at all. You wouldn't be moving servers, just domains, so all the server files wouldn't be going anywhere. Its just a few settings you would need to change in IP.Board, and a few DNS Settings.

Nah, not at all. You wouldn't be moving servers, just domains, so all the server files wouldn't be going anywhere. Its just a few settings you would need to change in IP.Board, and a few DNS Settings.

Do you know how many problems their forum has had in the past? I wouldn't be surprised if it went down for a few hours. :P

Actually, you wouldn't need to change any settings what so ever, just make the domain act like linustechtips.com, but under the linustech.tips alias.

That being said, someone already owns that domain; it's released (if not renewed) in the winter of 2015. But it's taken by a domain hoarder... so the chance of it being released [cheaply] is low.

Cheers,

Linus

Be interesting to see what would happen with this implemented. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Actually, you wouldn't need to change any settings what so ever, just make the domain act like linustechtips.com, but under the linustech.tips alias.

That being said, someone already owns that domain; it's released (if not renewed) in the winter of 2015. But it's taken by a domain hoarder... so the chance of it being released [cheaply] is low.

Are you serious??  Damn that sucks. I hate it when people register top level domains and never use them, they just hold on to them. Probably waiting for someone to contact them about buying it, or auctioning it.

Well it "was" a good idea. :(