fractal design define r6 Next Gen ?

em_lab

Hi

Currently i got a define r5, it's a very nivel case which it's  my actual pc. I'm planning to build a new nas storage - cloud storage and/or 3d rendre node from my previous build  and i was searching for the last model of the Define RX series. R6 has some years now.

R6 Is the latest release ?

I Can also consider the Next Gen lian li 011D. Very nice case in papier but Can find a y comments about the actual 011D

I apreciate your comments Thanks

The fractal define r series are basically relics from the past when pc components were not silent. Now that they are the case has no point (except for some very few niche uses) since it has poor airflow thus making the fans run harder which makes more noise. So you end up with a noisier machine.

The cases you picked here are about as far from eachother in terms of what their goals is as they can be.

Just get a simple phanteks p360a or something. Good airflow, cheap and probably fits what you want.

13 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The fractal define r series are basically relics from the past when pc components were not silent. Now that they the case has no point since it has poor airflow thus making the fans run harder which makes more noise. So you end up with a noisier machine.

The cases you picked here are about as far from eachother in terms of what their goals is as they can be.

Just get a simple phanteks p360a or something. Good airflow, cheap and probably fits what you want.

Thanks a lot.. it looks nice

15 hours ago, em_lab said:

Thanks a lot.. it looks nice

looks nice and maybe good for coil wine but that's about it. will run hotter witch will make the fans run faster.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

On 9/12/2021 at 8:20 AM, em_lab said:

R6 Is the latest release ?

The latest release is the Define 7 (they dropped the R, we dont know why) They also have Meshify versions of the Define 7, which would offer better cooling, but keep similar noise profiles with good fan tuning. 

The PC-O11D came from the PC-O11; a significantly different case which was running from the PC-O8, O9 and O10 before it. A German Overclocker and Youtuber by the name Derb8uer (pronounced Derbauer) collaborated heavily with Lian Li to transform the PC-O11 into the O11D, which in 2018 became the #1 new case on the market (and in many ways is still the #1 case on the market) However with only 6 HDD bays (none of which have active cooling), this would likely not be ideal for a NAS system. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

40 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The latest release is the Define 7 (they dropped the R, we dont know why) They also have Meshify versions of the Define 7, which would offer better cooling, but keep similar noise profiles with good fan tuning. 

The PC-O11D came from the PC-O11; a significantly different case which was running from the PC-O8, O9 and O10 before it. A German Overclocker and Youtuber by the name Derb8uer (pronounced Derbauer) collaborated heavily with Lian Li to transform the PC-O11 into the O11D, which in 2018 became the #1 new case on the market (and in many ways is still the #1 case on the market) However with only 6 HDD bays (none of which have active cooling), this would likely not be ideal for a NAS system. 

the NZXT H510 is probably the number one case sold

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

57 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

the NZXT H510 is probably the number one case sold

That's fair. Amazon lists the H510 as #1 best seller, while the O11D isnt listed (though the most popular version, white, is Out of Stock so this could be why) And given how many versions of the H510 there are (white vs black or colored, i vs non i, Elite...) if you take all of them into consideration they likely far exceed all sales of all O11D variations. 

O11D is definitely most popular with "PC Enthusiasts" (People on forums like this) while H510 would be best classified as most popular with "gamers" (in general)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

10 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

That's fair. Amazon lists the H510 as #1 best seller, while the O11D isnt listed (though the most popular version, white, is Out of Stock so this could be why) And given how many versions of the H510 there are (white vs black or colored, i vs non i, Elite...) if you take all of them into consideration they likely far exceed all sales of all O11D variations. 

O11D is definitely most popular with "PC Enthusiasts" (People on forums like this) while H510 would be best classified as most popular with "gamers" (in general)

i agree i have one 011 but had 2 at one point. the 011 is like antec 1200 or cooler maser haf

if OP need lots of HDD storage for NAS

I'd say go with Define 7, Meshify 2 or Enthoo Pro 2

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

3 hours ago, fonzz1e said:

if OP need lots of HDD storage for NAS

I'd say go with Define 7, Meshify 2 or Enthoo Pro 2

I did the calculations a while back; Both have similar storage capacity, and costs roughly the same after a user purchases all the optional storage bays (assuming all optional HDD bays are needed, the Pro II was cheaper but not significantly)

i found this on ammazon only a crap 92mm fan at the back... dose have 1 5.25 bay that some people use...

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B096KHH9FJ/?coliid=I2ZU3T6BICU0EQ&colid=1FAOHYDQQPCKN&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

81gLj+A3xPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Fractal Design Node 804 can do 10x hdd micro atx $200

Thermaltake Core V71 8x hdd 2x 5.25 $250

but probably just buy a long case and mount your on hdd cage in there would be the cheapest i would think.

https://www.amazon.ca/Rustproof-Classic-Aluminum-Stacking-Bracket/dp/B0995DVY97/ref=sr_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=hdd+cage&qid=1631650419&sr=8-11

51EaYCQt+QS._AC_SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.ca/Layer-Mechanical-Bracket-External-Storage/dp/B09D7P974N/ref=sr_1_15?dchild=1&keywords=hdd+cage&qid=1631650519&sr=8-15

Edited by thrasher_565