LTT Store International Shipping

Aus_Daniel

Hi guys,

Before I get the usual spiel about the pandemic, quantity of orders, etc. I get it, but this isnt related to that.

As a customer who lives in Australia, I had to pay 30USD, close to 50AUD for shipping on a water bottle and mousepad. This is a huge amount considering Ive bought bigger items shipped for less, with reputable carriers. And they have arrived in less than 2 weeks.

Its currently a month since I purchased my order, and over 3 weeks since it was dispatched. It has moved once and is in the US currently. After doing some research on the courier (Asendia), they have a 1.1 star rating almost everywhere I looked. Parcels taking 3-4 months to rock up, never being delivered, no ability to contact etc.

Why is the LTT Store charging an absurd amount for shipping, while using an absolute second rate courier service? I shouldnt be paying nearly 50 dollars in shipping just to have to wait months.

Has anyone else had similar experiences or do you normally get ltt items delivered with a reputable courier service?

Shipping is so expensive because you're paying the actual cost of international shipping. Any site with "free" international shipping is baking the cost into the price of the items you buy. It looks like you aren't paying for shipping, but you're just paying for it elsewhere.

As for why that courier in particular, no idea.

Edit: Also worth noting that their bad rating is because nobody cares about rating a courier unless something bad happens. Look at ratings for any other courier. FedEx, UPS, DHL, Australia Post, every single one of them has <1.5 stars everywhere you look.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

1 hour ago, Aus_Daniel said:

Hi guys,

Before I get the usual spiel about the pandemic, quantity of orders, etc. I get it, but this isnt related to that.

As a customer who lives in Australia, I had to pay 30USD, close to 50AUD for shipping on a water bottle and mousepad. This is a huge amount considering Ive bought bigger items shipped for less, with reputable carriers. And they have arrived in less than 2 weeks.

Its currently a month since I purchased my order, and over 3 weeks since it was dispatched. It has moved once and is in the US currently. After doing some research on the courier (Asendia), they have a 1.1 star rating almost everywhere I looked. Parcels taking 3-4 months to rock up, never being delivered, no ability to contact etc.

Why is the LTT Store charging an absurd amount for shipping, while using an absolute second rate courier service? I shouldnt be paying nearly 50 dollars in shipping just to have to wait months.

Has anyone else had similar experiences or do you normally get ltt items delivered with a reputable courier service?

I agree, I live in Australia too and the only reason why I don't buy stuff from LTTStore.com is because of shipping costs. As much as I like the products spending $100 AUD on a packet of 3 underwear is ridiculous. They're are much better courier services that offer cheaper and faster deliveries like DHL or heck even Aussie Post.

I wonder why shipping is so expensive....

1200x713.png

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

You also aren't considering volume. Larger businesses can negotiate better shipping rates because they're shipping higher volumes. The amount of merchandise LTT Store is shipping to Australia is miniscule in comparison, so they're paying bog standard rates.

I'll just never get over people complaining about shipping costs, especially international. As if it's some trivial thing that should cost nothing. It doesn't matter if it's a pack of underwear or what, getting something from Canada to Australia is difficult as hell, and the shipping is priced accordingly.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Id pay more for shipping if it was with a company I could actually contact. 

Like everyone else I have bought a lot of stuff online this last year. From the US, the Uk etc. Everything has arrived promptly with no delays. For shipping costs that are significantly cheaper, on cheaper items, that are carried through reputable companies like tnt, fedex etc. 

4 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

I wonder why shipping is so expensive....

1200x713.png

In my area there is a problem with a lot of freight being unloaded at cargo terminals and the final pickup from the customer is delayed. Possibly due to a "worker" (salary) shortage. 

6 hours ago, Aus_Daniel said:

Id pay more for shipping if it was with a company I could actually contact. 

Like everyone else I have bought a lot of stuff online this last year. From the US, the Uk etc. Everything has arrived promptly with no delays. For shipping costs that are significantly cheaper, on cheaper items, that are carried through reputable companies like tnt, fedex etc. 

LMG has bought shipping service from local operator. Probably because the rates they get for the overall, domestic, NA and international overseas were much better than from the big ones. This local operator has subcontractors in regions they don't have own operation. In Europe, its FedEx. And from that, I'm going to assume that it's because of the deal they got. Cheaper sure, but more unreliable.

How much you would pay if ordering from some other smaller business? Or paying for shipping as private customer? Those are the rates you should be comparing against. Not something like Newegg.

So, yes, the reliability and speed could be a lot better. But that would mean even higher rates. For everyone. Also, your complaint gets lost on forums. Send it to store support email. Enough complaints about same issue usually leads to improvements. And they tend to be nicer than us on the forums when it comes to facts of life.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

i've once tried to order some cable management suff from a small time US company, until i found that i was about to cough up 500 bucks in shipping. for a small time company it's near impossible to do international shipping that is anywhere near affordable.

from actual experience at work, we regularly have to ship packages from belgium to a US customer, and they regularly pay around €150-250 depending on just how much we have to ship. and even then it's only 2-3 week arrival snailmail.

Shipping from Canada is notoriously expensive.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 hour ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Shipping from Canada is notoriously expensive.

Shipping anything in Canada is notoriously expensive. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

On 9/4/2021 at 9:03 AM, Aus_Daniel said:

As a customer who lives in Australia, I had to pay 30USD, close to 50AUD for shipping on a water bottle and mousepad.

Which is exactly why I don't order anything from lttstore. No basic water bottle and mouse pads with fancy designs are worth the shipping costs.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I ship products internationally too and I can tell you LTT's shipping rates are in line with everyone else's. Shipping overseas is expensive.

But if you step back for a minute, its really NOT that expensive. Imagine 100 years ago giving someone a box and saying "ok, here is $2 [which is $30 accounting for inflation], now please deliver this box to the other side of the planet.". The fact it only costs $30 to ship a package thousands of miles away is amazing.

• 4 months later...

UK customer here. I'm not too concerned about the shipping costs. I'm not even concerned about the delivery time. The stuff will get here when it gets here. And I make sure to order enough stuff at a time to make me feel okay with the shipping costs comparatively. What does bother me though, is Asendia, when I check on the tracking info and I see stuff like this...

Asendia.thumb.png.a60a5b74790fe345699269d6bead29d2.png

So it arrived at some facility in LA on the 4th of January and apparently it has just been sitting there for the past 8 days and counting. I refresh the page on a daily basis hoping to see a new update, but nothing appears to be happening.

Then there's things like this...

distance1.png.25042bdca74bc0d47ab63de53cac51d2.png

distance2.png.3858a6b07a84c734c737b5c89ca13326.png

So, the items I ordered on the 10th of December are now (one month further) about 1200 kilometers further away from me than they were when I placed the order. And just chilling in some warehouse until the lousy shipping company decides it's time to take some action. Lol!

2 hours ago, Stonelesscutter said:

So, the items I ordered on the 10th of December are now (one month further) about 1200 kilometers further away from me than they were when I placed the order. And just chilling in some warehouse until the lousy shipping company decides it's time to take some action. Lol!

That's pretty much how international logistics work. Repeating myself, but this is all about who is the shipping partner/subcontractor Wizmo uses to UK. For my yearly moderator paycheck, the stuff arrived by French Post/local post (seems to be also Ascendia). It took 3 weeks from shipping confirmation to arrive.

Looking at log, there's new entry at every scan. So there are several explanations. First being huge backlog of overall stuff going from CAN to UK. Plus those with premium service getting first go. Why it is in US is about logistics. These services fly stuff through their own terminals, gathering bigger loads into one shipment. So the package going to your import point is waiting to be full, or it's only shipped once a week etc. with premium delivery going before it. Reason for log entries: the container gets scanned when they checked where and when it's going. That doesn't mean it would even be moved. Just scanned.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hey look, an update!

Asendia2.thumb.png.5e0cf2efd6276e296e22ab11033671a8.png

It just arrived in LA. After having arrived there eight days ago. Lol! 🤣🙃 I'm looking forward to the future updates. This is fun.

18 hours ago, Stonelesscutter said:

Hey look, an update!

Asendia2.thumb.png.5e0cf2efd6276e296e22ab11033671a8.png

It just arrived in LA. After having arrived there eight days ago. Lol! 🤣🙃 I'm looking forward to the future updates. This is fun.

Literally just means it was scanned by someone else than the one moving it onwards. I did gig work at local terminal for post parcels. A package gets scanned 5-10 times before it leaves the facility. Maybe more if its just going around in their system...

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv