Best 780 Ti version

MX13

hey guys its a simple one this time...

im after a 780Ti, and im just wondering which brand(i have always used asus but im open to suggestions) and or revision is the best. and also should i stay with the reference design as i may be upgrading to a liquid cooling loop 

Cheers,
Mouse

CPU-3030K @4.0 GHZ.  MOBO-ASUS P9X79 PRO.  RAM-16GB Corsair Vengeance @1600mhz.  Grapics- ASUS 560 Ti 2GB (waiting on a 780TI). Case-Corsair 600T. SSD- OCZ Agility 3 120GB(buyiung a samsun 840 EVO 500GB).  PSU - OCZ ZX850W. Cooler-Corsair H80. Keyboard-Logitech G19. Mouse-Logitech G700  :)

Mouse......out

ASUS GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB DirectCUII  best cooler, 

but really pick the one you like looking at the most :P

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

EVGA gets my vote

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Regular Classy, Kingpin is ugly and overkill for 99.9% of us.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

hey guys its a simple one this time...

im after a 780Ti, and im just wondering which brand(i have always used asus but im open to suggestions) and or revision is the best. and also should i stay with the reference design as i may be upgrading to a liquid cooling loop 

Cheers,

Mouse

I had to answer myself the same question a few weeks ago. I wanted to get a good aftermarket 780ti, but with a reference pcb for possible waterblock compatibility down the road.

Basically the two best 780ti's that use the reference pcb and have a good quiet aftermarket cooler are:

the gigabyte windforce oc (non-ghz)

and the msi gaming 3g

both come with a factory 1085 MHz boost clock, which is the highest of all air cooled 780ti's and on one level with the 780ti classified from evga.

In the end I went for the msi one, as I have a red/black themed build, which msi's 780ti suits quite well, and the writing on the gigabyte's backplate is upside down.

one thing worth considering though is, that evga has also awesome looks, great warranty on their acx units, and offers to exchange your card with the upcoming 6GB version down the road.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, you have all been really helpful. in the end i have decide to invest in a new Samsung EVO 500TB for the minute.
Because my kick ass girlfriend said the will get me the ....EVGA classified with acx for my birthday in june  :D  :wub:   :D

On your guys' recommendation of course :)

Cheers

CPU-3030K @4.0 GHZ.  MOBO-ASUS P9X79 PRO.  RAM-16GB Corsair Vengeance @1600mhz.  Grapics- ASUS 560 Ti 2GB (waiting on a 780TI). Case-Corsair 600T. SSD- OCZ Agility 3 120GB(buyiung a samsun 840 EVO 500GB).  PSU - OCZ ZX850W. Cooler-Corsair H80. Keyboard-Logitech G19. Mouse-Logitech G700  :)

Mouse......out

EVGA Classified KINGPIN edition, Go for it man!..

and you need atleast 450W Power SUpply dedicated for that Card!.. 

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.