LTT store IOSS number

wuder4
Go to solution Solved by wuder4,

The LTT store support answered back and confirmed that charging taxes at the moment is a mistake on their part, they are happy to refund the taxes when you provide receipt of the purchase. 

Since this is EU related change im guessing that any country from inside Europe is eligible for this refund. 

Hi!

I have bought things from LTT store 3 times now. First two times the invoice says 0$ tax, and I paid my share to the Finnish customs. This latest time it says 12$ for tax, but im still asked by the customs to pay the tax or provide IOSS number as proof that I already paid the tax during initial purchase. 

Im now asking for the IOSS number (if it's public and can be shared), so that no one else has to spend 3 hours looking into what IOSS is and is there a database where you can search the companies that are IOSS sellers but don't include the number in the invoice.

Resources I found:

https://tulli.fi/en/everythingmustbedeclared/iossidentifier (example 2 may apply to me?)

https://www.asendia.com/all-you-need-to-know-about-ioss-and-vat-rules (what IOSS is explained by the shipping company that LTT uses)

Howdy, I had the same situation, I contacted ltt store support, provided the documents I had to pay tax again, and they promptly refunded me the tax I paid during the checkout.

My particular case was in Lithuania, I bought couple of deskpads. 

Not sure about an IOSS number but for help with your order contact support@lttstore.com with your order details and explain the problem. They should be able to get it sorted out for you.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Same issue here, customs are asking about the IOSS number. I already paid tax with the purchase. Without the IOSS number in addition to tax I'd need to pay extra handling fees to the local postal service which I don't like...

The LTT store support answered back and confirmed that charging taxes at the moment is a mistake on their part, they are happy to refund the taxes when you provide receipt of the purchase. 

Since this is EU related change im guessing that any country from inside Europe is eligible for this refund. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am from Germany - the problem is still there. My shopping cart shows taxes.

Why don't they fix it?

I don't wanna pull the trigger to see Germany not only tax it again but double down and put taxes on the taxes again. Cause that is how i understand they will tax: take everything i paid already and multiply with 0.19. Even if i get the money back from LTT after i paid taxes twice - i still paid too much taxes here.

• 1 month later...

Will the IOSS thing be ever used with LTTStore? It would be really helpful since if it is not, besides paying VAT on [in my case] Swedish side I would have to pay for handling/processing fee (7-10 Euros) and sometimes clearance fee (could be 5+ Euros based on the price and type of the product). If the IOSS implemented, then the customs would let it through without charging anything extra.

• 1 month later...

Just ran into the same problem. I paid 20% tax on checkout and now I am prompted to pay again. Customs wants IOSS number. Contacted LTT support, but if I don't get reply from them soon I am simply forced to pay the tax and other fees again if I ever want to receive the goods.

I also ran into the same issue had to pay taxes twice. As it stands I would not recommend anyone from the EU ordering anything until they have resolved the issue.

I just paid my taxes too. Left support a message on 25.12 and had no response to this day.

Same issue here, just had to pay tax again through tulli.fi and the posti handling fee. 

Would be good if either an IOSS number could be utilised or they get around to removing the requirement to pay tax at checkout.

Put in a support message but I am assuming there is a big backlog right now.

On 1/13/2022 at 7:32 AM, _thebash said:

Same issue here, just had to pay tax again through tulli.fi and the posti handling fee. 

Would be good if either an IOSS number could be utilised or they get around to removing the requirement to pay tax at checkout.

Put in a support message but I am assuming there is a big backlog right now.

The backlog is HUGE. I got my response after about 20 days (right after I updated the ticket huh). They told me that they will refund the tax part in the invoice if I provide the receipt, although I paid more to Tulli + Posti combined too. Disappointed with this hassle.

Edit 16.1. Got refunded the tax part.

Edited by acci
Edit

• 3 weeks later...

This is just ridiculous. How is it so freakin hard to stop charging people for tax and then not even tell that for customers in order confirmation that hey btw we screw up all the orders. Instead "please contact us at support@lttstore.com" and then Linus is complaining on wan show how support tickets are endless. I wonder why, when you ask every single EU customer to create support ticket!

Is it any different if the order is more than 150Euros in total? Then the IOSS does not apply and no taxes should be applied?

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be fixed now. No taxes added to the total when shipping to EU (Finland).

image.png.1a02139ad1353618d6fede5c68607181.png

2 hours ago, acci said:

Seems to be fixed now. No taxes added to the total when shipping to EU (Finland).

image.png.1a02139ad1353618d6fede5c68607181.png

Isn't that the opposite of how it should work?

My understanding is that the new regulations in the EU were made so that EU consumers would see the total price, including tax, on the site. Essentially, you pay for taxes at checkout, then the store (lttstore) are responsible for making sure the tax ends up where it belongs in a manner that's transparent to the buyer.

If you don't get charged tax at checkout then you will not accurately see the price the item costs, and you will be responsible for making sure the tax is paid. Exactly the situation the EU tried to avoid.

I guess this fixes the issue of people getting taxed twice, but from my understanding this "fix" is the opposite of how it should work.

The problem was that people were charged tax at checkout and at customs.

Now you will not be charged tax at checkout but you will be at customs.

What should have happened is that you should have been charged tax at checkout but not at customs.

3 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I guess this fixes the issue of people getting taxed twice, but from my understanding this "fix" is the opposite of how it should work.

I think that is the case. It prevents 2x+ taxation, since in the destination country then charges VAT on top of the price that had VAT already paid in the country of origin.

Note that if you shop for more than 150 Euros, IOSS does not apply anymore, and there should not be any taxes handled by the store. Instead this time it must be handled by the destination country.

• 3 months later...

Since this is no.1 result on google when searching for LTT store IOSS number, I will add to this again. 

I bought again from LTT store this summer and was taxed on the initial purchase. I got a message from customs again asking for more information (most likely IOSS number). They say in the message that the taxes have been paid already and I don't need to pay the handling fee, but if I don't include the IOSS number in the "more information" that they want, then they just give me a bill for the taxes. Then I will again have to pay the handling fees. 

This is not as bad as not sharing firmware updates, but this comes close to that, and has been continuing for close to a year now. I don't know if the problem is LTT store, Finnish customs or the shipping company, but FAQ on Finnish customs website says that you should add the IOSS number on every order confirmation or receipt. 

You are not the only company I have bought from in north america, this doesn't happen with anyone else than you. 

bb82c88d026960d009bbfbf2b630e5ff.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hi.

Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring and tell that Finnish customs is still asking IOSS number, its end of 2022..

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2022 at 9:50 AM, Deivid said:

Hi.

Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring and tell that Finnish customs is still asking IOSS number, its end of 2022..

Solution is discussed above. Or did you pay taxes to lttstore AND customs? The IOSS number is there just to help avoid double taxing, and doesn't apply to orders over 150€. https://www.lttstore.com/pages/customs-duty-fees

As a Canadian shopper, I've paid taxes, shipping, and still been charged duties multiple times for purchases from the US or abroad. Are people actually meaning "tax" or is there a miscommunication or unfamiliarity with taxes/customs duty charges?

7 hours ago, divito said:

As a Canadian shopper, I've paid taxes, shipping, and still been charged duties multiple times for purchases from the US or abroad. Are people actually meaning "tax" or is there a miscommunication or unfamiliarity with taxes/customs duty charges?

The people talking about IOSS numbers seem to all be talking about taxes. They are being charged taxes both at purchase, and when the items are being brought into the country. This is because it doesn't seem like the IOSS number is being handled correctly at LTT's end.

Some people trying to be helpful are jumping in to the conversation and are talking about custom duties, which is not the issue people in this thread are having.

You are suppose to be charged for custom duties.

You are not suppose to be charged for taxes/VAT twice.