Tech Ingredients- DID WE JUST MAKE THE WORLD'S BEST THERMAL PASTE!?

AidanOR

Summary

Tech Ingredients Did a great in depth, scientific look into thermal interface materials, uses, types, application, and how they are tested. And mentioned he would be sending LTT a sample of their new Thermal paste!

Quotes

DID WE JUST MAKE THE WORLD'S BEST THERMAL PASTE!? Tech Ingredients did an in-depth look into thermal interface materials

My thoughts

A great look into testing thermal pastes coming with a follow up video on how to produce your own for a fraction of the price.

Sources

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glfak2B9J5U&t=954s

Haven’t watched the video so maybe he did, but should have sent it to Steve from GamersNexus instead/also. He would be able to test it better. 

Edited by The_russian

The test results:

image.png.919cb7b2e9a7a1ed10d82e0f57c9ff81.png

Honestly, it's quite underwhelming. And I'd love to see it be used with a normal high performance air cooler and high TDP CPU.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

==moved to general discussion==

not tech news

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

sounds like a nothing burger, if that is the results and just around the margin for error between them.

Not even 1 C of a degree less. Also would you count liquid metal as a type of paste or liquid, since tooth paste to honey, etc, was used.

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Honestly, it's quite underwhelming.

Why? Thats pretty darn good... better than everything else, how is it underwhelming?

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

And I'd love to see it be used with a normal high performance air cooler and high TDP CPU

And thats the problem,  its entirely possible to make something that's good at ~30C but sucks at higher temps... so these results are just not conclusive...

Also I'm wary, this video raised a bunch of red flags... he seems a "nice guy" I just don't trust him at all tbh... i was almost expecting a snakeoil ad at the end lmao.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity