Dry Ice [Watercooled Define R4/White Merlin SM8/H440 (Never Ending)]

Update:

I painted my motherboard :D and also got around getting a CF pipe bridge thing by using a piece of acrylic tubing from my old 750D build. Tomorrow I get in another GPU cable that I've been waiting to get for a really really long time so either then or Tuesday I'll take pictures of my R4 with everything in it. The only bad news is that while I was trying to touch up my midplate, wherever I sprayed would crack off completely. Really weird.

Pictures:

It just comes off with screws!

eSrWyiu.jpg

I had to paint them black because of the blue line on them. When I tried white it would just shine right through.

d2GYsn9.jpg

Super bright bad picture:

bvPQl9x.jpg

Done

ZuTbWXv.jpg

ywqeJ24.jpg

qnJhQmf.jpg

7RlKjxF.jpg

That VGA connector needs to die or become a different color.

See you when pictures!

@TheNinjaNextDor damn it now i cant slap you because theres good news :(

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

actually @TheNinjaNextDor rather then risking damaging the vga port area what about creating a shroud something like a sabertooths? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

@TheNinjaNextDor just use a black sharpie pen on the VGA port.

Is that ordinary spray paint or Plastidip?

Oh yeah, I should try that.

actually @TheNinjaNextDor rather then risking damaging the vga port area what about creating a shroud something like a sabertooths? 

I thought about some kind of acrylic plate like the midplate I made. idk how easy it would be though.

Oh yeah, I should try that.

I thought about some kind of acrylic plate like the midplate I made. idk how easy it would be though.

ok this is going to sound stupid so try and listen to this as if you were stoned 

when the motherboards in the case have a shroud that connects the case around the IO over the VGA and stuff rather then connecting to the motherboard that would be harder. heres a image to explain it

short version have a shroud that connects to the case over the mobo

kV89Qxx.png

Specs

ok this is going to sound stupid so try and listen to this as if you were stoned

when the motherboards in the case have a shroud that connects the case around the IO over the VGA and stuff rather then connecting to the motherboard that would be harder. heres a image to explain it

Posted Image

I kinda get it loool looks good, maybe I'll try it.

risking that valuable VGA port :o

well who likes having a damaged motherboard? 

Specs

You should go over the ultra durable rising in white paint to make it really pop out. Only a suggestion, other than that its looking amazing

Intel i5-4670K, Asus Maximus VII (z97), 16gb Kingston, Asus Gtx 780, Fractal Design Define Mini, 250Gb Samsung Evo, Corsair CS650M

Yey dis meh Pc

kV89Qxx.png

best paint skills uganda

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Update:

I painted my motherboard :D and also got around getting a CF pipe bridge thing by using a piece of acrylic tubing from my old 750D build. Tomorrow I get in another GPU cable that I've been waiting to get for a really really long time so either then or Tuesday I'll take pictures of my R4 with everything in it. The only bad news is that while I was trying to touch up my midplate, wherever I sprayed would crack off completely. Really weird.

Pictures:

It just comes off with screws!

eSrWyiu.jpg

I had to paint them black because of the blue line on them. When I tried white it would just shine right through.

d2GYsn9.jpg

Super bright bad picture:

bvPQl9x.jpg

Done

ZuTbWXv.jpg

ywqeJ24.jpg

qnJhQmf.jpg

7RlKjxF.jpg

That VGA connector needs to die or become a different color.

See you when pictures!

I can't get over how awesome the RAM look. Great build! :)

mS1ITUK.png

Update:

The R4 is done! I made a few changes over the last few days when I took my motherboard out to paint. First, I tried touching up my midplate....... all the paint cracked off and I was left with an ugly acrylic shell. Bye bye midplate. Then, I took out my cable hiding thingy (patent pending) and painted the other side black. It looks really nice, it hides away instead of shining with a splotch of white in the black stripes, which I hated. Then I redid my tubing runs, they were stained and not good at all, I had about 2-3 feet of black and went to town with it :D It looks 100000x better than clear and keeps my reservoir in a position where it sits straight instead of going kind of backwards. Lastly, I fashioned a nice and good acrylic aqua pipe to go between my cards, YAY! You might find that tube at the bottom ugly, but for some reason I love it.

Pictures:

dGrYda9.jpg

xGmzrza.jpg

4ZZLzKG.jpg

Rx9c4vp.jpg

GMJt4RF.jpg

And one more thing

04HliQI.jpg

See you then!

hi jordan 

Specs

hi

high 

Specs

actually @TheNinjaNextDor because the mobo is modded dose that mean you cant RMA it with gigabyte anymore? 

Specs

Update:

The R4 is done! I made a few changes over the last few days when I took my motherboard out to paint. First, I tried touching up my midplate....... all the paint cracked off and I was left with an ugly acrylic shell. Bye bye midplate. Then, I took out my cable hiding thingy (patent pending) and painted the other side black. It looks really nice, it hides away instead of shining with a splotch of white in the black stripes, which I hated. Then I redid my tubing runs, they were stained and not good at all, I had about 2-3 feet of black and went to town with it :D It looks 100000x better than clear and keeps my reservoir in a position where it sits straight instead of going kind of backwards. Lastly, I fashioned a nice and good acrylic aqua pipe to go between my cards, YAY! You might find that tube at the bottom ugly, but for some reason I love it.

Pictures:

-Snip-

I love this build, very clean. The black and white accents every were look great.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "