AIO or Air Cooler for my Ryzen 5 3600

JannikYaeger
Go to solution Solved by VectorTech,
3 minutes ago, JannikYaeger said:

Hey guys,

so since I've bought my 3600 I've just been using the stock cooler. It's a pretty good cooler but I wanted to step it up a bit. I've been thinking of getting an AIO but I don't know of it's even necessary since I'm not really into overclocking or anything. What do you guys think about that?

Get a decent air cooler, they're typically cheaper, and work rather well- especially for a low TDP chip like yours. Also AIO's have multiple parts that can fail over time, where as with air coolers the only thing that could really fail would be the fan which is cheap and easily replaceable.

Hey guys,

so since I've bought my 3600 I've just been using the stock cooler. It's a pretty good cooler but I wanted to step it up a bit. I've been thinking of getting an AIO but I don't know of it's even necessary since I'm not really into overclocking or anything. What do you guys think about that?

3 minutes ago, JannikYaeger said:

Hey guys,

Get a decent air cooler, they're typically cheaper, and work rather well- especially for a low TDP chip like yours. Also AIO's have multiple parts that can fail over time, where as with air coolers the only thing that could really fail would be the fan which is cheap and easily replaceable.

Data Systems Administrator | Sergeant - US Marine Corps | CCNA / SEC+

Ryzen 9 5950x | 64 GB DDR4 3600Mhz | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti | Full Build Info | HomeLab Setup

To add to @VectorTech almost perfect post;
Is that many 2x 120MM AIO's cool just as good (or even worse) then a big block 2x120MM aircooler. 😉  ( for at least double the price.)

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

I'd just go with the Nocuta NH-U12S Redux. AiOs are pretty much wasted with such a low powered CPU, as air coolers do the job just as good while being cheaper and more reliable long term. No AiO ever will come anywhere close to the reliability of a Noctua air cooler.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

8 minutes ago, JannikYaeger said:

Hey guys,

Dont get AIO, as many say. Honestly i dont even think springing for a noctua cooler is even worth it, i would go for something cheaper like Deepcool Gammaxx 400, Arctic Freezer 34, or Scythe Mugen 5.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

12 minutes ago, JannikYaeger said:

Hey guys,

scythe mugen 5 or arctic freezer 34 will be my choice. Maybe even a thermalright true spirit.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

18 minutes ago, VectorTech said:

Do you have any recommendations? I would love to get a white one if possible since I want to upgrade my PC to a white aestethic in the future.

Just now, JannikYaeger said:

Do you have any recommendations? I would love to get a white one if possible since I want to upgrade my PC to a white aestethic in the future.

Depending on your budget I would get a silver air cooler (like pretty much any that'll fit your socket from Noctua) and then just purchase a white fan(s) to go with your aesthetic.

Data Systems Administrator | Sergeant - US Marine Corps | CCNA / SEC+

Ryzen 9 5950x | 64 GB DDR4 3600Mhz | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti | Full Build Info | HomeLab Setup

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

9 hours ago, JannikYaeger said:

What case and ram are you using? 

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

10 hours ago, JannikYaeger said:

This'll be my choice for white

https://www.amazon.com/nkomax-Thermalright-PA120-Cooler-Heatpipes/dp/B0936HJFT4/

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case