How to contact school IT departement

I am looking to expand my knowledge on servers in work environments so I was wondering how to contact my school IT department to see if I could learn from them after school or during break periods like lunch since I have found no answers online. Any answers would help. 

Thank you

Ask one of your teachers.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Go to the administration and talk to the secretary if in high school. Your school may or may not have a proper IT department and just outsource it whenever they need it (it was like that for me).

If this is in higher education, you should have access to a directory of staffs through your school's portal.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Ask one of your teachers.

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

Go to the administration and talk to the secretary if in high school.

These would both be the best way to go.

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

If this is in higher education, you should have access to a directory of staffs through your school's portal.

This may only be in the staff portal for some schools/education departments like mine but it depends. It may also be on the school/education department website.

My system: Umart G1 PCIntel Core i3-10100F | 16GB DDR4 RAM

250 GB Crucial MX SSD (OS and Programs)

2TB Seagate Desktop Hard Drive (Documents and VMs)

1 hour ago, TheCommander said:

I am looking to expand my knowledge on servers in work environments so I was wondering how to contact my school IT department to see if I could learn from them after school or during break periods like lunch since I have found no answers online. Any answers would help. 

Thank you

Visit your school's website and see if there's a contact for the IT department listed. Or do what others have suggested and ask the most technically minded teacher if they can put you in touch with the IT staff. Don't take this the wrong way, but random people on an online forum aren't going to magically know how to get in touch with the department of X organization without knowing the organization. Sidebar: since it sounds like this is NOT a university, I would recommend NOT sharing the name of the school online for your own safety.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

If you have courses about IT etc. ask that teacher first. As they have to work with schools IT resources,
they know st least the person who handles your schools system. City might have central for all schools. That's how things are done here. So any server stuff is handled in another location by other people than those who operate day-to-day stuff at your particular school.

And as you may have noticed, things are done vastly differently across the globe. There's no way of us to give you details as that would require us to know details which we don't really need to know at all.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

IT staff are probably the worst people to learn from 🤣  I say that as a member of IT staff.

Seriously though, everything will have to go through a teacher, don't contact the the IT department directly as they will probably just tell you to speak to a teacher first. Just be aware though, whilst you are a student at the school, the IT isn't going to want you anywhere near the systems for obvious security reasons. There is also world of difference between somebody working in IT and somebody who is able to teach you about IT, and if you want to learn, I'd suggest seeking out the teacher route first.

Speaking as someone who used to be Third-party IT staff at a school for a short time, we really REALLY want to have as minimal as possible and VISIBLE as possible interactions with the students.

It's incredibly important for students and staff members at schools to be extremely safe from each other to prevent abuse or false accusations of abuse in either direction.

Know this in case they have to turn down your request for any insight - we want to help, but things can and do go VERY wrong.