HELP! HELP! HELP! I have accidently uninstalled the factory installed windows 10 on my Dell Insprion 5 5515 laprop!

Leaky_Sponge

It is a long story.

So I downloaded Pop!_os on my Laptop that has Windows 10 installed, and it over wrote windows 10. Because I didn't like Linux that much, I decided to go boot back to windows 10, but found out that my main boot was Pop!_os. I then tries to download Windows 10 from a USB, but in the setup, it said that it needed a drive sone drivers, then said No devices found. I formated my entire C: drive, thinking it would fix the issue, but didn't.

My end result is that my Dell laptop is now completely empty with no boot device, with there only being my bios setup and my boot Manger in there.

How do I get my Factory Installed windows 10 back?

Note, my laptop has a fingerprint sensor on the power button, a camera, a microphone, WiFi and bluetooth, touch screen, and it has amd cpu and gpu. Hope that helps.

Make a Windows 10 install USB drive on another Windows PC and reinstall Windows. 

The result will be a stock Windows install. Any factory pre-installed software from Dell that came with the laptop when you got it will be gone, but it was probably useless anyway. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Leaky_Sponge said:

How do I get my Factory Installed windows 10 back?

If you installed a new operating system over it (PopOS!) then it's gone. You will need to download the Windows 10 installer from Microsofts website using another computer and install a fresh copy. Same install process as what you would have used for installing PopOS with putting the installer on to a USB drive and booting to that and following the install prompts.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

If you already made a windows 10 install USB and tried that, you're going to have to give more detail on exactly what issues you ran into. You said something about drivers. 

Go to another computer that has Windows on it, get the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft, insert a USB into that computer, choose it as the target for the Creation Tool, install Windows 10 onto the laptop, and then get the drivers for that hardware from Dell's website: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5515-laptop/drivers

3 minutes ago, rickeo said:

If you already made a windows 10 install USB and tried that, you're going to have to give more detail on exactly what issues you ran into. You said something about drivers. 

My interpretation was that he was trying to make the Windows 10 installer USB using PopOS, and typically the Windows Media Creation Tool only works on a Windows PC. But I might be wrong. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

2 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Go to another computer that has Windows on it, get the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft, insert a USB into that computer, choose it as the target for the Creation Tool, install Windows 10 onto the laptop, and then get the drivers for that hardware from Dell's website: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5515-laptop/drivers

Where do I put the drivers on my USB?

Just now, Leaky_Sponge said:

The drivers don't go on the USB. Read what he said.

Get the new install of Windows done.

Then go to the Dell page for your laptop and download any additional drivers you find you need. 

Just now, Leaky_Sponge said:

You don't. You download the drivers after you install Windows.

41 minutes ago, Leaky_Sponge said:

The only driver you might need after installing Windows is the WiFi driver if you don't have any other way to get on the Internet and the default Windows drivers don't work. In that case, after installing Windows, you can take the USB drive back to the other computer and put the WiFi driver on it. The post-installation set-up for Windows takes a few minutes anyway - you can just do it while that's happening.

If you won't have Internet access when reinstalling Windows on the laptop for some reason, and also won't have access to the second computer, then it should be safe to make another folder on the USB after the Media Creation Tool is done and put the drivers in there. This must be done after running the Creation Tool, because the Creation Tool will delete everything on the flash drive.

This is not how to install the drivers when Windows installs - it's just a way that you can transport them to the laptop without needing Internet. After installing Windows, you can put the USB drive back in, go to that folder, and copy the files over.

He's doing a really poor job at describing what happened when he tried to install Windows but all i can think of is an error where Windows won't install to his drive without a driver. This is something that used to be a lot more common but it is a thing during Windows installs for some. 

Usually it would happen if the drive isn't showing up at all due to it being connected to a controller the windows installer doesn't recognize but if he's seeing the drive as available in the installer, that might not be it.

Bottom line, we need more information on the specific issue that crops up during the windows install where you pick the drive to install to.

22 minutes ago, rickeo said:

He's doing a really poor job at describing what happened when he tried to install Windows but all i can think of is an error where Windows won't install to his drive without a driver. This is something that used to be a lot more common but it is a thing during Windows installs for some. 

Usually it would happen if the drive isn't showing up at all due to it being connected to a controller the windows installer doesn't recognize but if he's seeing the drive as available in the installer, that might not be it.

Bottom line, we need more information on the specific issue that crops up during the windows install where you pick the drive to install to.

Correct, it happens with some 10th and mostly 11th gen intel and newer ryzen laptops. New Dell laptops that are 10th and 11th gen Intel or ryzen 3000 or newer and have Nvme SSDs are the majority of ones that I have seen it happen in,  in order to fix it you either have to install windows onto the drive in another computer or download the drivers for it(found on the laptops support page in the drivers tab) onto a second USB so that when you go to install you can get the drivers when prompted.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |